| Joni | ... | 22-11-2007 @ 21:30 | |
left the country satisfied Member 10, 19241 posts SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq | HennyB said: You must let me know where in Pietermaritzburg Warrens Gym is. I'll go and train there next time I'm in Durban. sounds good man, here are the details: Pietermaritzburg Warren's Gym Tel: 033 342 2524 271 Pietermaritz Street Fax: 033 342 2524 There are some crazy guys training there, and they organise some local small comps there as well sometimes. Is there a web site for SA powerlifting comps, and strongman stuff as well? | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 22-11-2007 @ 21:54 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions. | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 03:56 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | sounds good man, here are the details: Thanks Boet. I'll check it out. | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 04:05 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | There are a couple of sites you can visit. powerliftingsa.co.za - powerlifting and for strongman check out Arno Lambrechts site. bigarnie.co.za. There is an impressive 420kg squat he did at nationals this year. He got red lighted because the judges are a bunch of f**k heads, but it was still cool. Arno is my mentor and big friend. A huge power in the powerlifting scene in SA and a good all round strongman. I've never seen a guy pull a truck like he does. There's just a problem with the SA powerlifting site now. They are fixing it. I'll let you guys know when it is up and running again. Cheers HB | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 04:43 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | Martin1956 said: Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions. Hey bru. If you know me well you'll understand - for me to just be able to download e - mail is like breaking the world record. I'm totally disabled when it comes to IT ect. Please show me how and I'll check it out. For sure. Sorry | ||
| Titch | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 09:48 | |
One Sexy MoFo Member 101, 2470 posts | HennyB said: Martin1956 said: Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions. Hey bru. If you know me well you'll understand - for me to just be able to download e - mail is like breaking the world record. I'm totally disabled when it comes to IT ect. Please show me how and I'll check it out. For sure. Sorry Henny, he meant for you to go to the 'Competitions' part of this board and check out something he wrote. Click on this link to go directly to what Martin was talking about: http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum.php?a=777#30566 | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 11:22 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | Thanks Titch. It helps | ||
| Silver_Oldie | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 11:27 | |
Silver Surfer Member 163, 321 posts SQ 0, BP 95, DL 095.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq | Hi Henny...Just joined the site myself...plenty of good advice here..just have to ask for it nobody preaches I think quite possibly I could be the only one on this board who has visited your town I backpacked around your fine country a couple of years ago...finished up at Victoria Falls I THINK I stayed on a place on Danie Joubert ...took a short side trip to see a bit of the Drakensburg Good country I was made very welcome wherever I went...Oh..your not bad at rugby either | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 11:30 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | Martin1956 said: Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions. The guy on the right in your 3rd pic is from the Eastern Cape. He lifts with Wally Scmidt. Can't remember his name now. Stunning people. Really down to earth. The lady on the left is the treasurer for The SAPF. I think her name is Gail. She's from Gauteng. Great person. I love the stage. Never seen anything like it. Cheers | ||
| HennyB | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 11:35 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | Silver_Oldie said: Hi Henny...Just joined the site myself...plenty of good advice here..just have to ask for it nobody preaches I think quite possibly I could be the only one on this board who has visited your town I backpacked around your fine country a couple of years ago...finished up at Victoria Falls I THINK I stayed on a place on Danie Joubert ...took a short side trip to see a bit of the Drakensburg Good country I was made very welcome wherever I went...Oh..your not bad at rugby either Not bad at rugby? We are the best at rugby! Danie Joubert is our main street right through town centre. Nice to know Tzaneen is not on the other side of the galaxy. | ||
| DMPM | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 18:29 | |
AUSTRALIA !!! AUSTRALIA !!! AUSTRALIA !!! Member 22, 452 posts SQ 250, BP 195, DL 250695.0 kgs @ 121kgs Eq | Good luck with the comp mate. Good to have another antipodean on the board. | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 23-11-2007 @ 19:20 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | I've never understood what you southerners have against Podeans. | ||
| HennyB | 5 days out | 26-11-2007 @ 16:24 | |
Sugdens most southern member Member 178, 76 posts SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq | Only went in to Bench. Warm up - 10 x 60kg, 5 x 90kg, 3 x 120kg, 3 x 130kg Sets - 2 x 2 145kg Triceps - Close Grip BP - 3 x 8 x 90kg. Don't want to overtrain. | ||
| Silver_Oldie | ... | 26-11-2007 @ 20:50 | |
Silver Surfer Member 163, 321 posts SQ 0, BP 95, DL 095.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq | Good luck Henny...Resting up on plenty of Castle and Boerwars sausage? | ||
| Rob | ... | 26-11-2007 @ 20:52 | |
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk Member 1, 7174 posts SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq Administrator | Yep best of luck Henny mate, put up some good numbers!! | ||