You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSilver_Oldies Log

Silver_Oldies Log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Silver_OldieIcon...10-04-2009 @ 11:22 
Silver Surfer
Member 163, 321 posts
SQ 0, BP 95, DL 0
95.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
No probs Marc.Thanks for your kind remarks but it was not my best performance ever.
Stopped heavy work eight weeks ago and been doing plyometrics ever since, and will continue to untill July and British Masters T&F Championships.Weighed in lightest ever too, due to sprinting and stuff.
Sorry to have missed your drama on Sunday pal!Had to leave early,but read all about it. Wink
Silver_OldieIcon...06-07-2009 @ 13:07 
Silver Surfer
Member 163, 321 posts
SQ 0, BP 95, DL 0
95.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Well its July....British Masters Track and field championships were Sat/Sun,this past weekend.I ended up winning the M7 British Shot Putt title so a big thank you to powerlifting and its training disciplines....I am told,subject to a bit more research that it is the first time that any one has held a national shot putt and powerlifting title in the same year at any level.
With about nine weeks to the worlds in Bradford I am pushing my luck a bit to put on a respectable performance,and hoping the plyo work has retained a bit of the strength I had in March.
I will try to progress with 7s,5s, 3s.
Bench....See how it goes kind of session
50 X8
60 X7
77.5 X5
75X5X5X4
72.5X5X4
Pissy weights for you guys I know,but its a start.Grabbing a bar again felt GREAT and feeling HUNGRY for the next session.Hope I make rapid gains and above all not injure myself in my haste.
Silver_OldieIcon...19-09-2009 @ 10:12 
Silver Surfer
Member 163, 321 posts
SQ 0, BP 95, DL 0
95.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Arrived at Bradford for the worlds about 7am for weigh in.Too early for a poo, but still weighed in at my lightest ever at 80.8.Still maintaining my conditioning work for field events.
Nine weeks training wasnt enough to do myself justice,could have used another month minimum.
85kgs was enough to win this old gits M7 U/E group.Failed twice to make the card more respectable.90kgs plus was in the bag but was ruled uneven lifting.Something to do with the single arm barbell work I have been doing probably.
I came away feeling like I some how got away with a cheap title but after listening to Martin F and Dave W, and researching the results from the European and other BDFPA national championships,and GBPF I have found that for this year at least my lift was a leader.
Targets now are to break British record U/E bench and win British INDOOR and outdoor shot/discus
Good to meet up with Martin,the two Daves,John and Roy again.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsSilver_Oldies Log
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions