People who push bikes up hills

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JackRevans said:
Im going there later

hoxton...
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6025/5935362284_e6633d5556.jpg
JackRevans said:
Whats the highest mountain in Suffolk?

I haven't encountered one yet, but where I live is sufficiently hilly to encounter people pushing bikes.
I saw someone riding a penny-farthing recently, up a slight incline.
Hoxtons actually a really nice place
dazzachap
Hills Pffft bring on the mountains and get one of these bad boys mountain biking for the armchair enthusiast, good for 50 plus miles an hr :-)

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-b-52-bomber/
Tonight I saw a young man jogging uphill... pushing a bike.
billynomates
Could any of these people have flat tyres?
A tiny proportion maybe.

If that was the explanation you'd see the same number of people pushing bikes along flat ground.
I like to take my bike for a walk. I hold the seat and can steer it or even rum if I needed to.. sometimes I dismount to a side and coast. Stand on the seat, no hands. How fast have you ever gotten your speed up to? On a flat on a hill. Have you ever blown a tire at a high speed?
I harbour dislike for approximately 75 % of road cyclists. Since that Bradly Wigins got popular, men started adorning all the best cycling clothing, buying nice bikes and cycling in large packs in the road. Idiots. Just like gym idiots, you have bike idiots.

I used to be a keen road cyclist, I didn't wear psychedelic lycra and I rode in single file whenever traffic was about. I have cycled all over the UK and I've also done international cycling trips. But I never felt the need to dress like a complete idiot and pose a traffic hazard.
to me it makes sense to push bikes up hill.

if cycling instead of walking to reduce journey time, then walking up hill is usually faster, especially if fatigued part way through a journey. it gives you more of a rest so you can cycle faster for the rest of the journey as opposed to tiring yourself out and then continuing at a slower pace.

i havent rode a bike in a few years but when i do i push them up hills Tongue
This evening I cycled up a hill. Up ahead of me was a young man also cycling up the same hill. He appeared to be finding it difficult and got off and pushed. I cycled past him to the top. He was half my age.
dannyboy73
was it uphill Wayne, was it???
Interesting Happy

As far as I know there was no weird phenomenon at play.
Also, I never stand up while cycling because I consider it cheating.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPeople who push bikes up hills
Return to top View Desktop Site