Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld's Strongest Junior 2016

World's Strongest Junior 2016

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MrLuke3
Final day for this today in Canada.
My yougner brother Tom Stoltman is competing there and is doing awesome. Currently sitting in first place with 2 events left today - the car deadlift hold and the "giant" wheelbarrow. Nick Hadge is in second - not sure if it was him or his brother that won the Arnold's last year - no easy task!

Anyone that has or is following Tom this is a massive deal to him.
Didn't quite perform at the final of the UK's and didn't place where he deserved too. It is what it is. A credit to him for pulling it back and going out to Canada and competing out there.

Very proud of what he is doing over there.
He is a big friendly giant who has mountains of potential and its people like this we all need to get behind and encourage to live to that potential - obviously I am biased as he is my brother. But lets hope he takes the title back to the UK!!
Great to hear that he is doing well.

Do you have a breakdown of his events?
MrLuke3
Day 1

1.Duck walk. 200kg. 4 lanes. 20 m course
2. Circus dumbbell. 80 kg. 1 competitor.
3. Deaflift for max. No suits. 1 competitor. 270 kg opener. Jumps in 15 kg until 330 then 10s. 340…

Day 2

4. Tyre flip. 2 lanes. Fastest time wins.
5. Truck Pull with harness and rope, 20m. 1 competitor.
6. Stones of strength. 1 competitor. 100kg -160kg

Day 3

7. Gatineau wheelbarrow for max, 1 competitor

8. Dead lift hold for time. Head to head for the title and will lift the new world title belt
mark_f1
He's doing great Luke!

I train with Ashton Reid who's out there competing with him. Tom is doing an incredible job, he'll definitely be alongside you in the Open worlds soon.
Any word on how Paul Smith is getting on? I know he was sitting in 3rd behind Tom and Nick going into the 2nd day. 2 Brits on the podium would be an immense feat for UK strongman.
MrLuke3
Tom 59
Nick 55.5
Paul 50
4th is on 49 points.

Quite close still.
AdamT
Hopefully both guys get a good finish.

Tom Is a giant.
SteBennett
Any updates?
mark_f1
Hadge has won, paul smith second
Tom had a bad deadlift hold and dropped him down to 4th, Cheik Sanou 3rd massive Canadian powerlifter, I got 2nd and Nick Hadge won with a brilliant performance. Best comp I've ever done and it should make good tv!
unit94 said:Tom had a bad deadlift hold and dropped him down to 4th, Cheik Sanou 3rd massive Canadian powerlifter, I got 2nd and Nick Hadge won with a brilliant performance. Best comp I've ever done and it should make good tv!

Well done! Do you know is it to be aired anywhere? Seen a few videos posted on Facebook etc but would be good to see it televised.

Do you have the full results or know how Matthew McCoy got on?
BrenWad
Some seriously old looking juniors! Too much chicken?
rabn21 said:
Well done! Do you know is it to be aired anywhere? Seen a few videos posted on Facebook etc but would be good to see it televised.
Do you have the full results or know how Matthew McCoy got on?

Cheers mate, it's been filme and edited for two hours of tv but I'm not supposed to say what channel yet! It'll be on November time as far as I know. McCoy came 5th won the dumbbell and the hold comfortably some great performances
billynomates
Great result Unit, well done!
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld's Strongest Junior 2016
Return to top View Desktop Site