Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitwhy do so many people hate cross fitters ??

why do so many people hate cross fitters ??

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

John
So I don't know any cross fitters but I know loads of people that do and they all seem to hate them why is this????
Gotta hate something.
bcos they call circuits WODs
John
Wods? What does that stand for?
IrishMarc
DomRedshaw said:bcos they call circuits WODs

Seems like a good reason to me.
blinki
They often have f**king awesome gyms but they won't let you use it unless it's for a PT session or you are a crossfit member. Does my head in that there's a gym practically behind my house with tyres and kegs and nice bars and all sorts of good stuff that isn't even been used most of the day.
blinki said:They often have f**king awesome gyms but they won't let you use it unless it's for a PT session or you are a crossfit member. Does my head in that there's a gym practically behind my house with tyres and kegs and nice bars and all sorts of good stuff that isn't even been used most of the day.

All CrossFit gyms I've been to have let me pay per session just to do WL.

Stupid thread this! So your mates dislike people just because they do crossfit?
ChrisMcCarthy
I think it hearks back to the old "Powerlifting vs Weightlifting vs Strongman vs Bodybuilding" conflict, when of course each group secretly coveted at least one thing the others had. As the "New Boy" Crossfit gets the flack off all the other groups! :-)

There does seem to be some valid criticism of the exercise selection and format, but then of course no one is making you do anything stupid - and dodgy-looking protocols exist across all of the Iron Sports.

Plus there's the money thing, but that seems to be largely a problem in the US - don't know enough about the UK scene to know if that applies here too.
blinki
AndyCoupe said:

Maybe it varies by area. I've been told by more than one around here that they don't do casual sessions because it's 'unsafe' even though I'd be more than happy to prove a decent level of competence. I think what they are trying to say is they'd not be making as much money as they want out of me. Even visiting crossfitters get charger $25 where as every other gym that does casual entry is more $10.
blinki said:They often have f**king awesome gyms but they won't let you use it unless it's for a PT session or you are a crossfit member. Does my head in that there's a gym practically behind my house with tyres and kegs and nice bars and all sorts of good stuff that isn't even been used most of the day.

There's a guy lives near me who has an Aston Martin parked on his driveway. He hardly ever drives it, and worst still he won't let me use it. Unhappy
blinki said:
Maybe it varies by area. I've been told by more than one around here that they don't do casual sessions because it's 'unsafe' even though I'd be more than happy to prove a decent level of competence. I think what they are trying to say is they'd not be making as much money as they want out of me. Even visiting crossfitters get charger $25 where as every other gym that does casual entry is more $10.

I think if you want to actually do CrossFit in their gyms then you have to do those foundation sessions beforehand? To learn all the movements etc.

I think that's the way it works.

Confused
adillon10
AndyCoupe said:
I think if you want to actually do CrossFit in their gyms then you have to do those foundation sessions beforehand? To learn all the movements etc.
I think that's the way it works.
Confused

This is true, however from my experience it's businessmen trying to coach people how to snatch, clean etc. and not weightlifting/S&C coaches. Hense why they all get injured, have such a s**t rep, look like total nobs when they lift.

CrossFit is mega if it's done properly aka. Chris Froning.
IrishMarc
Post Edited: 14.05.2014 @ 14:07 PM by IrishMarc
little_a said:
There's a guy lives near me who has an Aston Martin parked on his driveway. He hardly ever drives it, and worst still he won't let me use it. Unhappy

This is my post of the month thus far.
Steve
Part of the problem is the claims made for crossfit.

For example I've seen crossfit being suggested as the best way for a natural bodybuilder, weightlifter and marathon runner to train
John
AndyCoupe said:

Stupid thread yet you feel compelled to comment lol it supposed to be light haerted .but thanks for you comment :-)

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitwhy do so many people hate cross fitters ??
Return to top View Desktop Site