Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSugden Weekly Snatch Thread !

Sugden Weekly Snatch Thread !

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

George_Winston said:Its part of the 'lifting league'
Set up by maz and giles
We were against chelt wlc, we beat them 4-0

Seth, sn105 c/j 135 @96
Martin sn 98 c/j 120
Me sn 107 c/j 146
Ben sn 125? C/j 178

Also the last 2 c/j attempts were out of competition as me and ben wanted another crack at it
151 was a clean pb for me
Ben attempted 185

Nice Work Boys ! 4-0 spells OUCH !
todays snatching..

no pb's but my consistancy is improving all the time. as soon as esm's out the way hopefully ill be able to smash out some bigger numbers!
Very nice Will, look great- mad that you do it in a rack (sure I've said that before!)

I got another PR double with 80kg tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCjbEMeIb3Y

Left arm's a bit wobbly at the bottom, but feel like I'm starting to get it now!
Post Edited: 07.07.2013 @ 11:46 AM by ben66
Has everyone stopped snatching?

A fail from today.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRoFPUw581o

Got the bar in the right place (I think) just too weak to hold it. Left me a bit dizzy and the knurling has shaved a chunk of hair off the back of my head....

Onwards.
slimsim
Ouch ouch ouch!!!! I don't think you are too weak to hold it, I just you just forgot that you needed to!
slimsim said:Ouch ouch ouch!!!! I don't think you are too weak to hold it, I just you just forgot that you needed to!

Maybe a combination of both! Got it up there ok, then just dropped it on my head...
Ouch Ben - unlucky!

Heres my dodgy footwork. The right foot always ends up further forward and this happens...

ben66 said:Has everyone stopped snatching?

A fail from today.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRoFPUw581o

Got the bar in the right place (I think) just too weak to hold it. Left me a bit dizzy and the knurling has shaved a chunk of hair off the back of my head....

Onwards.

I do this 2/3 times a week lol..... maybe someone else will come in and tell us how to stop it...
You have to follow the bar down like this...Grin

My snatching from this week Happy

Good snatching VG!
Ok guys stop smashing the bar on the back of ur melons its making me nervous watching the vids as I never know its coming lol! For those of u that are doing this stop trying to "finish ur pull" drive ur hips in hard get a good kick n cath it strong! in ur mental prep befor the lift feel urself catching it strong BANG! punch the f**ker out think about having a big chest, back tight everything locked into place!

When I say don't think about finishing ur pull I don't mean be lazy with it but to me it looks like ur all concentrating on pulling it long n finishing the pull but by doing that ur lingering at the top then wen ur get under the bar its already on its way down resulting in it gathering momentum downwards n continuing it path staring on to the back of ur heads

I hope this helps because I'm loving all these snatches its never been so popular
VG great work baby steps on the weights n snatch will be awesome for ur shoulder stability!
Tom_Martin said:
I do this 2/3 times a week lol..... maybe someone else will come in and tell us how to stop it...

The bend in the arms at the top of the pull is the main reason for receiving the weight with arms that are still bent

A bit more focus on driving through the top of the pull with the legs and less so with the (weaker) arms will eliminate this folding with the weight overhead

Also you should generate more (hopefully) barbell float and height by using the hips more so it's win win

Basically put the snatches are a tad "mongy"
I'm snatching again tomorrow so will try to follow the advice from you guys, much appreciated- don't fancy another head drop, still tender from last time....

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSugden Weekly Snatch Thread !
Return to top View Desktop Site