Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosdonnie thompson talking about hes 1273 squat misses

donnie thompson talking about hes 1273 squat misses

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

fatter_tomorrow
thought this may cause some controversy lol.

He's looking increasingly like Humpty Dumpty.
I just do not get this. So much equipment on that he can hardly move, to allow him to squat more weight to nowhere near parallel.

I have no problem with equipment within reason if guys do the lifts properly, but it seems to me the only reason people are 'squatting' these kinds of weights is the gear gives more help and the concept of breaking parallel has been completely lost.
JamieC said:I just do not get this. So much equipment on that he can hardly move, to allow him to squat more weight to nowhere near parallel.

I have no problem with equipment within reason if guys do the lifts properly, but it seems to me the only reason people are 'squatting' these kinds of weights is the gear gives more help and the concept of breaking parallel has been completely lost.

Did you watch the vid? He was that far away. I hate people who think you must squat ATg for it to ge good. That
Isn't the rule.
isnt it a rule that you have to go parallel? i personaly dont think he has any right to go round saying he can squat over 1200 but then who am i? no one really
IrishMarc
Duncan said:
Did you watch the vid? He was that far away. I hate people who think you must squat ATg for it to ge good. That
Isn't the rule.

Where is the logic in this?

Would you except anything less than full range in a bench or deadlift? Why does the squat merit special treatment.
IrishMarc said:
Would you except anything less than full range in a bench or deadlift? Why does the squat merit special treatment.
Huh? The logic is in the rule that you must break parallel in competition and any more than that is not required. How would "ATG" be judged in a comp?

Also, those squats were close to being in IMO. Note that his first squat was close and given red lights.
IrishMarc said:

It doesn't but you need to have a Rule to "standardise" depth. Obviously in the bench you
Can see when it touches your chest but in the squat someone could just say thats as low as they can go, ala Mensy not being able to lock his arms.

The rule is to break parallel, so why squat any deeper than needed.
John_C said:Huh? The logic is in the rule that you must break parallel in competition and any more than that is not required. How would "ATG" be judged in a comp?
Also, those squats were close to being in IMO. Note that his first squat was close and given red lights.

Yes thought so also. I used to think that all multiply squats were high but experimenting with depth shows
How "high" a legit squat can be.
Duncan said:
I hate people who think you must squat ATg for it to ge good. That
Isn't the rule.

Bit harsh!
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Bit harsh!

I am a bas***d
my humble opinion is that he was nowhere near depth on any of those attempts. As always. In my eyes Bolton's got the record.
That was in wasn't it?! Confused
BigKen said:That was in wasn't it?! Confused

Wouldn't say so, but not a MILLION miles away
Duncan said:
Wouldn't say so, but not a MILLION miles away

I was being sarcastic...

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosdonnie thompson talking about hes 1273 squat misses
Return to top View Desktop Site