Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosdeadlifting

deadlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Just signed my life away to the yorkshires comp, the novice u105s.

The dead is 200 on the axle for reps...

Is it worth ditching olympic deads completely for the next 7 months?
Post Edited: 26.10.2010 @ 08:45 AM by GATES
i wont be ditching olympic deads mate, if you can rep 200 on olympic then your gonna be able to rep it on a axle with straps dont be getting too good and beating me though
Big_Gray
straps are allowed so takes the grip element of the axle out of it, so just mix it up mate using oly bars and axles.
smuk said:Just signed my life away to the yorkshires comp, the novice u105s.

The dead is 200 on the axle for reps...

Is it worth ditching olympic deads completely for the next 7 months?

what's an olympic deadlift?
olympic bar am guessing
GATES said:i wont be ditching olympic deads mate, if you can rep 200 on olympic then your gonna be able to rep it on a axle with straps dont be getting too good and beating me though

Ahhh I didnt know straps were allowed, never used them before so best get to the shop.

Will definately switch my deading to the axle I think, A deadlift is a deadlift after all, maybe throw in the olympic bar once or twice a weeek.

Dont worry mate I wont beat anybdoy, looking at that OH medley I will be a definate last haha
Remember to get long enough straps mate, I tried a normal pair on an axle and they were garbage. Get some long one from strengthshop!!
bryce said:Remember to get long enough straps mate, I tried a normal pair on an axle and they were garbage. Get some long one from strengthshop!!

Thats a very good point mate cheers!
bryce said:
Remember to get long enough straps mate

x2

It's also a good move to put some chalk on them.
I am always suprised when you allowed to use straps on an axle deadlift. What's the point in a thick bar movement if your gona wear straps on it?
IainKendrick said:
I am always suprised when you allowed to use straps on an axle deadlift. What's the point in a thick bar movement if your gona wear straps on it?

Looks good for the crowd!

Strapless axle dead lifting is nasty.
Fair enough.
MrSmall
IainKendrick said:I am always suprised when you allowed to use straps on an axle deadlift. What's the point in a thick bar movement if your gona wear straps on it?

It looks more impressive, easier to get big f**koff tyres on etc.
IainKendrick said:I am always suprised when you allowed to use straps on an axle deadlift. What's the point in a thick bar movement if your gona wear straps on it?

plus there is no flex in an axle = slightly harder even with straps
I said:
Strapless axle dead lifting is nasty.

And the main reason for that isn't the grip. Makes me feel like I'm lifting with a twisted back. One hand is 2" further away from the body than the other.
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosdeadlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site