Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld Class Unequipped

World Class Unequipped

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve
With the increased popularity of unequipped lifting what does anybody think the very best in the World will be capable of lifting unequipped?

800kg+ at 83kg?
850kg+ at 93kg?
1000kg+ at SHW?
Joseph_Walton
It all depends on if this is what the IOC are looking for, if it is the one which is most likely to be put into the olympics then the standards will be massive, tony cliffe totalled 800kg with very little training for it, it would be very easy for the big lifters to work on the massive weak points they have from lifting equipped and putting up some huge totals. I saw a video of sergey pevnev doing a tng 250kg raw bench at a 100 so i'm sure a 900 total would go at 105.

As an aside does IOC recognition mean automatic entry to the olympics or do you have to be recognised then they can decide whether or not it should be put in?
Look up Stan Efferding. 2224 unequipped (without knee wraps).
If the IPF Raw worlds attracts the top lifters I think some silly strong totals will go. Have a look at what some of the guys have done at Raw Unity meets. Amazing strength.
Steve said:With the increased popularity of unequipped lifting what does anybody think the very best in the World will be capable of lifting unequipped?

800kg+ at 83kg?
850kg+ at 93kg?
1000kg+ at SHW?

I'd look at the results of the WPC Raw to get some idea.
Joseph_Walton said:As an aside does IOC recognition mean automatic entry to the olympics or do you have to be recognised then they can decide whether or not it should be put in?

No. Far from it. Doubt it will ever be so.
Steve
IainKendrick said:
I'd look at the results of the WPC Raw to get some idea.

Wouldn't you expect testing to make a significant difference?
Steve said:
Wouldn't you expect testing to make a significant difference?

Guess testing would dampen down the results Cool Plus the old mono-lift will def help the squat.

However I didn't suggest the results would be the same rather that it's a world class raw/unequipped event to try an dinfer some numbers from.
Personally, I can't see the monolift making that big a difference to an unequipped squat? Coming from equipped lifting, my unequipped 'big' squats feel like nothing to walk out...

I'd be more concerned with the use of knee wraps in the WPC raw comps...
Steve
Tom, do you fancy unequipped and what do you think you might lift? 850kg+ at 93kg?

Or will you stick to "proper" lifting?
Tom_Martin said:Personally, I can't see the monolift making that big a difference to an unequipped squat? Coming from equipped lifting, my unequipped 'big' squats feel like nothing to walk out...

I'd be more concerned with the use of knee wraps in the WPC raw comps...

2nd point is very true off course. However I have spoken to a few peeps that say a mono-lift helped their raw squat.

I always felt the 'support' of the gear when walking out equipped squats. It did feel heavier but not much hader.. if that makes sense. I think your getting a greater carryover than I ever did which may change things?
Tom_Martin said:I'd be more concerned with the use of knee wraps in the WPC raw comps...

WPC raw doesnt allow knee wraps.

Efferdings Raw total was immense!
i would have liked to have seen his squat locked out, but i suppose i am a bit of a traditionalist
Must say some bloody nice lifting there, pitty theres not more totally raw lifters but id imagine the money these days to be in eq so cant really blame them !

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld Class Unequipped
Return to top View Desktop Site