Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhy is benching considered a crap strength indicator?

Why is benching considered a crap strength indicator?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Yep!! The debate continues!
So, what have we learnt so far?
Some people think bench is ultra gay.
Some people think bench is the bee's knees of upper body training.
Bench CAN aid overhead pressing, although if taken too far can become a hindrance due to decreased flexibility.
Shirted benching IS undoubtedly ULTRA gay.
You might be safer in a rape situation if you're a big bencher.
You'll only get Col_Austin's respect if you're a champion.

Agreed
robocop said:Honestly try doing bench lockouts give you triceps some massive weight to contend with then try some high incline log press let you upperbody handle heavier weights than it's used to
then next time you go to pop a log off your chest and your 3 inch away from a lockout just squeeze your hands and let the triceps do the talking
if your log pressing say 120k max and you work hard on incline log for a while get it up to 150k when you go back for that log overhead all your upper bodymuscles will be used to moving weights far greater
you upper lats will be able to stablise the log better your delta and triceps will be used to bigger levels of workload and you will improve

Cant argue with this Andy, but the Col (belittler) Austin will undoubtably question you and call you weak as the standard is not high enoughWink
OdiousSlob
Post Edited: 16.07.2010 @ 08:14 AM by OdiousSlob
robocop said:Honestly try doing bench lockouts give you triceps some massive weight to contend with then try some high incline log press let you upperbody handle heavier weights than it's used to
then next time you go to pop a log off your chest and your 3 inch away from a lockout just squeeze your hands and let the triceps do the talking
if your log pressing say 120k max and you work hard on incline log for a while get it up to 150k when you go back for that log overhead all your upper bodymuscles will be used to moving weights far greater
you upper lats will be able to stablise the log better your delta and triceps will be used to bigger levels of workload and you will improve

I like the sound of bench lockouts. Never done them. How are these performed.

Also - your writing style. Is this 'in character' (i.e. robotic, new line for each sentence etc). Finally - your profile pic - whilst excellent, it is a bit misleading. When I first joined this site I didn't realise it was you. In the pic it looks like you have small round glasses on & you look a bit a bit like a massive Heinrich Himmler. No disrespect of course. Can I still stay at your house?
OdiousSlob said:
I like the sound of bench lockouts. Never done them. How are these performed.
Also - your writing style. Is this 'in character' (i.e. robotic, new line for each sentence etc). Finally - your profile pic - whilst excellent, it is a bit misleading. When I first joined this site I didn't realise it was you. In the pic it looks like you have small round glasses on & you look a bit a bit like a massive Heinrich Himmler. No disrespect of course. Can I still stay at your house?

if you can get into and Power rack and set the pins so that the bar is say 3 to 4 inches from you chest then press to lock out.

also do you not find that Robocop is more like Penfold from Danger Mouse cartoons
OdiousSlob
Post Edited: 16.07.2010 @ 08:49 AM by OdiousSlob
Thing said:
if you can get into and Power rack and set the pins so that the bar is say 3 to 4 inches from you chest then press to lock out.

No power rack at my gym, just a squat rack. I know what you mean now though.

also do you not find that Robocop is more like Penfold from Danger Mouse cartoons

Spot on!!
OdiousSlob said:
Spot on!!

LOL but its True
like the pikeys would say..............

HOW MUCH DO YOU BENCH ??? LOL

because its the only excercise they know!
Post Edited: 17.07.2010 @ 18:15 PM by General_ill
hixxy1985 said:like the pikeys would say..............

HOW MUCH DO YOU BENCH ??? LOL

because its the only excercise they know!

LOL
I'm gonna continue to Bench anyhow just cos i like it and i'm a bit of a Pikey

By the way Hixxy well done at the Uk's and good luck at the Englands
clown_killer
General_ill said:
LOL
By the way Hixxy well done at the Uk's and good look at the Englands

"good look"? WTF does that mean? He's going to watch it is he? Don't you mean "LUCK"?
clown_killer said:
"good look"? WTF does that mean? He's going to watch it is he? Don't you mean "LUCK"?

It means that he doesn't use impeccable english, along with virtually everyone else on here. Big deal. f**k off.
clown_killer said:

Welcome to Sugden you f**kstain, I however would have picked a better way to introduce myself.

Looks like we have another "Bell End" on board
Tannhauser said:
It means that he doesn't use impeccable english, along with virtually everyone else on here. Big deal. f**k off.

lol succint and to the point ,well said that man!
Tannhauser said:

Looooool cheers Grin
General_ill said:
LOL
By the way Hixxy well done at the Uk's and good luck at the Englands

thankyou - good luck at uks you mean lol cheers
hixxy1985 said:
thankyou - good luck at uks you mean lol cheers

f**k, I really f**ked that up, Make sure you perform on the day better than I post on here Unhappy (shouldnt be to hard)

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhy is benching considered a crap strength indicator?
Return to top View Desktop Site