REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 155 guests

Which Fed is best for a drug free lifter ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

bcrusherIcon...27-03-2016 @ 15:08 
Member 4865, 240 posts
kennybaby said:What's everyone's opinion on which is best fed for a lifetime drug free masters lifter ?

I suppose the options are
1. GBPF
2. BDFPA
3. ABPU (the drug tested arm of the BPU)

On the whole IMO i'd probably say the ABPU sounds as if its most likely to be the closest to drug free, as surely with a non tested arm and a lifetime ban if caught, and 2 year ban in untested side,surely guys not drug free would lift in the BPU arm (untested).

What's everyone's thoughts ?

i'd go with the BDFPA/GBPF but there seems to be more than meets the eye in this thread.

Talking about vested interests, are you from the APBU/BPU, because aside from these claims that the "BPU is the best", what stats/substance is there to back this up?

* Who carries out the ABPU's drug testing? Did they lift in the GBPF and perhaps went on "vacation" or do they have any actual history in a tested fed?
* Where are the results of drug tests carried out and lifters sanctioned?
* Where are the actual drug tests carried out?

Not trying to bash the ABPU but would be interested to hear why it is the "best fed" for a tested lifter (seeing it is the branch of an untested fed). Seems to be a conflict of interest.
kennybabyIcon...27-03-2016 @ 15:52 
Member 2027, 125 posts
SQ 175, BP 120, DL 250
545.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Never lifted in competition in any fed ... was thinking about it before I get too old but still undecided whether I will or not, ive just always trained just never competed. I'm tending towards the ABPU or just lifting drug free in an untested. I lift in a gym where the barbell club is linked to the gbpf and I'm kind of an unofficial member. Im still not convinced that lifting in that fed us for me.
RickIcon...27-03-2016 @ 16:23 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Why wouldn't you go and lift with your training partners? I really don't understand that one.
kennybabyIcon...27-03-2016 @ 16:33 
Member 2027, 125 posts
SQ 175, BP 120, DL 250
545.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Rick said:Why wouldn't you go and lift with your training partners? I really don't understand that one.

They're all in there early 20s most of there meets are inter-university type meets etc ... I've always trained alone although if any of those guys are in we chat and stuff ...
little_aIcon...27-03-2016 @ 16:49 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
kennybaby said: I lift in a gym where the barbell club is linked to the gbpf and I'm kind of an unofficial member. Im still not convinced that lifting in that fed us for me.

Why? They do as much as any fed if not more to try and keep it drug free. They have an established regional through to world infrastructure. Can you just not ask to lift as a guest in one of their comps to see how you feel? As far as powerlifters go they don't smell that bad all things considered. I know a few old farts who lift within the GBPF and they seem to enjoy it as much as anyone else I know who lifts. Why not lift in them all then when you're on your deathbed looking back you can say "I did it all". A couple of points to scratch off your f**ket list.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions