Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 105 - wishful thinking!

WSM 105 - wishful thinking!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JC said:And if Terry/Woods had the UKs in mind as a WSM qualifier all along, then by rights, the winner of that comp should go!

It was never said this year though that i can remember.....
It's just a shame that it wasn't mentioned that it was a qualifier , I can't imagine the promoters would presume everyone would know, had Ben been aware he would surely have competed in , and won the UK's
mr4130
If it hadnt been stated as a qualifier, you cant really rely on "well it was in the past...". Are new competitors each year meant to just know this?

If it wasnt stated it was the qualifier, it would be interesting to see the criteria that the decision was made on. You cant retrospectively choose a comp as a qualifier, it holds no credibility. Especially if you choose a comp where it was the only one where the selected guy didnt get beat by someone who won all the others!
It will be a real shame if you are not at that comp' Ben, unquestionably the best British 105er this year.

I wish United Strongmen would have been able to put on a Worlds this year as that was the point of the clarity in regional/national qualifying for BSM this year... it was great that we got to BSM with no recourse to "wild cards" and with complete transparency along the way but dissapointing that we couldn't follow that up with an international invite for the winner.

However, as Mark Clegg says - don't lose faith just yet as it looks like there will good opportunities next year as the champ' from this year with what Darren is planning and also with United Strongmen comps.

I really hope you get what you deserve this year, but if you don't then certainly next year.
Right first off this is obviously nothing personal. We have always tried to have the uks as a qualifier for wsm. One year it happened the next year the tonnes of emails being sent ruined the chance and the following year the contest didn't take place. It was never announced as I didn't know I could definitely make it happen. Fortunately they agreed to one spot straight away. I have been working on the people I needed to to try and get a second spot which they haven't agreed to. If I could have got a second spot Ben you would have been given that spot despite not doing the uks.

To respond to the people that think Ben being stitched up that isn't the case, as I said we have always tried to get the winner of the uks to wsm and this year we managed to. Ben chose not to do the contest and do the natural Olympic thing instead.

As it stands I can't get the second spot but if they change their minds (I have tried to make them believe me) Ben you'll be going.sorry this is not the outcome you wanted but tried my best.
Thanks for the kind words, its nice to know I have some support.

I feel that whoever made the decision to send the winner of the uks has made a mistake.
1 previous winner has gone on to compete at wsm, that was Paul woods back in 2008 or 2009? The orgainsers have been unable to secure a qualification spot for the last 2 or 3 years.

So when this years uks came around and no-one said anything at all about it being a qualifier, I think it was fair to assume the competition wasn't going to lead anywhere. Based on this I choose not to compete.

I have no problem at all with the uks being a qualifer... if it's advertised as such. So I and everyone else has a fair shot at qualification.
Regardless of 'always try and send the winner of the uks' surlery the best should be sent....
shanejer
Make sense terry but does seem a shame

Next year looks bright for 105 though Ben so just have to win it all again lol
Ben_Something said:Thanks for the kind words, its nice to know I have some support.

I feel that whoever made the decision to send the winner of the uks has made a mistake.
1 previous winner has gone on to compete at wsm, that was Paul woods back in 2008 or 2009? The orgainsers have been unable to secure a qualification spot for the last 2 or 3 years.

So when this years uks came around and no-one said anything at all about it being a qualifier, I think it was fair to assume the competition wasn't going to lead anywhere. Based on this I choose not to compete.

I have no problem at all with the uks being a qualifer... if it's advertised as such. So I and everyone else has a fair shot at qualification.

It's been 2 years, 1 of those everyone sending emails ruined the chances, the other was down to there being no under 105 wsm.
MrSmall
You do wonder how professional these people are if they didn't give a spot because "too many people sent emails"!

Hows the arm Terry?
MrSmall said:You do wonder how professional these people are if they didn't give a spot because "too many people sent emails"!

Hows the arm Terry?

If you got bombarded with emails from loads of different people you may get a bit pissed off too

Arm is f**ked
For me this is whats wrong with strongman, its all bulls**t.

Ben france ect put f**k loads of effort into giving it a real structure this year and it was good, then sean does two comps in his back garden and goes to worlds.... No affence to sean in sure we all woukd do it id we could, but its just stupid
shanejer
George_Winston said:For me this is whats wrong with strongman, its all bulls**t.

Ben france ect put f**k loads of effort into giving it a real structure this year and it was good, then sean does two comps in his back garden and goes to worlds.... No affence to sean in sure we all woukd do it id we could, but its just stupid

what can ya do tho lol
shanejer
btw how did Sean get to UKs? Is there another qualifer other than the, regonal - englands - britains - uk route ??
Lol a federation......... Grin

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 105 - wishful thinking!
Return to top View Desktop Site