REGISTER
 

Stop Reading About It and Do It

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

BobSadlerIconStop Reading About It and Do It25-05-2009 @ 20:04 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Rumours of my retirement from from powerlifting are a little premature although I must admit tonight is the first time I've trained properly since the British Masters.

Decline press

60kgX3
60kgX3
60KgX3
100kgX3
100kgX3
130KgX1

130KgX5
130KgX5
130KgX5
130KgX5
130KgX5

Achy shoulder feels tip top

Barbell lockouts ( about 3" range of motion)

190KgX2
190KgX2
190KgX2
190KgX2
190KgX2
190KgX2
190KgX2

Not at a bad session for an old man. Quick chat to Dax (worlds greatest kit man) and off home to watch the "Gadget Show" with my youngest.
BoarIcon...25-05-2009 @ 20:09 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
great to see you crack open a journal bob !!

thats a large amount of declines !
DaxIcon...25-05-2009 @ 21:03 
Avatar
Member 663, 312 posts
SQ 252.5, BP 185, DL 265
702.5 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
the newport connection is complete! good stuff and ironically the kit man is himself useless it kit. its too tight, im too fat, etc.
FatpeteIcon...25-05-2009 @ 21:06 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Good move Bob, a journal is just what you need. It does help in the gym knowing that you have to come back here and tell us all about it.

I will be watching with both eyes
FatpeteIcon...25-05-2009 @ 21:09 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BobSadler said:
Not at a bad session for an old man.


Bah ! You are as far from fifty as I am past it. You can't play the "old fart" card until masters II
FatpeteIcon...25-05-2009 @ 21:11 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BobSadler said:
Quick chat to Dax (worlds greatest kit man)


What about, anything to do with shagging, eating, horseracing or gambling in general has to be reported in detail. Other nonsense can be dismissed in the vaguest of terms.

You'll get the hang of it soon enough
b15ape1Icon...25-05-2009 @ 22:17 
Avatar
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 2079 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
Good luck with the log bob and can i also say your one of the easiest people to spot on the squat(spotted you at the masters im also on your avi)as you are almost 10ft tall...Grin
BobSadlerIcon...26-05-2009 @ 17:34 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Jon - Thanks for welcome. I had a good laugh at your handy work wih my avatar.

Dax - Your kit can take years to master and who cares your stronger raw than 90% of those lifting in kit anyway.

Pete - As I've said many times now your log should be made compulsory reading. The majority of us would be far,far stronger if we just stuck to the basics like you. Honestly when it comes to training I'd rather take advice from Fat Pete than Louis Simmons any day.

Andy - I hope you recover quickly from your mishap. I suppose you'll just have to focus on the bum sex for a few weeks lol. Does your missus read your log?
CarlIcon...26-05-2009 @ 18:03 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
BobSadler said:


Andy - I hope you recover quickly from your mishap. I suppose you'll just have to focus on the bum sex for a few weeks lol. Does your missus read your log?


she tries but she cant sit down long enough LOL

nice lifting!!
FatpeteIcon...26-05-2009 @ 18:08 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BobSadler said:

Pete - As I've said many times now your log should be made compulsory reading. The majority of us would be far,far stronger if we just stuck to the basics like you. Honestly when it comes to training I'd rather take advice from Fat Pete than Louis Simmons any day.



Chuff me Bob, I'm gonna have that on my headstone, I'm being cremated but I'm going to get a headstone just to put that on it. You're a good man Mr. S
b15ape1Icon...26-05-2009 @ 18:19 
Avatar
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 2079 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
BobSadler said:

Andy - I hope you recover quickly from your mishap. I suppose you'll just have to focus on the bum sex for a few weeks lol. Does your missus read your log?


READ IT Bob she virtually writes it after all shes the pin cussion in this marrige and the recieving is alot more painful than the giving! Grin
JoeBIcon...26-05-2009 @ 21:28 
social skills of a house brick
Member 35, 316 posts
SQ 320, BP 195, DL 280
795.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
BobSadler said:
Rumours of my retirement from from powerlifting are a little premature although I must admit tonight is the first time I've trained properly since the British Masters.

Bob you don't need to training you just have it!! How you doing mate are you popping up to Birmingham for the british in June ?
marcIcon...27-05-2009 @ 12:01 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2536 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Nice to see another masters lifter on boardHappy
BobSadlerIcon...27-05-2009 @ 19:07 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Wednesday 27th May 2009

Joe B see you at the Seniors mate.

Marc - Düsseldorf? Good luck mate.

Ah yes its a training log so lets get down to the nitty-gritty.

Deadlifts (with stop)

60kgX3
60KgX3
60kgX3
120kgX2
180Kgx1

200KgX3
200KgX3
200KgX3
200KgX3
200kgX3

That felt bloody hard.

Decline bench press (with pause on every rep)

60KGx3
60kgX3
60Kgx3
120kgX1

135kgX3
135KgX3
135KgX3
135KgX3
135KgX3
135KgX3

I know its a lot of declines again but I like them a lot (a lot).

T-Bar Row
50kgX5

100kgX5
100kgX5
100KgX5
100kgX5
100kgX5

Blowing out my backside now. Time to get home I think there's a match on the telly.
BobSadlerIcon...29-05-2009 @ 20:52 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Friday 29th May 3.30-5.00pm

Deadlifts (with stop) - Again !

My form has gone all to bo***cks over the past year, however, I think I'm back in the groove and will continue with the lighter weights and gradually build my strength back up to something respectable

60kgX3
60KgX3
60kgX3
120kgX2
180Kgx1

200KgX3
200KgX3
200KgX3
200KgX3
200kgX3

Felt very easy tonight

Rack Squats

120kgX1
180kgX1

300kgX1
300kgx1
300kgX1
300kgX1
300KgX1

Rack squats are for deadlift strength off the floor. Basically its a quarter squat from a standing start. They certainly hit my puny quads and back.

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions