REGISTER
 

Stop Reading About It and Do It

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

BobSadlerIcon...24-06-2009 @ 19:33 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Week 3 - Wednesday 24th June 2009 17.15 - 18.15

Deadlift -
All warm-ups done raw as follows:

60KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
120KgX2
140kgX2
180Kgx1

Work sets with my Inzer lever belt (worn high up as usual) as follows:

220KgX2
220KgX1
220KgX3
220KgX2
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1

Well that was s**t, but I half expected it! I felt tired and lethargic from the off and to be perfectly honest I was psyched out at the prospect of getting anywhere near my scheduled target of 6 sets x 5 reps with 220kg. What a faggot I am!
JoeBIcon...24-06-2009 @ 22:05 
social skills of a house brick
Member 35, 316 posts
SQ 320, BP 195, DL 280
795.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Post Edited: 24.06.2009 @ 22:05 PM by JoeB
Bob, you're over doing it on the deadlifts, this week should have been a drop back week, say 200 for 5 x5 then next week hit your 6 x5 at 220, you can't kill those deads week in and week out, next week do 200 5 x5 then the week after have another go at the 220, see you sunday, mate
BobSadlerIcon...26-06-2009 @ 19:01 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Post Edited: 27.06.2009 @ 05:20 AM by BobSadler
Week 3 - Friday 26 June 16.30 - 17.45

Decided to take Joe Bullocks advice and have light session tonight

Box Squats - (13" block)

20KgX3
20KgX3
20KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
100KgX3
100KgX3
100KgX3
140Kgx3
140Kgx3
160Kgx2
160Kgx2

I like box squats and box squats like my knees and back



Decline press - warm ups to 100kg x2

120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2

That was light, just as I had intended and it made a pleasant change to suit myself rather than stick to a preordained plan.

Finally, good luck to everyone lifting at the GBPF seniors this weekend!
BobSadlerIcon...29-06-2009 @ 20:00 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Post Edited: 29.06.2009 @ 21:03 PM by BobSadler
Week 4 - Monday 29th June 17.00 - 18.30

Heavy(ish) Decline press - warm ups to 130kg x2

130KgX6
130KgX6
130KgX6

I decided to back off a little tonight, it was very, very hot and more to the point looking at this journal I'm in danger of ramping up my training to quickly and hitting the wall without making any progress. That's a definite no-no.

Light box squats - warm up to 140Kg x3

140KgX5
140KgX5
140KgX5

I enjoy the box squats especially when they're this light. My technique was on the money. I hope it's that good when I'm using 240kg lol.
b15ape1Icon...29-06-2009 @ 21:09 
Avatar
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 2079 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
Nice to see you yesterday Bob sorry we didnt speak for longer i was doing more sweating than most lifters running back and to for joe and val.Good luck with comps coming up Bob will see you around Wink
BobSadlerIcon...01-07-2009 @ 18:27 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Week 4 - Wednesday 1st July 2009 17.15 - 18.15

Deadlift -
All warm-ups done raw as follows:

60KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
120KgX2
140kgX2
180Kgx1

Work sets with my Inzer lever belt (worn high up as usual) as follows:

200KgX6
200KgX6

Sort and sweet tonight. To bloody hot! Resisted the temptation to do more to quickly, got to get some momentum going.
BobSadlerIcon...03-07-2009 @ 20:16 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Post Edited: 03.07.2009 @ 20:18 PM by BobSadler
Week 4- Friday 3rd July 16.30 - 17.45

I really need to work on my speed and squat depth:

Box Squats - (13" block) -

20KgX3
20KgX3
20KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
100KgX3
100KgX3
100KgX3
140Kgx3
140Kgx3

160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2
160Kgx2


Ok I went a little nuts on these but l had some work related frustration to get out of my system and some speed to regain. I wore my trusty Inzer belt and really focused on pushing my gut against the belt. It makes a hell of a difference, every thing felt really tight and strong.



Decline press - warm ups as follows:

120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2
120KgX2

The real stuff with Inzer wrist wraps:

140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1
140KgX1


Felt really good tonight and just decided to focus on technique and blast away. All these reps were super fast with plenty of snap. Real text book stuff.
FatpeteIcon...03-07-2009 @ 20:27 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
"text book stuff with plenty of snap"

Excellent news young Bob. You carry on
marcIcon...03-07-2009 @ 23:06 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2536 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
some graft there young Bob. nice work loadHappy
BobSadlerIcon...06-07-2009 @ 19:22 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Week 1 - Monday 6th July 17.00 - 18.30

Heavy Decline press -

1 45% X 10 72.5Kg
2 55% X 8 90Kg
3 65% X 5 105Kg
4 75% X 5 120Kg
5 80% x 5 130Kg
6 80% X 5 130Kg
7 80% X 5 130Kg
8 75% X 5 120Kg
9 65% X 8 105Kg
10 55% X 8 90Kg

That was bloody hard! My front delts & pecs were on fire and I was blowing out of my backside. I'm embarrassed to admit that I needed a good 10 minutes rest before I could continue.

Light box squats as follows:

Set 1 45% X 10 100Kg
Set 2 55% X 6 120Kg
Set 3 65% X 6 145kg
Set 4 65-70% X 6 155kg
Set 5 65-70% X 6 155Kg
Set 6 65-70% X 6 155Kg


Don't mind admitting that was a very tough session! I'm simply not used to higher reps and totally devoid of any cardiovascular conditioning right now. This is something that just has to be put right ASAP.

As you can see I'm trying to keep my training very simple, however, anyone who's been around can see the massive influence of the "Extended Russian Peaking Plan";"The Verkhoshansky Peaking Plan" and "Pavels: 80/20 Powerlifting Routine".

Its not a fetish the Russian programs just seem to make sense to me, only time will tell if I'm on to something but when in doubt (which is most of the time) I always return to the basics.
BobSadlerIcon...08-07-2009 @ 20:22 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Week 1 - Wednesday 8th July 2009 17.15 - 18.30


I was in a foul mood tonight. There are only two of us in the gym and this skinny t**t is using my deadlift bar to curl in the f**king power rack! I quickly concluded that he was fully deserving of the "Sadler Stare" followed by a serious bollocking when I realised he was also standing on a 50kg plate to do his sissy curls!

Time to train and where's my bloody training log? What have I got to lift tonight? s**t I don’t know. Now who's the t**t? It's me for Christ sakes.

I decide to sit down in the dirtiest, filth ridden changing rooms and have a serious ponder. What the f**k is up with you Sadler? You're 47 years age for f**k sake! Are there steroids in that protein shake you had at dinner time? You’re not just a t**t but a bit of a cock as well; are just some of the thoughts that popped into my stressed up brain.

I decided that the best course of action was to eat humble pie and apologies to the curler. Fortunately my apology was graciously accepted and I was free to train if I could only remember my numbers.

It went like this:

Deadlift -
All warm-ups done raw as follows:

60KgX3
60KgX3
60KgX3
120KgX2
140kgX2
180Kgx1

Work sets - off a 2" block and still raw

220KgX2
220KgX2
220KgX2
220KgX2
220KgX2
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1
220KgX1

These weights are flying but I know its not what the program was calling for. Do I really care? No

Lets do some lockouts to finish

300kgx1 - easy
340kgx1 - still easy
380kgx1 - very hard

At this point a little sanity returns and I decided to call it a day. Lets get out of here!
BobSadlerIcon...10-07-2009 @ 20:18 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
No training for me tonight! Guilty of over thinking and disappearing up my own arse again! Time for a couple of pints and a good blow out I think.
FatpeteIcon...10-07-2009 @ 20:45 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BobSadler said:
Now who's the t**t? It's me for Christ sakes.

What the f**k is up with you Sadler? You're 47 years age for f**k sake!

You’re not just a t**t but a bit of a cock as well; are just some of the thoughts that popped into my stressed up brain.


Bob I am sorry to have to tell you this but this perfectly normal behaviour for an old fool. I can speak with some authority here as I am an old fool, and I can say, with hand on heart, "been there and done that"

Microwave your head, give the kids a hug and treat the missus to some no strings attached cunnilingus tonight and all will be gas and gaiters, be reassured by the knowledge that whatever foolishness befalls you, I have done it too, and I probably did it first. Yes it's annoying, very much so, as you sit and think what a t**t you are. It is part of the game, a part we could do without, but a part of it. Relax and do as your Uncle Pete tells you

Wink
BobSadlerIcon...13-07-2009 @ 19:45 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Post Edited: 13.07.2009 @ 22:33 PM by BobSadler
Monday 13th July 5.15 - 6.30pm

Fun week - Just a little of whatever I fancy as per Uncle Pete's instruction.


Decline Press - 4 or 5 warm up sets finishing on 100KgX3

Work sets:

140KgX3
140KgX3
140KgX3
140KgX3
140KgX3

Felt very easy tonight.

Really wanted to do some board pressing next as this appears to be the key to a big shirted press. Unfortunately nobody was about to help so I had to settle for:

Rack lock outs -3" off chest from a dead start:

140KgX3
140KgX5
140KgX5
160KgX2
160KgX1

These felt bloody awkward, I won't be repeating this experiment .

I think that Rack Lockouts should be used to develop the final extension (probably the last 2-3") which means starting at about 10" off the chest for me with a much heavier weight say 200kg

I finished with some rotator cuff work which I pinched off the net:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiX81GenjwI&feature=channel...
BobSadlerIcon...16-07-2009 @ 18:47 
Avatar
not old ..... experienced.
Member 170, 517 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 270
720.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Received an invite to represent Great Britain at the IPF World Masters Powerlifting Championships in the Czeck Republic. It looks like I'm finally making some progress after thirty plus years of training. Its been a very long journey, full of ups and downs but just shows what you can do if you stick at it and out live everyone else lol.

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions