Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
at 15 no why would you need one?

you should be able to get stronger very easily for the forseeable future
AdamTIcon...28-09-2015 @ 12:20 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
If you want a wee buzz, drink a coffee. Don't waste money on expensive s**t.
BoulderShoulderIcon...28-09-2015 @ 17:49 
Member 5879, 74 posts
Alright cheers just wanted to know
FAT_SAMIcon...29-09-2015 @ 18:22 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.09.2015 @ 18:24 PM by FAT_SAM
Energy drink, creatine and beta alanine. Job done!

I used to use pre-workouts when I worked in a supplement shop but only because I got free samples. None were any better than a monster, 5g of creatine and 5g beta alanine
IainKendrickIcon...29-09-2015 @ 20:20 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
FAT_SAM said:Energy drink, creatine and beta alanine. Job done!

I used to use pre-workouts when I worked in a supplement shop but only because I got free samples. None were any better than a monster, 5g of creatine and 5g beta alanine

Just to point out that creatine and BA don't are not pre-wo supps. Taking them prior to training won't effect that training session.

No you don't need pre-wo supps. In generally they are cobblers. If you need a mental kick a bit of caffeine will suffice.
FazcIcon...29-09-2015 @ 20:21 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
IainKendrick said:
Just to point out that creatine and BA don't are not pre-wo supps. Taking them prior to training won't effect that training session.

Depends how they are "delivered" mate Wink
McMuffin_GainsIcon...29-09-2015 @ 20:57 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
I wouldn't use anything at all at your age mate, you should have loads of energy as it is and using stimulants when you are both young and relatively new to the game will likely create some sort of dependency, mess your moods/sleep up and generally cause unnecessary bother.

Myself personally, I use caffeine, pure, raw caffeine powder about 300mg or so into the mouth and under tongue/on gums, looks a bit dodgy but works a treat for those days I'm a bit sluggish and training big lifts such as squats or deads.

Also - I know you haven't asked for other advice but I started lifting at 15 myself although back then I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I thought the secret to getting big and ripped was barbell curls, starving myself and replacing food with magic powders that promised great results.

Now you will, and quite rightly should go on to do whatever the f**k you want, however if I could go back in time and give advice to 15 year old me, I would say the following:

- Squat, Bench, Deadlift and Overhead press are the key to strength and mass and are what you should be doing

- Eat LOTS of real food, don't waste you're time on protein powders and gimmicky supplements.

- DO NOT be tempted to use drugs no matter what the massive guy in the gym tells you (not that I did, just good advice!). You are at the perfect age to make miraculous gains from all that natural test and growth hormone at 15. If you really insist on going down that path at least wait until you haven't as mush to lose.

I would also say..

- Your first girlfriend is a teenage whore who cheats on you, treat her like one - don't be so bloody sensitive.

- When you're second girlfriend gets a nasty coldsore and wants to blow you, politely decline, it does not end well.

Grin
BoulderShoulderIcon...29-09-2015 @ 21:51 
Member 5879, 74 posts
Q
McMuffin_Gains said:I wouldn't use anything at all at your age mate, you should have loads of energy as it is and using stimulants when you are both young and relatively new to the game will likely create some sort of dependency, mess your moods/sleep up and generally cause unnecessary bother.

Myself personally, I use caffeine, pure, raw caffeine powder about 300mg or so into the mouth and under tongue/on gums, looks a bit dodgy but works a treat for those days I'm a bit sluggish and training big lifts such as squats or deads.

Also - I know you haven't asked for other advice but I started lifting at 15 myself although back then I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I thought the secret to getting big and ripped was barbell curls, starving myself and replacing food with magic powders that promised great results.

Now you will, and quite rightly should go on to do whatever the f**k you want, however if I could go back in time and give advice to 15 year old me, I would say the following:

- Squat, Bench, Deadlift and Overhead press are the key to strength and mass and are what you should be doing

- Eat LOTS of real food, don't waste you're time on protein powders and gimmicky supplements.

- DO NOT be tempted to use drugs no matter what the massive guy in the gym tells you (not that I did, just good advice!). You are at the perfect age to make miraculous gains from all that natural test and growth hormone at 15. If you really insist on going down that path at least wait until you haven't as mush to lose.

I would also say..

- Your first girlfriend is a teenage whore who cheats on you, treat her like one - don't be so bloody sensitive.

- When you're second girlfriend gets a nasty coldsore and wants to blow you, politely decline, it does not end well.

Grin

Haha Alright cheers mate
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions