Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

RickIcon...18-07-2012 @ 13:38 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Steve said:
Have you ever actually been beaten by someone who was definitely cheating and failed drugs tests or are you just guessing?

I have. Not sure it gives me any more or less right to comment than anyone else, though, Steve.
Tom_MartinIcon...18-07-2012 @ 15:48 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Rick said:Two years is the ban you'd get if you'd actually cheated. Under those circumstances, eighteen months since you used - and you HAVEN'T cheated - seems perfectly reasonable to me. No ground for complaint IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm a gbpf member but I don't speak for anyone but myself.

an interesting stance....is the 18 months up for negotiation? is it dependant on the drugs active time?
SteveIcon...18-07-2012 @ 15:48 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Fazc said:
I never made that claim and dont intend to. Like I said Steve, it's not something I care about or even think about.
So dont try and box me into that position please. You posed the hypothetical question at me, I'm saying I'm not naive.

Sorry, not trying to box you into any position. I just wondered if a persons view might change depending upon their personal experiences.

Rick said:
I have. Not sure it gives me any more or less right to comment than anyone else, though, Steve.

I don't think it gives anybody any more or less right to comment, but do you think that it perhaps might have changed your opinion in any way?
FazcIcon...18-07-2012 @ 20:14 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Post Edited: 18.07.2012 @ 20:16 PM by Fazc
Steve said:
Sorry, not trying to box you into any position. I just wondered if a persons view might change depending upon their personal experiences.

Sorry I misunderstood.

Perhaps the reason I don't think about it because I'm just not that good yet. Being cheated out of the europeans or a gold medal just isn't in my reach.

Who knows, maybe you're right and circumstances would change my opinion but I can't speak for that yet.
RickIcon...18-07-2012 @ 22:07 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Tom_Martin said:
an interesting stance....is the 18 months up for negotiation? is it dependant on the drugs active time?

It was the time scale the chap asking the question mentioned, that's all. I don't know what, if anything, the actual rule is.

Steve - I don't think it has changed my opinions, no.
Tom_MartinIcon...18-07-2012 @ 22:16 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Rick said:
It was the time scale the chap asking the question mentioned, that's all. I don't know what, if anything, the actual rule is.
Steve - I don't think it has changed my opinions, no.

no no, i was just curious to what time scale would satisfy you. you in particular as you have openly said that you wouldn't have an issue with it after a certain amount of time, and also because you are somewhat gbpf "furniture" for lack of a better word. as is Pete, Joe, Bryn, Jim etc etc...
RickIcon...18-07-2012 @ 23:20 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
I haven't really thought about it, to be honest. I have a feeling the actual rule may be quite a bit longer. Morally speaking, I can't see any conceivable case against a man who's been two years clean.

I don't know when they start testing people during a ban, because it's just not relevant to me (let's face it, with my numbers if I were at risk of a ban I'd be seeing my supplier to ask for my money back), but however long they test for before you come back would seem a "fair" timescale.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions