Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionMy protein erm protein

My protein erm protein

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

IainKendrick said:I do see what you mean. Also in products such as protein bars you carn't be sure unless you do know jargon etc!

yeh protein bars are a whole other story the americans are famious for putting on their bars only 3g of sugar so you think that wow thats pretty good but when you look closer the bar has 3g sugar but 15g of sugar alcohol which in essence is sugar so the average joe thinks he is only consuming 3g of sugar when in fact its 18g!!!!
but f**k it will taste good !!!

i am not on to bash any supplement company but trust me fellow sugdenites not all whey protein concentrate is the same ill leave it at that
That's why tighter regulation is needed.

Or perhaps this new ultra-strength-athlte-hardcore-megatest whey protein WILL acually increase my bench press 400% in 6 weeks!
martin said:That's why tighter regulation is needed.

Or perhaps this new ultra-strength-athlte-hardcore-megatest whey protein WILL acually increase my bench press 400% in 6 weeks!

you should get a job for muscle-tech you nearly had me wanting some there
IainKendrick said:WPC is not that fast absobed anyway when compared to sugars etc. Approx 10g/hr in a fasted state. Its just quick for a protein. Soy protein is near to as fast. Forms of isoloate etc will be evn quicker.

yeah, whey hydroslate and free form/branched chain amino acids are the 'quickest' absorbed proteins although they've been raving in the States for a while now about casein hydroslate (pepto pro) - not sure if that's available in the UK yet.
Beard_Of_Iron said:
yeah, whey hydroslate and free form/branched chain amino acids are the 'quickest' absorbed proteins although they've been raving in the States for a while now about casein hydroslate (pepto pro) - not sure if that's available in the UK yet.

Yeah Myprotein sell it...
Beard_Of_Iron said:

myprotein sell pepto pro I think.
robocop said:
yeh protein bars are a whole other story the americans are famious for putting on their bars only 3g of sugar so you think that wow thats pretty good but when you look closer the bar has 3g sugar but 15g of sugar alcohol which in essence is sugar so the average joe thinks he is only consuming 3g of sugar when in fact its 18g!!!!
but f**k it will taste good !!!

I've seen it as only 3g 'impact carbs' LOL.

they'll say anything to try and disguise the fact you're eating a glorified candy bar!
robocop said:
you should get a job for muscle-tech you nearly had me wanting some there

Lol even with the spelling mistakes it's hard to resist!
Martin & Pete:

ah right, thanks for that. I haven't actually had any protein powder of any kind for about eighteen months now so haven't looked at protein sites in that time.

apparently it's good stuff but the 'latest thing' is ALWAYS good stuff. Happy
Beard_Of_Iron said:Martin & Pete:

ah right, thanks for that. I haven't actually had any protein powder of any kind for about eighteen months now so haven't looked at protein sites in that time.

apparently it's good stuff but the 'latest thing' is ALWAYS good stuff. Happy

I've been using it for about a year or so now. I like it. There is some science behind it too. I tend to use 20g post training.

For guys trying to inrease bodyweight with a tight budget I would probably go for WPI/WPC instead though.
optimum nutrition = best

git
Whole milk with an extra whey scoop PRE-workout. I think that's pretty damn hard to beat.

Pretty sure I've seen that whole milk has better anabolic properties than either whey or casein separately. So going with that, plus a fast-ish whey, preworkout seems like it could be optimal for MPS. I mean, you could take it post-workout, but if you take before, you've already got the aminos circulating, ready for use.
Ordered the whey flavourless one, and I always have milk about three pints a day, but most of my protein comes from meat prob about 150-180g from meat and the rest from milk whey nuts or eggs, but I'm hoping now I can up my protein again as for me the moor weight I hold the moor I need to grow,
SMed said:Whole milk with an extra whey scoop PRE-workout. I think that's pretty damn hard to beat.

Pretty sure I've seen that whole milk has better anabolic properties than either whey or casein separately. So going with that, plus a fast-ish whey, preworkout seems like it could be optimal for MPS. I mean, you could take it post-workout, but if you take before, you've already got the aminos circulating, ready for use.

The balance of research I seems to suggests that PWO is the best time to take on board food to cause the biggest increase in protein balance.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionMy protein erm protein
Return to top View Desktop Site