REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → McLarens Journal

McLarens Journal

123456789101112131415161718

BigKenIcon...14-04-2008 @ 15:43 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
I know hes just messing Grin

I think they were about 56" for the qualifiers and the same for finals as far as I know.
McLarenIcon...14-04-2008 @ 19:44 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Tonight:

Military Press:
bar, 20
40kg, 10
50kg, 8
60kg, 5
70kg, 3
80kg, 1
85kg, 2
85kg, 2
80kg, 3
80kg, 3
60kg, 13

Squat:
40kg, 16
60kg, 10
90kg, 5
130kg, 3
150kg, 3
165kg, 3
165kg, 3
165kg, 3
130kg, 5
60kg, 10

Power Cleans:
50kg, 3
60kg, 3
80kg, 3
90kg, 3
80kg, 3
80kg, 3

Shoulder Press was pretty hard after doing log yesterday - didn't feel strong at the shoulders but lockout was fine.

Squat progress again. Technique started to break down. I think this is from the strongman session yesterday - hopefully I will make lots of progress next week.

Power Cleans were fast enough but grip was very poor because of the farmers pickups yesterday.

Good session - even better excuses! Happy
SparrowIcon...14-04-2008 @ 22:33 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
Wasn't meant as a put down at all Ken, do what you have to do, better than no stones at all!

Use a hook grip for the power cleans and grip will no longer be an issue.
BigKenIcon...14-04-2008 @ 22:36 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
I know mate, I would have liked it to be higher for my medley but half of the pallets next to the gym wear crap ones! Unhappy
McLarenIcon...15-04-2008 @ 08:56 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Millsy,

is a hook grip where your thumb goes under your index and middle finger? I have tried that but it is very painful. Is this something to persevere with?
SparrowIcon...15-04-2008 @ 10:24 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
McLaren said:
Millsy,

is a hook grip where your thumb goes under your index and middle finger? I have tried that but it is very painful. Is this something to persevere with?


Yes and it shouldn't hurt on power cleaning weights. Clean pulls and deadlifts, I agree, it will be very painful, but it shouldn't hurt that badly on power cleans.
IainKendrickIcon...15-04-2008 @ 11:13 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Quality session. Had any gym trouble recently?
McLarenIcon...15-04-2008 @ 11:31 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
No trouble recently. I think there has been a shake up of the coaching staff because of our complaints as the more senior guys are now taking the sessions. The older guys have a lot more common sense and as such are more likely to allow you access when they are not busy.
McLarenIcon...15-04-2008 @ 19:33 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Tonight:

Bench:
60kg, 10
70kg, 10
80kg, 10
100kg, 5
120kg, 3
130kg, 3
135kg, 1
140kg, 2
130kg, 3
130kg, 3
100kg, 10
60kg, 10

Good Mornings:
60kg, 12
90kg, 16
90kg, 16
90kg, 16

WG Chins:
BW + 10kg, 4, 4, 4

Curls: some

Elbows, shoulders & wrists starting to hurt quite alot. Looking forward to a rest this weekend.
McLarenIcon...17-04-2008 @ 19:48 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 17.04.2008 @ 19:50 PM by McLaren
Tonight:

Push Press:
50kg, 3
60kg, 3
70kg, 3
80kg, 3
90kg, 3
100kg, 1
105kg, 1
107.5kg, 1
107.5kg, 2 PB
107.5kg, 2 PB
107.5kg, 1

80kg, 5

Deads:
40kg, 10
60kg, 5
100kg, 5
120kg, 3
150kg, 3
180kg, 3
200kg, 3
200kg, 1 (dont ask...plenty left in the tank but didnt finish)

Lat Raises, some

Arms Superset, some.
RobIcon...17-04-2008 @ 19:54 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice!!
JoniIcon...17-04-2008 @ 22:03 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
building up very nicely mate!
McLarenIcon...18-04-2008 @ 09:44 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Thanks guys.

Hopefully I will make some progress over the weekend by just resting. As above, my wrists, elbows and shoulders are all starting to ache.

107.5kg doesn't actually feel very heavy on push press - I am much more comfortable holding the weight these days.

Deadlift is being trained consistently for the first time in ages. I'm sure I can keep plugging away and get a new PB out of it.
JCIcon...18-04-2008 @ 12:18 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
quality push press mate, good numbers. You competing this year?
McLarenIcon...21-04-2008 @ 20:02 
Yet another dieter
Member 66, 252 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 240
575.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Thanks JC. I'm thinking about competing but I'm really busy for the next few months.

Tonight:
Military Press:
bar, 20
40kg, 10
60kg, 5
70kg, 3
80kg, 4
80kg, 4
80kg, 4
80kg, 4 must be some kind of PB Happy


Squat:
40kg, 16
60kg, 10
90kg, 5
110kg, 5
140kg, 3
160kg, 3
170kg, 3 - most I've done for a loooooong time.
160kg, 4

Power Cleans:
60kg, 3
70kg, 1
80kg, 1
90kg, 1
100kg, 1
105kg, 1
110kg, f close
110kg, f very close
110kg, f very close
110kg, f got it but lost it?????????
110kg, f nowhere near
110kg, 1 PB VERY HAPPY

One of the best training sessions I've had in a while. Very Happy!

123456789101112131415161718

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → McLarens Journal
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions