REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 31 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

How many people can pull 300kg in the UK + another bullshit question.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234567891011121314151617

FlooblerIcon...16-04-2016 @ 17:43 
Avatar
Member 5964, 573 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 265
665.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
LaTuta said:
I think thats because he is too short for that weight.
That changes his leverages.
I haven't seen him do anything that was better than his last year perfomances


I agree. I think if he'd have maintained his weight, worked on fitness and mobility and just focused on maintaining strength he'd have had a very good chance at WSM this year. As it is I can't see it happening.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...17-04-2016 @ 08:13 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2900 posts
On the subject of cleaning 200kg obviously Jorkadzeh CAN clean it (he's done a 215 C&J) but he failed a 202 at the European Champs yesterday...don't know if he failed the clean or made the clean and missed the jerk though as yet.
AdamTIcon...31-08-2018 @ 11:45 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4775 posts
FAT_SAM said:If you look at drug tested vs untested records, you see that there is roughly 10% difference in numbers overall.


bump

Interesting that there is only 10% increase. I believe (not from personal experience yet) that there would be more than a 10% carryover from natural to enhanced for the vast majority (depending on dosages etc). Lets face it, I doubt many are using numerous products (while spending a fortune) to just achieve 10%? Unless they are winning world titles, or making money.

I have must likely opened a can of worms, but these debates usually bring a few replies
Grin
LessThanLukeIcon...31-08-2018 @ 13:20 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6061 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 400
870.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
bump
Interesting that there is only 10% increase. I believe (not from personal experience yet) that there would be more than a 10% carryover from natural to enhanced for the vast majority (depending on dosages etc). Lets face it, I doubt many are using numerous products (while spending a fortune) to just achieve 10%? Unless they are winning world titles, or making money.
I have must likely opened a can of worms, but these debates usually bring a few replies
Grin


10% is a fair amount if you're already strong.
AdamTIcon...31-08-2018 @ 13:44 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4775 posts
LessThanLuke said:
10% is a fair amount if you're already strong.


I agree and maybe some of the very best only get about 10%.

However a great lifter on this site has got around 20%, though some of that could be the extra bodyweight too.

It will differ with everyone, but I think 15-20% would be a good guess for many.

If on insulina, you will gain 50% (MASS TO FACE)!
LessThanLukeIcon...31-08-2018 @ 19:59 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6061 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 400
870.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
I agree and maybe some of the very best only get about 10%.
However a great lifter on this site has got around 20%, though some of that could be the extra bodyweight too.
It will differ with everyone, but I think 15-20% would be a good guess for many.
If on insulina, you will gain 50% (MASS TO FACE)!


Its hard to calculate though as do you work the percentage off what you can lift now off what the most you ever lifted natty was? Most I ever pulled natty was 302 BUT I'd like to think if I'd trained natty the last few years I'd be higher than that.
KevC86Icon...31-08-2018 @ 20:07 
Avatar
Naps, family time and good food.
Member 5141, 2847 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
LessThanLuke said:
Its hard to calculate though as do you work the percentage off what you can lift now off what the most you ever lifted natty was? Most I ever pulled natty was 302 BUT I'd like to think if I'd trained natty the last few years I'd be higher than that.


This is the issue.

My lifts are much more than 10% higher now than when i was natty. But are they 10% higher than they would be if id kept training natty until now? I really don't know.
AdamTIcon...31-08-2018 @ 20:16 
AKA Big Rory
Member 4056, 4775 posts
KevC86 said:
This is the issue.
My lifts are much more than 10% higher now than when i was natty. But are they 10% higher than they would be if id kept training natty until now? I really don't know.


Probably get around 10% top end power from natural limit, but many start earlier than their potential.

You both would probably get close to the level you're at, but It might of been slower.

It's all speculation. A novice lifter would probably add 50% to their total because they haven't the base strong guys have.

I still think 10-20% is a decent guess. If someone can deadlift 400 on gear, then a 320-360 pull would most likely be a great number naturally.
PikefingersIcon...31-08-2018 @ 22:10 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 829 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Back on topic... I reckon there’s probably more like a thousand guys in the UK who can (or could if they ever tried) pull 300. Think of all the strong bbers as well as the powerlifters and strongmen. I trained in a Fitness First for a while (yes, lol) and there was a guy there who wasn’t a competitive strength athlete or a bber with a 225 raw bench, 300 squat and a 300 dead.
matthewvcIcon...01-09-2018 @ 17:44 
Avatar
my squad calls me TechnoJim
Member 5704, 2837 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Pikefingers said:Back on topic... I reckon there’s probably more like a thousand guys in the UK who can (or could if they ever tried) pull 300. Think of all the strong bbers as well as the powerlifters and strongmen. I trained in a Fitness First for a while (yes, lol) and there was a guy there who wasn’t a competitive strength athlete or a bber with a 225 raw bench, 300 squat and a 300 dead.


Difficult number to ever estimate. according to Neilside there’s about 3-400 people achieved it raw but how many of those are still active? from last gpc and bpu British you’re talking dozen or so men doing it.

have never seen anyone training for any sort of physique reasons go near 300 on deads - most are terrified of it making their waist ‘blocky’ and other such vain as f**k nonsense
FazcIcon...01-09-2018 @ 18:02 
Avatar
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 7411 posts
SQ 230, BP 170, DL 260
660.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
There's about 3 at my gym. 2 plers and 1 bber.
unit94Icon...01-09-2018 @ 20:46 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 9328 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 360
860.0 kgs @ 133kgs UnEq
It's a very strong gym but where I train we've had 14 ish regular members pull 300 in the 3 years its been open
edi86Icon...01-09-2018 @ 20:56 
Member 5548, 415 posts
SQ 270, BP 157.5, DL 310
737.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Less than ten powerlifters at my gym and at least 3 x 300+ raw deadlifters generally less than three times bodyweight so from that perspective not impossible for many dedicated to strength
PikefingersIcon...01-09-2018 @ 23:25 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 829 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
To be fair the guy I was thinking of at Fitness First was about 120KG at 5ft9 and a doorman (running a security firm) on roids.
FAT_SAMIcon...02-09-2018 @ 03:51 
Avatar
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6325 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
bump
Interesting that there is only 10% increase. I believe (not from personal experience yet) that there would be more than a 10% carryover from natural to enhanced for the vast majority (depending on dosages etc). Lets face it, I doubt many are using numerous products (while spending a fortune) to just achieve 10%? Unless they are winning world titles, or making money.
I have must likely opened a can of worms, but these debates usually bring a few replies
Grin


Wow strong bump haha

After a few years adapting to trt only I find now that I am about 10% stronger 'On' as opposed to TRT only. This is actually less than 10% on squat and deads but 20% on bench. There are more androgen receptors in the upper body, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

10% is a lot if an athlete is already strong. I can squat around 370 off and 400 on.

Also, in my experience, and I have recently changed my opinion on this, a lifter that used heavily and then come off without TRT will be weaker than they were naturally everything else considered as test production never truly recovers. Trust me I know. If you bench 180 clean, Go on gear bench 240, then come off, you will not bench 180 naturally ever again without trt

If you use heavy amounts then come off no TRT you will always look skinny fat and spend your life swimming in a sea of your own b**ch tits, and never get back your natural shape and always struggle to get lean, if you choose to abuse drugs it means you will need to inject for life or look like a pear with a soft dick buried in an oestrogenic fat mound

This is the sad truth on this issue, a jab is for life not just for Xmas

1234567891011121314151617

© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto