Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitEddies 450kg pull on FB

Eddies 450kg pull on FB

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Robbo91 said:
I've seen a photo of the bar somewhere loaded up with 500kg and lifted in the middle. The makers were demostrating how flexible it is. I'll see if I can find it.

this maybe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBk9SCwyfBh/?taken-by=roguefitness
little_a said:Massive weights all round. Will strongman ever be in the Olympics?

LOAL
Disappointed it's on some stupid bar and not on a regular set up.
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 26.02.2016 @ 16:16 PM by Mikeneto
The rogue bar is not like the bar eddie lifted on. The center of the bar seems to be the same length as a regular bar and just longer at the ends to get thicker plates which causes more flex.

Should be massive deadlifts all round.
Can't wait to see some massive partial. Roll-Eyes

Then all I will hear is 'hey did you see that world record deadlift'
Robbo91
Robbo said:Can't wait to see some massive partial. Roll-Eyes

Then all I will hear is 'hey did you see that world record deadlift'

I don't see how they can design a bar with a new record in mind and expect any legitimacy. Surely records should all need to be done under the same conditions.

Hence strongman is never making it to the Olympics.
Robbo91 said:
I don't see how they can design a bar with a new record in mind and expect any legitimacy. Surely records should all need to be done under the same conditions.
Hence strongman is never making it to the Olympics.

Well I'm not sure whether Arnold's will proclaim it's a WR but it's still all I'll hear from people.

A deadlift wr is a deadlift wr if everyone is pulling on the sake equipment under the same rules, which isn't happening, so then you hear 'a strongman deadlift world record' lol

What the f**k is a strongman deadlift?!?!

The words strongman and Olympics even in the same sentence is laughable tbh.
LaTuta
Who gives a s**t.I want to see huge numbers pulled on that setup.
HeavyFuel
Well, they want it to be suitably different from a powerlifting competition.

Regardless, it may not be a world record "deadlift", but you still have the strongest guys in the world so it will be a world record lift.
Mikeneto
The arnold's has a much better deadlift line-up and no suits.
LaTuta said:Who gives a s**t.

Well me obviously, hench why I postsed.

Confused Roll-Eyes
SteBennett
I agree with robbo, what's the point in a world record when there's nothing really to compare it to.
There's only one real world record and that's the one with a standard set up
Robbo said:Disappointed it's on some stupid bar and not on a regular set up.

Agreed.

I don't know why they need to change the variables. Would prefer a consistent set-up from the floor to better acknowledge progress.

As it's a newish variation of the deadlift for all the athletes it will be very close at the top. Some athletes may choose to remove ego and concede first place on the deadlift to save energy for the next events in order to secure a better overall placing. This would be sensible, although an individual will have their own motivations.
LaTuta
Why? They had the hummer tire for years now.And now they are changing it for a new set up.So every year they can set a new world record at that set up.
They never claimed that it was to powerlifting standards.
I personally loved the hummer tire.But i am very interested in the big numbers of the new set up.
I just thought it was a max deadlift where we could see where the top guys in the world are at.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitEddies 450kg pull on FB
Return to top View Desktop Site