Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitEddies 450kg pull on FB

Eddies 450kg pull on FB

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

LaTuta
Post Edited: 25.02.2016 @ 20:03 PM by LaTuta
Mikeneto said:I think the point was more it is a 14ft bar(probably the one used in the team championships)..they wobble a lot and he pulled 450kg, so in bad conditions.

I think the bar at the arnold's will actually benefit them rather than hinder.

Why? The bar at the Arnold also will be super long and bendy
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 25.02.2016 @ 20:01 PM by Mikeneto
LaTuta said:
Why? The bar at the Arnold also will ne super long and bendy

I don't know..those team deadlift bars seem to be just built so 2 guys can pull it rather than a huge benefit. I think the arnold's will have built this bar to get the record...or it might just look good.

Going off the vids, Ed's traning looks more focussed for WSM..lots of conditioning.
I think many didn't read the description on the video. The point being is that it is a 14foot two man bar which is more difficult to handle than the bar used at the World Deadlift champs last year.

I understand they are pulling with a standard deadlift set-up at the Arnolds?
dannyboy73
Why is there not more talk about Terry's 450?

Last year he looked finnished.

What hes just pulled is amazing
LaTuta
Post Edited: 25.02.2016 @ 20:31 PM by LaTuta
dannyboy73 said:Why is there not more talk about Terry's 450?

Last year he looked finnished.

What hes just pulled is amazing

I cant even imagine how he got this strong again.He is stronger than ever in deadlift.
In that short amount of time
From the front angle it didn't look Terry locked out the 450kg deadlift. I am confident he will get it or a little more at the next deadlift event.
LaTuta
MuscleDemon said:I think many didn't read the description on the video. The point being is that it is a 14foot two man bar which is more difficult to handle than the bar used at the World Deadlift champs last year.

I understand they are pulling with a standard deadlift set-up at the Arnolds?

They are pulling with an extremely long bendy bar with big plates.
That is the reason why he pulls with the 14ft bar.
So it will be comparable
LaTuta said:
They are pulling with an extremely long bendy bar with big plates.
That is the reason why he pulls with the 14ft bar.
So it will be comparable

Thank you for making that clear.
SteBennett
I might be wrong but isn't terrys lift not from the floor? It looks like it's from a couple of inch??

Eds deadlift didn't look overly easy but I'm sure the bar plays a massive part of that. He seems to lift better on standard bars
Pikefingers
Anyone have a link to Terry's 450 deadlift? Couldn't find it on youtube.
HeavyFuel
I'm not convinced that Eddie looks as strong as last year.

I bet that Shaw and Z (if back niggles are gone) will pull right there with Eddie or possibly more. Z's 2014 hummer tire at 525kg while from a higher height looked easier than Ed's 450kg - not the same, of course, but goes to show how high the weight might get pushed.
SteBennett
Probably worth mentioning aswell he doesn't appear to be wearing a deadlift suit or briefs.
LaTuta
SteBennett said:Probably worth mentioning aswell he doesn't appear to be wearing a deadlift suit or briefs.

At the arnolds you have to lift raw
Damn Eddie is looking like Z lol
So many variables here that it is crazy.

450 pull is crazy no matter what the setup, so respect to that.

Obviously on the day, the setup of the kit and how it acts, at this stage is somewhat unknown. Yes a long bar and from the floor at normal ish height, but it's still somewhat of an unknown.

I expect to see several pulls over 450. Z, Shaw and Ed at least.

The posted comes with this comment...

We've seen some amazing lifts at Strength Asylum from Eddie Hall but tonight he's pushed the boundaries once more .
Pulling a staggering 450kg's in training for the Arnold's with the monster 14ft two man dead lift bar ( twice the length of a standard bar and weighing 45kg on its own ) !!
Pulling as smooth as he could to reduce the whip and movement you can still see the bar moving about front to back making Edd fight to stop it pulling him off balance .
Can't wait to see The Beast unleashed !!

So a bit of an explanation there on the lift.

Regardless, it's going to be a big comp and hope to see some huge numbers pulled.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitEddies 450kg pull on FB
Return to top View Desktop Site