Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoes anyone ever consider

Does anyone ever consider

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

adillon10
Weightlifting is the one.
Alex76 said:Looking at your log you've been doing a lot of crossfit WOD type things. Whilst crossfit WODs are a fun test of fitness, I don’t think doing lots of WODs is great way to develop the energy systems involved in being good at them. For similar reasons to the arguments against fighters doing lots of HIIT set out by Joel Jameson here:

http://www.8weeksout.com/2012/02/23/roadwork-2-0-the-comeback/

I’d doubt that much of the top crossfitters’ training actually resembles crossfit (despite what they might say in public).

You’d probably be better just concentrating on what you enjoy, get strong and jacked, keep practicing weightlifting and the other daft stuff required for crossfit competition… like backwards walking handstands while balancing a kettlebell on your toes. Keep your aerobic base up with a few long easy runs, swims or whatever per week and just do the occasional WOD, adding in a few more if you’re building up to a competition.

+1
shanejer
Thanks for that Alex

x
If you are going to compete in something then it may be worth enduring training elements you do not enjoy IF it will make you happy when you win/do well. If you are not going to compete then just do what you enjoy.

Fot what it is worth I would like to see you keep on with the weightlifting, commit to a comp' and if at all possible get some really good coaching. I think you could do really well, and hopefully enjoy the process.
Have never considered not getting stronger its what i love to do
Ben_F said:If you are going to compete in something then it may be worth enduring training elements you do not enjoy IF it will make you happy when you win/do well. If you are not going to compete then just do what you enjoy.

Fot what it is worth I would like to see you keep on with the weightlifting, commit to a comp' and if at all possible get some really good coaching. I think you could do really well, and hopefully enjoy the process.

x2
Ben_F said:If you are going to compete in something then it may be worth enduring training elements you do not enjoy IF it will make you happy when you win/do well. If you are not going to compete then just do what you enjoy.

Yes, we have to endure Sugden and all that comes with it.
Yes

I do strongman as its really fun and bodybuilding training and diet is s**te

However, id rather look like pudz and be weak, than like z and be strong
I've always wanted to be bigger but s**t genetics and borderline alcoholism have held me back. Strongman was more forgiving on that front.

I'll give in and start running at some point. I'll look like a white Mo Farah in no time.
dannyboy73
Got good genetics but at 40 I missed the boadybuilding and strength boat just living a normal life I guess. I lost my fopcus at about 18 when I meet my wife.

I can tell you this, the desire never goes..

The problem is young Shane, your so young that you never got anywhere near your potential and should therefore return to strongman imediately where you will get the satisfaction you need, or it will always be a what if?
dannyboy73 said:
or it will always be a what if?

Not if he kicks Fronings arse!
I never know what I'm doing.

Strongman training is fun but I have to be fat to do well, which I don't really like.
Crossfit training made me look good, but I got really weak which I didn't like
I enjoy weightlifting training, but am not gifted or flexible enough to do really well in it which I don't really like
Rowing is something that I could do well at if I devoted myself to it full time, but it's horrible LOL
dannyboy73 said:Got good genetics but at 40 I missed the boadybuilding and strength boat just living a normal life I guess. I lost my fopcus at about 18 when I meet my wife.

I can tell you this, the desire never goes..

The problem is young Shane, your so young that you never got anywhere near your potential and should therefore return to strongman imediately where you will get the satisfaction you need, or it will always be a what if?

What happens at 40 like? I need to know as it's happening to me this June! Oh and I mostly lost money when I met our lass , not focus! Grin
Sparrow said:I never know what I'm doing.

Strongman training is fun but I have to be fat to do well, which I don't really like.
Crossfit training made me look good, but I got really weak which I didn't like
I enjoy weightlifting training, but am not gifted or flexible enough to do really well in it which I don't really like
Rowing is something that I could do well at if I devoted myself to it full time, but it's horrible LOL

Erm so bodybuilding it is Mr Mills Wink
I think you should do Weightlifting or strongman, or both.

Your ok at both Wink

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoes anyone ever consider
Return to top View Desktop Site