REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → General Bullshit → 1306lb abomination

1306lb abomination

123

SamthepigmanIcon...05-10-2020 @ 17:19 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Strongman and powerlifting have both gone mad in what they except as strength these days
slimsimIcon...05-10-2020 @ 17:23 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6051 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
andy_shaw said:https://www.instagram.com/p/CF6RTY3BmLk/?utm_source=ig_web_button_s...


Amazing. Not 1 person on Instagram questioning the depth. Confused Although, it does seem like a lot of the comments are from friends/fellow lifters (presumably in the same fed).
93hopkinsonrIcon...05-10-2020 @ 17:35 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 5094 posts
SQ 300, BP 202.5, DL 305
807.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
Amazing. Not 1 person on Instagram questioning the depth. Confused Although, it does seem like a lot of the comments are from friends/fellow lifters (presumably in the same fed).


Probably deleted all the comments that questioned it
KevC86Icon...05-10-2020 @ 17:53 
Avatar
Member 5141, 4924 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
93hopkinsonr said:
Probably deleted all the comments that questioned it


Lets test that theory.
93hopkinsonrIcon...05-10-2020 @ 17:58 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 5094 posts
SQ 300, BP 202.5, DL 305
807.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
KevC86 said:
Lets test that theory.


Haha I’ve just see your comment
The_Lone_WolfIcon...05-10-2020 @ 19:01 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 3014 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Shambolic.
slimsimIcon...05-10-2020 @ 19:13 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6051 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
93hopkinsonr said:
Haha I’ve just see your comment


I've not! It appears your first guess was correct as there's no comment by Kev showing.....unfortunately.
slimsimIcon...05-10-2020 @ 19:16 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6051 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
I've tried posting one myself. I might time how long it stays up for......
jtIcon...05-10-2020 @ 19:22 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 8075 posts
Samthepigman said:Strongman and powerlifting have both gone mad in what they except as strength these
days


I accept there will be high squats in geared up multi-ply lifting, with almost no exceptions.





Wink
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...05-10-2020 @ 20:00 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22990 posts
If I was the lifter I wouldn't be happy with that being accepted.

I wonder if a lifter has ever openly disagreed with being given white lights?
jtIcon...05-10-2020 @ 20:02 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 8075 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:If I was the lifter I wouldn't be happy with that being accepted.

I wonder if a lifter has ever openly disagreed with being given white lights?


An interesting question, sadly I have seen the opposite many times.
FatpeteIcon...05-10-2020 @ 21:15 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19416 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I wonder if a lifter has ever openly disagreed with being given white lights?


Speaking as a lifter I can honestly say that every squat I ever did in competition was a mystery to me, and I never had a clue whether it would pass or fail until the refs told me.

Over many years training in a gym where I am watched by reliable men I can trust, I can say the same thing, what I believed to be very deep squats have been greeted by the sucking of teeth and a rocking motion of the hand and squats that I believed to be dubious have been greeted with grins and a big thumbs up.

Although you would think the opposite, I never had a bloody clue about any squat that I performed. Other peoples squats I can tell in a heartbeat, but my own - not once.
FatpeteIcon...05-10-2020 @ 21:23 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19416 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BigMacca said:
He's gladly accepting the lift, just says that he never going to win awards for squat depth...
All we can do is laugh and despair I think, the genie is out of the lamp and I don't think he's getting put back in...


I agree, on your first comment, that, in my opinion, and others are available, makes him a c**t.

On your second, I agree again, they are chasing numbers and that's all that matters, he can say he has squatted 1300 lbs, big whoop. Only problem is that he hasn't. For my opinion on this - please see my previous opinion.

If I was going to embarrass myself in this way I would make sure that there wasn't a video taken. The fact that there is one shows a startling amount of delusion
FatpeteIcon...05-10-2020 @ 21:36 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19416 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Rick said:
I believe the rules all have the same wording.


Which amusingly is "surface of the thigh at the hip joint to go lower than the top of the knee" of words to that effect
Funky_monkeyIcon...06-10-2020 @ 16:12 
Avatar
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Were you there? It was a bad angle. You're not a ref. You couldn't hold that weight on your back. You're jealous.

I can't think of any more excuses.

I saw the title and just KNEW it was going to be an American knee bend.

123

You are here: Home → Forum → General Bullshit → 1306lb abomination
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions