Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style

G.F.H. - Vegan Style

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

Thats a weeks work of lifting for me. Nice though Joni
some excellent volume Joni, very good front squats also

you fully refreshed after your hols?
i am actually totally spent and exhausted after my hols Grin resting here nicely at work now...

hey you really think that is big volume? I thought it was a "nice little session", and i forgot to log 3 sets of sidebends and 2 sets of gunz as well lol

but i am trying to increase my work capacity though, its part of my operation to get fitter and more conditioned.
yeah, Im much the same, often come back from hols more tired than I was before I went!!

how loong do you generally spend in the gym each session Joni?
i like being at the gym so the answer is probably way too long Grin 2+ hrs usually Grin

but quick session today at adlington, had to rush back to manchester for friends leaving do.

first some full squat snatches with a bar, then with 50kg and fell on my arse, wised up and:

power snatch
3x50
3x50
3x50
3x60
1x70
1x70 - best of the day

Alans todays tip: do not squat down to start the pull, just go to the start position and start from there, much less mistakes with the leg drive that way. Fantastic.

deadlift
5x60
5x137.5
3x177.5
1x217
3x177.5

alan had me stand further back in the starting position to get better leg drive and to keep the shoulders over the bar. Worked a treat! Exited about hammering some practise with this.

strict press
5x60
3x70
1x80 - pish
10x60

squat
5x70
3x115
2x160

felt s**te.
Joni said:

alan had me stand further back in the starting position to get better leg drive and to keep the shoulders over the bar. Worked a treat! Exited about hammering some practise with this.

This has been the big change in dl form for me too. I likes it, I does.
Alans todays tip: do not squat down to start the pull, just go to the start position and start from there, much less mistakes with the leg drive that way. Fantastic

No stretch reflex benefit though.
Tony he means not sitting down waiting in the bottom position as opposed to keeping stiff legs then dipping down to it.
yeah because i am so new to cleans and snatches if i try to dive in and get that stretch reflex, or squat down first and wank it up and down, the whole first phase of the pull and the bar path will be really hit & miss from there onwards. So better to go down to the start of the pull position and start driving through legs there.

When i am accustomed to the lifts i can do something more fancy. so maybe in about 7 years time...
Joni said:

When i am accustomed to the lifts i can do something more fancy. so maybe in about 7 years time...

7 years! Man it will take you less than that. A man who can pick atlas stones can possibly snatch, the contrary isnt true.
At least thats what i think.
Wink
You don't want stretch reflex in Olympic lifts. They should be plenty light enough that you have no trouble getting them off the floor - the point of the first pull is just to get you into position to perform the second pull correctly. You don't need to be generating speed off the floor.
tokar said:
You don't want stretch reflex in Olympic lifts. They should be plenty light enough that you have no trouble getting them off the floor - the point of the first pull is just to get you into position to perform the second pull correctly. You don't need to be generating speed off the floor.

alan doesnt play that way. he believes in generating speed right off the deck, so thats what i aim to do Cool
mishima said:
A man who can pick atlas stones can possibly snatch, the contrary isnt true.
At least thats what i think.
Wink

stones are easy compared to this lemon stuff mate Grin
Sugden Center - Crazy session and a lot of banter and way too much work.

Been a while since i have been at Sugden, so it was great to meet all the crazy guys there again. Anthony The Machine had recently benched 160kg touch and go, so as 84kg 22 year old guy thats not too bad! He might do the NW raw bench press in february, fingers crossed he will!

15 minutes skipping

10 minutes cross trainer

plate flips (per hand)
10x10
10x15
5x20

didnt have chalk so the plates started slipping and felt very heavy.

narrow grip bench press
8x60
8x100
8x100

machine row with 15 second hold at top
1xstack
1xstack
1xstack + 15kg plate

PUMP!

one set of woodchoppers "because the cable machine was there"

Ab pulldowns
6x56
6x63
5x70

35 mins - yes, 35 - crosstrainer, low setting, burned 450 calories.
Joni said:
tokar said:

alan doesnt play that way. he believes in generating speed right off the deck, so thats what i aim to do Cool

I thought I was agreeing with Alan as against what Tony suggested - so now I'm not sure I understand what Alan's advice was in the first place. Whatever it was, I'm sure he can't have been advocating using the stretch reflex during the first pull.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style
Return to top View Desktop Site