Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style

G.F.H. - Vegan Style

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

Yeah but who'd buy a human belt? Oh wait, Joni's already got one - it's called a power bellyGrin
hey WTF! I actually saw an ab yesterday mate Grin

****POWERBELLY R.I.P***
Today, the infamous, long awaited Sugden Barbell/Adlington Barbell Club meet!

Crazy day with 300kg squats and deadlifts, mad benching, cleaning, pressing, sound of PBs popping all over the place. Full house with so many people in it gave me a headache Grin

I didnt do well (tons of excuses, but main one is that i am not strong enough), but had great time. The only PB of the day was shouting 11 minutes and 50 seconds to Pete while he was doing 100 reps with 100kg on deadlift.

Deadlifts went up to 220ish which felt really good, the best pull so far with that weight, failed on 237-240ish.

Went on to do power cleans and power jerks just because jeff and hayden were setting to do them. First time doing power jerks, they felt really good, so i think i will leave the split jerks for now and focus solely on power jerks - much more carry over to log press.

Went to 100kg, failed to clean 107.5, just a touch too low of a pull (didnt finish the pull clearly), then did few more singles with 90kg. power jerks = keeper.

Then my normal bench press session as per my current routine:
8x70
5x90
5x110
5x120
10x110
Is that an ab i see?!?!?!?!? GrinGrinGrin

Good stuff today mate.
Was good to finally pull with the Bull.

Get that suit on mate, get it working for you and we'll arrange another session.
What suit do you have Joni?

Power jerks were looking decent from what I saw.
I have a METAL deadlifter mate Grin Waiting for the summers strongman comps... But T, i need to pull raw at the NW open, so i need to keep the focus on that, after April, suit on though!

SUNDAY MORNING WEIGH IN: 112.4 - 0.5kg down from last sunday, on track. Hoping to stop the dieting in two weeks time.
Nice work on the weight loss big man! I hit 106.9kg the other night! Eek

And unlucky on the deadlift attempt. Wink
Good work on the PC's and jerks and we both know there's a big deadlift in there once your left bollock drops.

Have fun in Budapest matey.
bas***ds, bring on the next year, THE YEAR OF THE DEADLIFT!

last proper training session today, will still do some cardio and extremely light weights before new year, but essentially this is it.

Will write a longer self reflecting analysing BS post to reflect on the year and to kick off my new log Grin

Overall, felt weak, but got smoe work in.

ADLINGTON

Power clean & power jerk
3x60
3x60
3x60
3x60
3x70
1x80
1x90
1x90
1x90

some good, some bad. Some progress in pulling up and snappy. Alan also had me moving my feet and bending down a bit in the catch, i guess this is the start of moving towards squat cleans...

Front squats
5x70
3x115

not today

Narrow grip board press
5x70
5x110
5x125
5x135

need to get back into these.

strict barbell press
5x40
5x70
2x80
12x60
10x62.5

was on the way out when Alan pulled me and Mark F back to demonstrate hook grip. Played around with a heavy ass dumbell and it does feel strong, though painful. One of the next years goal is to move to hook grip i think.
Post Edited: 24.12.2007 @ 23:39 PM
hay bud getting advice with Mrk felix is awsome. is the hook grip where you grip your thumb aswell as the bar?
Post Edited: 24.12.2007 @ 22:59 PM
I was going to say you should get some deadlift tips from mark but then I remembered our challenge. so dont. please. Grin
rather get tips from the man Mark is getting tips from - Alan Grin
Thing said:
is the hook grip where you grip your thumb aswell as the bar?

yeah man, the weightlifters grip. I think it would be good for my back as well if i would learn to deadlift with that grip. Less torque in the spine.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsG.F.H. - Vegan Style
Return to top View Desktop Site