REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 210 guests
You are here: HomeForumKevC86 → View All Posts

View All Posts: KevC86

12345678910 ... ... 271272273274275276277278279280281

» truck pulling como (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 15:39 
I'd love a crack at this, never tried a truck pull, and thirsk is just down the road
» Arnold strongman classic predictions (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 14:36 
Savolainen87 said:
After some guys broked the 200 kg barier at the log many people started talking that Z will be beaten soon. Actually Radz and Lalas hit the wall I don't see them improving .But Z is another story . He just never been pushed to the limit .

Got to agree, the idea of a 100% fit Z getting beaten in the log press just isn't something I can wrap my head around. I've had the privilege of being there to see two of his world record log presses and they look entirely comfortable, i'd love to see someone else put up 220+ just to see what Z could really do if he needed to.
» Half- Rep Harry's Grunting like hell (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 14:20 
polkovnikostin said:
I bet the strongest guy in your gym is a bodybuilder though.

Hmm, define strongest?

Certainly there are a few seriously strong benchers (and a depressingly large amount who bench more than me), but not too many who squat over 200kg, and very, very few who do heavy deads. Which seems all together too common in many gyms now, a lot of bbers seem to have convinced themselves that heavy deads are the devil so they rarely make an appearance in a lot of bodybuilders workouts.

As for the idea that bbers have a chemical edge over powerlifting, i'm curious why you'd think that AdamT?
» Half- Rep Harry's Grunting like hell (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 12:05 
milsy said:Tbh these guys most likely look at people strength training and think wtf

Squatting below parcellel and locking hips out every rep how are you going to achieve TUT training like that they will never get Hugh legs

Tucking the elbows on a bench and arching how they going to isolate the chest and why the hell don't they rest pause

Why don't they train to failure

Why do they think their massive walking round at 30% body fat

And so on

I like this, strokes for folks and all that. I'm one of the very few lifters at my gym who train for strength (most are bodybuilders, a few are just looking to be fit and healthy). Does this mean we judge each other, of course not, we mock and banter, but at the end of the day, we all train for different reasons, so maybe there is a reason for them doing those half reps?

As long as they're doing no harm then let them do their thing, who knows, one day you might need one of those guys to pull a failed bench off your chest! (yep, it happened, sooner or later they'll stop reminding me about it)
» Unequipped Bench Question (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 11:39 
aaron_lohan said:
The equipped lifters wear a belt so that they can hold the shirt in place, if they didn't the neck would ride up.

Hmmmm, genuinely never thought of that at all, thanks for the knowledge Happy
» Arnold strongman classic predictions (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 11:37 
I think Ed would struggle, though so will a couple of other guys in that field, I'd say Ed would probably be middle of the pack (which is, of course, still bloody powerful lifting!)

As for my prediction, Shaw for the deadlift (only because Felix isn't doing it this year), Big Z for both presses, the yoke, and the overall. And Thor for the frame carry, he's put some size back on since last year and i'm expecting him to do special things this year and improve on his 2 3rd place finishes at WSM.
» Unequipped Bench Question (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 10:52 
Belt up, it makes quite a difference when you get towards your max, for the same reason as it does squatting or deadlifting, it just helps keep everything tight, especially if you press with a big arch.

As a rough guideline, I put mine on whenever i'm doing sets of 3 or fewer reps.
» Squat rep PB- 200kg x12 (Go to post)11-02-2014 @ 08:28 
never faltered once, final rep as smooth as the first, great squatting.
» 17 year old 175kg atlas stone load (Go to post)11-02-2014 @ 08:25 
Damn!!! Great lifting young man!
» Do you get callussed hands? (Go to post)10-02-2014 @ 16:39 
slimsim said:Mine is completely smooth and feels velvety to the touch, according to my missus.
Oh, my mistake I was thinking phallus, not callous! Unhappy

Very juvenile, but i laughed, a lot, i'm starting to think the missus might be right and we just never grow up Happy

And yes, my palms could easily be used as sand paper, comes with the territory im afraid
» 300kg squat x 8 (Go to post)10-02-2014 @ 16:34 
Man, prior to watching this i was feeling great about my 215 x 6 this morning.

Ah well, great squatting, what was the kit there? just wraps and belt?

12345678910 ... ... 271272273274275276277278279280281

You are here: HomeForumKevC86 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions