REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 155 guests
You are here: HomeForumhammerman → View All Posts

View All Posts: hammerman

» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)14-08-2011 @ 22:03 
Post Edited: 14.08.2011 @ 22:04 PM by hammerman
plonker said:events look good...

other than the possibility of a plate hold.. that sounds rubbish

Plate hold is a bit old school and not so entertaining. Tyre flipping or even DL for reps are much better options.

I am just a little bit excited about this comp
Grin
» Had my head turned Shot Put (Go to post)10-08-2011 @ 20:57 
Hammer Throwing.......now you're talking. Strongman training has helped in some way for me to reach a life time best with my hammer this season.

Looking forward seeing this thread develope
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)07-08-2011 @ 20:13 
PS

I will say that my farmers was a poor show.

But as above conserving energy
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)07-08-2011 @ 20:10 
Post Edited: 07.08.2011 @ 20:15 PM by hammerman
Just to clarify I had loads more in me today (was not gaying out)and was actually conserving energy for my big throwing competition next weekend. Had a few booms myself:

- 250kg high DL (knee lock out - no split or hitch lifting)
- log, single movement will serve me well for 75second/reps.
- improved 5 notch very large van pull to a respectable 45sec. Must point out that my full range pull only moves the van about 7.5inches. Over 20mtr is a lot of pulling!

size=] Boom!
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)07-08-2011 @ 12:42 
Am really looking forward to this!

Will be making changes to my training and diet programme from fat loss to FULL FAT gain. Foooood.
» A Discus Throwers Training! (Go to post)18-07-2011 @ 23:02 
Quality
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)17-07-2011 @ 19:31 
Post Edited: 17.07.2011 @ 19:33 PM by hammerman
plonker said:big canopy crew weekend training..

today

attendees... glen, hammerman (kerr snr), big pete and myself

i did axle f2oh and doh axle while the others did axle deadlift... about 12"

2 x 70
1x90
1x100
1x115
1x125
1x130 pb!

DOH axle deadlift

120x4
150x1
160x1
170x1 pb
175.. fail at knee..

glen..

after a few warmups... smashed 4 @220?

hammerman: got a ballsy 220 for a single..

pete: double @ 220

quick bit of log for me and glen..

2 x 77
5x 99.5 felt really good... split jerks all the way

glen

97 x 5

off to secret training location B

van pull...

wanted to make it a bit tougher than last week... so added some handbrake notches

1st run 20 ish metres
(5 notches)

me 32 seconds
pete 38 seconds
hammer a gruelling 70 seconds.. big respect for finishing.. it looked horribly long and tough

glen... 19 metres.. done over by his older bro

2nd run..

me (6 notches) 38 seconds
pete- 57 seconds (6 notches)
hammer- (5 notches) 57 seconds
glen(5 notches)- 55 seconds was it???

lovely weekends training...

Good session today!
I’ve run some formulas through an excel spread sheet and van pulling is confirmed as a tall mans event!!
Also sent a letter to the patent office to patent the “hammerman deadlift”, which is a deadlift incorporating the split leg double hitch to nearly lock out and almost complete the lift, whilst the fingers continuously extend through the whole lift. Some would say “cheating” but I think that’s a bit harsh.
GREAT doh my friend.
Tongue
» Lawrence Okoye (Go to post)17-07-2011 @ 18:35 
He has now won the European U23 discus title
» a bit of fun at MUSCLE INC in haslemere! (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 17:02 
colossal said:ahh Mr Kerr im assuming? didnt realise there were any throwers that frequent this place!

There are a few throwers lurking, but I think they keep a low profile. Obviously no one with your "international" status though.

That was serious entertainment! Loved it.

Not sure what's exciting me more though? your throwing or circus strength?
» a bit of fun at MUSCLE INC in haslemere! (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 11:56 
Don't let Abdul and Lawrence get wind of your secret training techniques!

Very impressive. Can you do the same with farmers?
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)10-07-2011 @ 22:02 
Post Edited: 10.07.2011 @ 22:02 PM by hammerman
I think I should have been given the 190kg RAW double overhand?

Not sure my farmers was that far?

Good session and liked the van thing. The security guard who came along promised not to tell anyone where we were or what we were doing! ( I think he thought we were dogging)
» Salt Ayre Strongman Classic 2011 (Go to post)10-07-2011 @ 00:22 
My entry was posted yesterday and should arrive V soon
Grin
» Mini Viking (Go to post)05-07-2011 @ 21:01 
Post Edited: 05.07.2011 @ 21:03 PM by hammerman
Great performance! Very very impresssive!

I'm still gobsmacked at the speed of those feet in the medley.

And for the competition being decided on your final stone was a fantastic way to finish.

Darren
» 75kg Strongman Cat : ? (Go to post)05-07-2011 @ 17:58 
Post Edited: 05.07.2011 @ 18:01 PM by hammerman
80kg sounds great!!

Not sure too many of the top 90s could get down below 80 without detrimenting their lean muscular bodies. (sounds a bit gay). Only 10kg is not much when you weight 140kg+ but is 12% (approx) when comparing 90kg to 80kg, one big drop. Roll-Eyes

Weigh in would have to be on the competition day.

Right then I'm off to a secret location in the heart of Sunny Bedfordshire to begin my training programme towards becoming Englands Strongest Man U80kg 2012.

PS Try to keep the date away from the big London EventWink
» 'Strong as an Ant' u80kg Competition (Go to post)03-07-2011 @ 22:52 
Made decision to enter this when I was weighing about 85kg. Thought would be good incentive to lose some more weight as I was 92kg earlier this year!
Weight lose has been a challenge but got there. Went to bed last night 11pm 80.3kg (result) Had disturbed sleep due to competition excitement and late night revellers. Got out of bed 3am (had a very small piss of yellow dust) and had a sneaky weigh in, 80.2kg - WTF! Why is it not less? Went back to sleep and got up again for second sneaky weigh in at 6.30am - 79.7kg – result! Roll round 8am at OSG.

Warmed up under intense heat of early morning sun - Things going good and very excited during pre-comp talk, asking stupid questions to get a little bit involved.

Drew position 7 for first event.

Farmers – 220kg – less than 6 weeks ago I couldn’t lift more than about 160kg without straps but luckily things have improved – very pleased with my performance here, straight up and down and no drops. Confidence high!
Log – my pressing is s**te and knew this would possibly be my weakest event – you can’t understand how pleased I was when we were able to start at 70kg – my best in training is 82kgish but took about 40 attempts. Got 80kg and met pre-comp expectation.

Yoke – in hindsight my performance here could have been much improved had the barrel been involved. Am very comfortable running with barrel in hand – result of misspent youth! Unfortunately I ballsed up second half of event following the turn failing to keep my hands high, which positions shoulders well for yoke to sit on. Dropped yoke panicked and lost time and places. Only consolation here was still beating the boy Larrington even with a disaster of a performance. Eat my dust Damo.

Dead lift medley – Only managed to pull 200kg for first time (205kg x 2 with straps) about 2/3 weeks ago. So leading up to comp was quite concerned I might not make any of the medley lifts (this time last week). My grip has somehow miraculously come on and I managed 200kg from floor (no straps and 240kg from rack with long hold on Monday!!). Confidence great. Completed all the lifts in respectable time, with no straps and even had 2 goes at van and high bar! V pleased!!

Dumbbell for reps – this event has been going well in training and I have worked hard past couple of weeks to use left and right hands. On day failed first attempt on left, but didn’t panic and carried on. Made 8 attempts at lifts which is the most I’ve managed in the time. Only 6 good ones – although pleased with this. (Beat Larrington again!!)

Stones – Have managed to get the 135kg in training – managed 3 in 30 seconds last weekend with 110kg in training – felt really confident about getting single or double with 135kg – did everything I could with that stone ball other than put it over the bar. Completely deflated and could barely lift my head let along the “small” 110kg. Disappointment cuts deep on this one. (PS Glen K – your effin training platform was too kin low mate)

In summary this was a very pleasant day and I hope I put a good performance in on behalf of the old folk. Very pleased with my debut and certainly will be back again after working on today’s slipups.

Most satisfying point of the day was hearing Larrington’s name being called out before mine in the final position reverse order list. Only joking Damo awesome stone from the skinny kid!!!

You are here: HomeForumhammerman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions