12345678910 ... ... 133134135136137138139140141142143

» Leg curl, Hamstring curl, leg press.... (Go to post)12-06-2011 @ 14:02 
Who are you master t ?
Nearly a 1000kg total uneq ?
Wow
» Cake, what's the deal (Go to post)12-06-2011 @ 13:58 
Really ?
Serious question ?
White flour, sugar and fat ... I can think of better foods ... In fact nearly all the other foods
» Music to get fired up!! (Go to post)08-06-2011 @ 10:12 
Post Edited: 08.06.2011 @ 10:13 AM by 1369phil

» Autocorrect errors (Go to post)02-06-2011 @ 22:20 
Oh f**k - this is so good - find of the year.
» How clean is your diet? (Go to post)02-06-2011 @ 20:32 
IainKendrick said:
Yes and it was a bulls**t thread too. Diet is not as important for a PL than BB so neither is cardio. Don't let a retarded thread let youy think otherwise.

Really ?

Not here for an arguement - Stan Efferding does ok doesnt he ?
» How clean is your diet? (Go to post)02-06-2011 @ 17:20 
Post Edited: 02.06.2011 @ 17:21 PM by 1369phil
This is funny - there's a thread over on powerandbulk forum where they're talking about bodybuilders - the summary is that bodybuilders are way more dedicated and considered when dealing with diet ... and not just pre contest.
A few commented that if applied to powerlifting many bodybuilders would make light work of their lifting counterparts - due to the 24/7 dedication to things like cardio and diet
Bodybulding definition of clean and the definition here are very different
My diet sucks too btw
» Is it possible to be any more awesome ? (Go to post)01-06-2011 @ 18:07 
Forget the politics involved - this little Nepalese warrior has balls the size of a small continent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13619825

One of my favourite bits
"at one point his weapon failed and he resorted to using his machine gun tripod to knock one insurgent off the roof of the compound"

Makes you wonder why our society is obsessed with the lives of empty self serving celebs, when we have these people quietly serving .... I bow down in respect to Cpl Dipprasad Pun.
» Nannied' police given bedtime routines and packed lunch advice (Go to post)30-05-2011 @ 10:29 
£200 a month to a pension ... I wish ... Mine is nearly double that .

They say my job is over-run by bureaucracy .... The chief superintendent in charge of pencil sharpeners has recently denied this !

There's a world of difference between the cops who deal with life on the streets every day and the disproportionate number of supposed "support staff" and ancillary posts that seem to take all the money and all the headlines .

There's nothing and nobody on the team I work that would "nanny" anyone ... The gritty reality of murders, stabbings, abuse and mental health problems are what new cops have to learn very quickly ... It's sink or swim here ... I think it's a little softer outside of the urban environment
» Gym wankers. (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 21:57 
All of this makes me feel happy that I'm building a gym/summer house at the end of the garden this year.

Just demolished the tin monstrosity that was there today - insulated wooden thingy to follow.

One of my mates tells a story of the bloke in the cowboy hat at the gym.
» Yeah Buddy (Go to post)22-05-2011 @ 16:51 
Ronnie is awesome - who has put more lean muscle on their body frame than him ?
Super strong on basic exercises and a catchphrase for every occasion.
This guy was winning the Mr Olympia contests working as a cop 8 hours a day when the bulk of these people give up their jobs to be a average amateur.
Of all the people lifting weights - Ronnie is allowed some to make a bit of fuss ... at least he doesn't go with the "I'm so great" comments that seem to go with these people who like to stand around in their pants covered in salad oil.
Eccentric but not an ego maniac ... and strong as.
» Training related phrases you hate... (Go to post)14-05-2011 @ 13:36 
tz1127 said:Bodybuilding training is not really associated with CNS fatigue if it indeed does exist. High frequency, heavy weight, low rep training is though.

No, no, no and er, no.

CNS - the central nervous system .... has nothing ... NOTHING to do with any physical exercise ... it is as the Americans say "bro science"

I'll quote from another site :

"The central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system are quite different systems. The system that is most readily affected by training and forms of physical stress is the somatic branch of the peripheral nervous system.

The PNS connects the "body" to the CNS and is exposed to injury and toxins in ways the CNS isn't. The CNS is hidden away in the brain and spine and protected by the blood-brain barrier."

CNS fatigue is used to describe what people used to call "overtraining" .... add some "medical sounding" words and you sound all scientific .... I blame Louis Simmons for this obsession with making the primal and basic hobby of lifting weights into some sort of scientific experiment.
» A Serbian Film (Go to post)11-05-2011 @ 12:29 
I have my suspicions that the sort of people that like this stuff have never been exposed to the sort of horror that inflicts some people everyday, or have much in the way of life experience outside of a comfortable, conflict free existence.
Having spent a lot of time around real life trauma, the desire to watch it fades dramatically.
Once you have experienced the human side and the fallout from a murder or any number of the subjects some of the "tough guys" on here seem to take glee in watching for some twisted sense of entertainment then you have every right to help promote this amoral flag waving.
This dulling of the senses through "entertainment" is not healthy.
» Weighted planks (Go to post)05-05-2011 @ 17:54 
Slide along the floor (in socks on a smooth floor) - makes them loads harder .... called a bodysaw I think
» bleeding in the eye (Go to post)04-05-2011 @ 13:15 
I've had this a few times - leg presses are the thing that i get them from to most .... Blood vessels go across my face and chest/
Upper back too ..... It goes after a day or two
» Must watch for meatheads! (Go to post)23-04-2011 @ 15:42 
Very very good

12345678910 ... ... 133134135136137138139140141142143

You are here: HomeForum1369phil → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions