REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 342 guests
You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts

View All Posts: nico

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

» Eggy pumps (Go to post)05-12-2012 @ 12:50 
I tried sumo deada a couple of years ago. I felt like I would have been able to pull more like that, but couldn't seem to get it quite right. I was also definitely not flexible enough to make it work. I'll maybe give it another try to see.
» Targets (Go to post)03-12-2012 @ 13:34 
EDCLARKE said:progressing quickly pal I'm still f**king about with 70k.
I may have to start adding some weight or you'll get too far ahead!

Actually, I amazed myself to be honest. The hundred wasn't textbook, but it wasn't an absolute balls to the wal either. I reckon 105 before the end of the year should be there.

Mind you, I deadlifted for the first time for a couple of years the other day and 50kg for 20 felt heavy enoughConfused

Still, slow and steady should do it I reckon.
» Targets (Go to post)01-12-2012 @ 15:21 
100 kilos on the bench this morning for the first time in a whileHappy It certainly wasn't textbook and isn't the 100kg for 14 I did a couple of years ago, but I'll take it.
» Targets (Go to post)25-11-2012 @ 16:56 
EDCLARKE said:great to se the journal back , couple of kilos each week and you'll soon be back benching 130k. I'll be up for some sort of bench challenge in the new year!

Cheers Ed-it is ticking over nicely at the minute-I have a plan
Happy

Today 94 kg for a single
» Targets (Go to post)21-11-2012 @ 16:05 
Bench: 92kg. Nuthin but a.....etc
» Targets (Go to post)21-11-2012 @ 13:12 
A massive 90kg bench the other day. You never know, I might be back in three figures before ChristmasGrin

Training later to try for a bit more.
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)13-11-2012 @ 17:17 
Good stuff Ed-I think I'll try the old six pack thing again next year. I just feel like eating s**t and benching more than a girl guide firstHappy
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)11-11-2012 @ 12:10 
Ed, I'm back on the bench-be afraid, very afraid. Especially since I can see that you have copied me by benching 130. I'm coming for you (rather than over you as would be the case with smalls or boarWink )
» Targets (Go to post)11-11-2012 @ 10:44 
So after not getting anywhere near any targets at all and not actually updating this for a couple of years, here's the latestHappy

I've been struggling with a few injuries over the last few years and still am. The list of stuff I can't do seems to be getting longer by the day and very soon I'll be almost as much of a physical wreck as Ed!

That being said, I'm still trtaining and trying to find stuff I can do if not pain free, at least without crying like a small child for days afterwards. I have decided to start benching again even if it hurts and is probably destined to lead me towards ahorrific shoulder injury because, well, everyone loves to bench don't they?

I worked up today to a massive single at 84kg which felt like 150kgUnhappy I'll update this now and again if I don't fall apart in the meantime. And who knows, a bench pb might happen at some point-after all, I'm only 50kg of it nowGrin

The targets on page one are still on the cards, but some of the exercises just aren't going to happen any time soon (squat for example) so I might modify them a bit.
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)21-06-2012 @ 16:51 
EDCLARKE said:
yes , definitely, 14 stone,If i thought I could get away with it.
Nice to hear from you , How are you finding 3 kids? Any training being done? Bench challenge?

3 kids is hard yards, isn't it? Especially when number three is a right little..... sometimes!

Bench challenge..I'll have to try benching first! I reckon at a push I could do a messy single with about 50 kilos at the minute. shoulders are a bit f**ked, but I'll give it a try. If it isn't too horrible, a bnech off might be doable.

Most of my training is a few push ups here and there at the minute.

Interested in your arthritis diet though-I'm struggling with joints so anything that helps is good news.
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)20-06-2012 @ 13:36 
Right Ed, I've just popped back in to see if you have been behaving. clearly I can't be arsed to read any more than a page or two back (unless you convince me that there are topless shots in earlier pages and they're not of you) so I'll tezll you what i've picked up from skim reading the last ten posts on here:

-You are on an anti-arthritis diet.

-You might bench as much as me at some point in the next decade

-you don't weigh much

-you might possibly be refusing to feed your kids

Is that pretty close to the mark?
» From fat pig to ripped twig (Go to post)17-09-2011 @ 19:48 
EDCLARKE said:
where did you go to did you follow Neil on that fateful bike ride?
the short story is i decided to play 1 last game of rugby in march snapped my Achilles tendon
spent a lot of time not doing much and got very fat.I'm starting to get back into proper training now.
what about you has child no 3 livened things up to the point you no longer have time to train?

Never borrow Neil's bike!

The little one has been keeping me quite busy, but I just got pissed off with everything hurting really. My fragile girl's body just couldn't stand up to lifting anything heavy.

I missed training fairly quickly though, so I've been trying to find stuff that doesn't hurt. Bodyweight training seems to be ok, so I'm working on getting stronger there. I am even skinnier than usual, but that's not really a problem!

At the minute training is geared towards getting stronger at dips and chins and working towards handstand pressups and pistols with a bit of neck and abs thrown in and even a few sprints to keep me a bit healthy.

I started working on fronties again, but my knees are sore for days after and it just isn't worth it.

So I'm old and limited and pretty much can't lift any weight anymore, but at least I've got a few targetsGrin
» From fat pig to ripped twig (Go to post)13-09-2011 @ 10:01 
Hi mate,
I can't be bothered to read through the last 50 pages of your journal, so give me the stupid person's version of 2011! How's things? Looks like despite your advancing years and fragile body, the weights are still going up.
» Targets (Go to post)22-01-2011 @ 22:05 
EDCLARKE said:good to see you back ,we need to have a think about dates for the squat off ,once i've got st Ives out of the way I'll not have any comp untill september so we could have a decent 3 or 4 month build up if you like.

Maybe something towards the summer might be good. to be honest, I'm only doing about half a dozen different lifts total at the minute and back squats are a bit of an afterthought. Fronties might be good though.I'm doing a fair bit of dumbbell benching as well, so that could be good too.
» Quorn (Go to post)22-01-2011 @ 11:00 
I quite like quorn (as a vegetarian)-certainly more than being bummed by EdUnhappy

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions