Who's Online - 0 members and 179 guests
You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts

View All Posts: nico

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

» stop being a whiney bitch (Go to post)02-10-2007 @ 16:46 
squat 125kg

deads 160kg

chins bw

This was a good session but my back now feels terrible; It feels like my shoulder blade is trying to detatch from the rest of my backConfused

I think it was the chins that were irritating it rather than the deads. Just popped a couple of pain killers and we'll see how it is tomorrow.
» stop being a whiney bitch (Go to post)30-09-2007 @ 12:28 
Spent about 10 mins stretching and working on the hip/groin with a tennis ball last night which was painful but hopefully will bear fruit if i keep it up for a few weeks every day.

Today was:
bench 95kg

DE bench 60kg

Short and sweet
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)29-09-2007 @ 16:11 
neil, have a look at this.

http://www.fsfa.fr/

They have some stuff on the calendar but it is all quarter finals, semi-finals etc. I have no idea how to qualify for all this. I'll shoot a few mails off and see if i can find out more.

Also, look at the "minimas" from what i can gather from a couple of forum posts, the level below qulifies you for the level above. So if you hit the regional level it is good enough to compete at the next level. At your weight your totals lok pretty competitive.

Anyway, something to look into.
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)29-09-2007 @ 16:03 
Originally posted by Finch...
It's at times like this that you realise what a big place France actually is!

lol. i know what you mean! and we couldn't really be much further apart. we just need to find a 4th person in Biarritz and we've got the whole country covered!

Neil, I'm thinking exactly like you. I want to do a comp over here but I'm struggling to find one and how to get involved. I've found a forum but there doesn't seem to be much activity, and on the official site I found, there are no comps listed;

I'm going to keep searching and if i find a local level one we could give it a shot.
» stop being a whiney bitch (Go to post)29-09-2007 @ 12:45 
back training today although things are still far from rosy. i haven't had any physio yet, and I definitely need some. nothing that is wrong is going to get better on its own.

I trained in pain, but nothing too bad; My left hip is sore as always and the back is still a problem. I am going to try some daily stretching for the hip which might make a difference, we'll seel.

I think it is going to be a case of balancing traing and discomfort and knowing when to stop without aggtravating problems-never an easy task, but we'll see.

Today was:

squats 120kg

Box squats 80kg

1 leg squats
not many!!!!!

calf jumps
A few

Back tomorrow with some bench stuff which should tell me more about my fragile body!
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)29-09-2007 @ 12:38 
hi finch, yes, force athlétique is powerlifting . Here are a couple of links if you want:

http://www.fsfa.fr/

http://www.csnfa.com/sommaire2.htm

http://www.planetemuscle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3181

and here is a list of clubs in my area, maybe there is a link for clubs nearer to you:
http://www.planetemuscle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3181

a joint session would be great if we could arrange it.
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)29-09-2007 @ 09:01 
where did you order your squat rack from mate, I haven't found that many places over here that do them?
» WOODY ALLEN SYNDROME (Go to post)28-09-2007 @ 18:05 
interesting stuff on the bands Martin. i ahve stored it away for when I'm a little bit stronger.
» North West Benchpress Championships (Go to post)26-09-2007 @ 20:57 
Originally posted by Joni...
Originally posted by nico...
damn, this veggie thing is just killing meGrin

nah mate, you just need to get your hands on some tasty vegan/veggie pies Grin

Joni, if you tell people you don't eat meat here in France they look at you like you like you come from another planet. Welcome to meet country.
Veggie pasties are like golddust. I need to get in the veggie import business!
» Ove Lehto IPF 260x3 Raw Bench (Go to post)26-09-2007 @ 20:34 
I've never really considered not unracking the bar myself to be honest. I usually train alone, but even when I train with some else i never thought about getting them to hand it off.
Now i just tend to set up my racks so that i don't have to reach behind me to unrack.
» North West Benchpress Championships (Go to post)26-09-2007 @ 20:30 
damn, this veggie thing is just killing meGrin
» North West Benchpress Championships (Go to post)26-09-2007 @ 19:59 
A couple of questions:

I am English but i live in France; Would I be allowed to register for BWLA and compete in your competitions? ( I have an english address i can use if necessary)

And is there a minimum standard for this sort of competition? I would love to try a competition next year when I am back in the UK but I'm just starting out and am consequently extremely puny
Grin

and the bonus question for porkpie, how did you get that strong???? those lifts are just huge.
» Getting stronger at same bodyweight (Go to post)25-09-2007 @ 19:01 
i'm looking at the opposite thing to you Rob. I want my bodyweight to go up along with my strength. I have had trouble getting up above 103-4kg in the past.
Actuallly, when I rthink about this, it is more likely that I just haven't adjusted upwards enough my fod intake when I get to this weight, something I'll nail this time; This, allied to overcoming the "belly fear" will allow me to get up to 120 kg and then cut back down to 110kg, unless I bottle it first (morde than likely)

Rob, how did you find the whole consume huge amounts of milk thing?
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)25-09-2007 @ 18:31 
Originally posted by Neil...
About 3 or so years ago moved over for the adventure. Business is internet based so could be anywhere in the world (with a connection) and fancied here the most. No greater or more worthy than that really.

Teacher eh? 18-20hours/week? Not bad going!

18 hours a week is fine, the money that goes with it is not so special. I have been thinking about changing direction for a while now, so we'll see. 5 years of university plus another year doing a CAPES (teaching competition) here, I must be worth more than thatGrin
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)25-09-2007 @ 15:01 
I originally moved over here to play rugby and because my wife is French. Now I have retired from playing (everything hurtGrin ) i work as a teacher. i have lived over here for about 10 years now.

what about you?

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions