Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts

View All Posts: nico

» Targets (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 19:46 
EDCLARKE said:bloody hell my 3 sets of 8 hardly seems like volume at all by comparison!

Doesn't help me lift any heavier though! I'd love to bang out 100kilos for 50 one day though for personal satisfaction.
» Targets (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 21:31 
Sounds like a plan. I've been doing some stupidly high rep sets at the minute for squat. I did 60 kilos for 50 on Saturday and my legs are f**king sore. Next stop is 70 kilos for 50. I'm going to keep doing these and mix it up with some singles and maybe 5s.
Bench depends on the the shoulders same as you. I'll play it by ear.
» From fat pig to ripped twig (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 21:23 
EDCLARKE said:Cheers Will,once Ive lost the weight I'd like to come up to yours for a session.

Nico,do i f**k want to pause the bench touch and go for me!
squat is the real priority though but a bench pb would be good!

Ed, I answered you in my journal, but basically I'm good to go. And touch and go (aka bounce) is definitely the way forward!
» Targets (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 21:21 
Sounds good Ed. Don't know if my bests mean much at the minute. Off the top of my head, I think I've done something like 162-164 squat and 130 bench which isn't far off 300. Unfortunately, if I did this tomorrow, I'd probably do about 135/90 which is a long way offUnhappy

Might be nice to chuck it out to the forum for those who are around 250-300 for squat/bench.

Any plans as to how to attack it? I think I'll just go and squat/bench 3 times a week and see where it takes me.
» Five Bulgarian weightlifters to recieve Azerbaijani passports (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 21:02 
Good to see triple jumper back-I missed him and BradWink
» From fat pig to ripped twig (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 20:44 
Just read your post in my journal mate (shows how often I've been updating!) Squat and bench on the 19th of December sounds good-it will give my training a bit of direction. I've just started benching again, so that should give me a kick up the backside to get moving with it. 80 kilos feels like a ton at the minute!
Do you want to pause the bench? Sounds like you're looking at about a 300 total which is a bit out of my league at the minute. If I could get something like 270 I'd be pretty happy, but maybe if I cut out all the other useless crap I do, I could get a bit closer!
Anyway, it's on!
» Targets (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 20:32 
EDCLARKE said:right you lanky frenchman,we have an appointment at the squat rack.

How does sunday the 19th december grab you as Dday

max squat and max bench. Gives us plenty of time to train and throwing bench in as well will make it more interesting. I shall be gunning for a 400lb squat and a 120k bench ,what say you?

Just read this one. Right you are. I'd be happy with a 160 squat and a 110 bench. However, given I am the king of the bench, I'll get at least 120.5 just to show who is bossWink
» a guide to training in the dark wearing a coat. (Go to post)06-09-2010 @ 20:02 
Good comp Ed, regardless of the Conans. Looks like staying at 90kilos gives you are pretty good balance of strength and conditioning for the strongman stuff. what's the plan now?
» Olympic Dragon 2 Events and Date (Go to post)05-09-2010 @ 20:14 
Well done all-it sounds like a great day and a tight finish between Kenny and boar. Anyone got any news about Ed?
» Goodlift.cz (Go to post)29-08-2010 @ 12:59 
Yes, I've ordered from him a couple of times. Good delivery/prices and the bloke was very helpful re:suit sizings.
» What exercise do you most hate repping on? (Go to post)29-08-2010 @ 07:15 
I've been doing a few high very high rep squat sets recently . Latest was an attempt at 60 kilos for 50 which was interesting. No particular reason for doing this, other than I wanted to see if I could.
» Targets (Go to post)27-08-2010 @ 08:32 
Tannhauser said:
I'd say the mistake came at an earlier stage than that, when you agreed to help them, or even by talking to them. I think there's a moral lesson in the experience for you.
Get well soon, for all that. Happy

How do you manage to refuse to talk to the in laws? You can be proud Cliff, you are definitely wearing the trousers in your house. I wish I wereUnhappy
As far as the rib goes, it is still sore. I deadlifted a solid 170 yesterday regardless, which is not too shabby for me, especially a bit a broken.
» Whats best and worst cars you've owned and why?? Again, I'm nosey... (Go to post)25-08-2010 @ 13:59 
Stetec said:Jusst so's you know Nico, Renault is french Grin

Cheers StetecGrin I meant that when we changed the scenic, she insisted on italian.
» Whats best and worst cars you've owned and why?? Again, I'm nosey... (Go to post)25-08-2010 @ 08:40 
I never used to be big on cars really. I now find driving a very enjoyable experience. I look forward to driving the family back to the uk for example.
I (or I should say we) have only had three cars. We just keep it until change becomes a necessity.
The first was a 1992 clio which was very reliable. When we had kids we changed it for a renault scenic which I liked as well. Currently we have a fiat doblo because the missus insists on buying Italian. It is like driving a van with back seats in-I love itHappy

If I bought a second car, I would be tempted by an Alpha Mito (although I also like the look of Rick's smart roadster).
» Slingshot (Go to post)25-08-2010 @ 08:30 
Tom_Martin said:
I'm that confident that you WILL be COMPLETELY satisfied, that I'm NOT going to offer any kind of return policy, WHATSOEVER!

Tom, you are a born salesman.Happy Now you just need some dodgy smallprint at the bottom and you're setWink Have you thought about a career as a lawyer?

You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site