REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 125 guests

UK Strongest Man Starts tonight at 10pm on Challenge TV

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

terryhollandsIcon...04-12-2012 @ 19:15 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
siovrhyl said:I was very impressed with the shows it was a last minute decision to film the qualifiers and had a low budget but i think it was very entertaining and ive had a lot of positive comments from people who watched it, it shows progression in the sport and we've gotta thank Glenn for it he's put in a lot of work to get it on and I'm hopeful that next year each country will get a full show and give us all some better exposure

Definitely a big step forward for the uk's! It's great as when tv is involved sponsorship is much easier and then prize money can be raised. I think it's great the qualifiers got shown as well
ThingIcon...04-12-2012 @ 20:09 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Really enjoyed the English, welsh, Irish and Scottish quals highlights
BigKenIcon...05-12-2012 @ 06:24 
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
JC said:On the Scottish leg, were the log weights correct?

Ken one motioned 150 with ease...very impressive

I just wanted to have a bit of fun and see where I could go with it.
AdamTIcon...05-12-2012 @ 10:27 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
BigKen said:
I just wanted to have a bit of fun and see where I could go with it.

It was very impressive to watch...made it look like f...k all!
Rob_BushIcon...07-12-2012 @ 08:42 
Member 1323, 449 posts
SQ 270, BP 210, DL 320
800.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
brownbear said:Lol! This gets even crazier!

2 people picked the frame up, winner got 2.9m

Truck pull won with 93cm

WOW

The frame was 350kg and tough for all. Albeit it wasn't at the full 1m width but even at 850 ish it was too heavy for most. We have to remember that this is domestic level and even at the British Giants Live earlier in the year, 350kg didn't leave the ground on occasion but I appreciate that it was a wider pick up. It was set too heavy but that was realised on the day by the promoter.

The fire truck was a terrible event as we all moved it from the starting mark easily enough but it stopped dead and that was nothing to do with our inability to shift it; there was a dip within the first meter and only Terry could get it past that point. It's easy to look at this with hindsight, but the truck should have been moved and each competitor should have been given a second opportunity as it was moving for us all.

The yoke was very heavy but those who made the UK's potentially would have to shift the same weight for the same distance 6 weeks later so it was considered appropriate. On the day a few of us were just unlucky as I had been training with Jamie Redwood and Mark Jeanes prior to the comp and we all made the 15m just fine on more than enough occasions. As I say, on the day it was tougher than expected but comps are just like that unfortunately.
luke00Icon...07-12-2012 @ 13:47 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
OK, I've read and watched and just wanted to add my little piece.

Overall it's a huge step forward for British strongman to get the kind of coverage it is getting at the moment.
However, the show was a little disappointing from the English perspective. I agree with BigT it was very much like a highlights reel. Also, and I am not taking anything away from the Scottish/Irish or Welsh boys, they don't have to qualify for theirs, the English lads do. All the other nations have to do is pay their £ and turn up on the day. The English qualifiers should be at least mentioned if not shown, it was f**king hard work to just get to the Englands.

Just thought I'd have my say, sure that they'll be plenty of backlash about me undermining the other lads, but I'm not, and if you've interpreted it that when then that's down to some issues that you have and not me.
JCIcon...07-12-2012 @ 14:15 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
luke00 said:Also, and I am not taking anything away from the Scottish/Irish or Welsh boys, they don't have to qualify for theirs, the English lads do. All the other nations have to do is pay their £ and turn up on the day.

I was thinking that. Was gutted for all of 5 min that I wasnt Irish...would have got on TV Wink

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions