CrossSh1t are bringing back Oly Lifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SparrowIcon...06-08-2012 @ 09:45 
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
sexymikehowarth said:
f**k the arms bending (I think we've covered this in a separate weightlifting thread involving rezzazadeh and a few top flight Bulgarians) that was worth watching!
I dont know much about how that fits in with the grand scheme of things but as a single crossfit workout that was a mountain worth climbing and even up to the end he used his legs, hips and kept a flat back... Aswell as maintaining the overall explosive movement
Well done that man

He's a weightlifter Mike - as I said to you - I'd love to see how you get on with some of these weightlifting based workouts.
macrothIcon...06-08-2012 @ 10:10 
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3368 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:
No Steve, it is the Paleo diet that is recommended by them now. Not a bad choice I think.
About the bench press comment earlier - you really do have no idea - we've had benching in our workouts at the Crossfit club I train at quite often recently which shows how little you know...

See, this is what's fun about CrossFit. CF certainly does not officially recommend the Paleo diet. In fact, HQ had a huge public falling out with Robb Wolf, Paleo-guru to the CF community, and brought back Barry Sears for some "Journal" videos at the time. Glassman himself has said the Paleo diet is based on pseudoscience. Since then, CF's taken a bit of a hands-off approach, and Journal articles feature Zone, Paleo, or no-name nutritional advice in pretty even proportions. There's even something called Paleo-Zone. Roll-Eyes

Affiliates, however, are largely in the Paelo camp, because it's cooler and weighing your food sucks.

Same thing with the bench press. If you were to follow main page programming, you would bench on average once a month. But you could just as well go two months without benching, then bench twice in 10 days.

On the other hand, since many people have realized that strength is a major component of CF performance and that a structured programme (including the dreaded bench press which is/has been widely derided as not being "functional") is better for building strength than dicking around, a lot of affiliates now regularly programme bench presses.

It's the usual "CF is everything, everything is CF" trick.
SparrowIcon...07-08-2012 @ 23:17 
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
macroth said:
See, this is what's fun about CrossFit. CF certainly does not officially recommend the Paleo diet. In fact, HQ had a huge public falling out with Robb Wolf, Paleo-guru to the CF community, and brought back Barry Sears for some "Journal" videos at the time. Glassman himself has said the Paleo diet is based on pseudoscience. Since then, CF's taken a bit of a hands-off approach, and Journal articles feature Zone, Paleo, or no-name nutritional advice in pretty even proportions. There's even something called Paleo-Zone. Roll-Eyes
Affiliates, however, are largely in the Paelo camp, because it's cooler and weighing your food sucks.
Same thing with the bench press. If you were to follow main page programming, you would bench on average once a month. But you could just as well go two months without benching, then bench twice in 10 days.
On the other hand, since many people have realized that strength is a major component of CF performance and that a structured programme (including the dreaded bench press which is/has been widely derided as not being "functional") is better for building strength than dicking around, a lot of affiliates now regularly programme bench presses.
It's the usual "CF is everything, everything is CF" trick.

TBH it's all pretty new to me. Much of my experience is based off what goes on m=at my own affiliate, and the point of the bench press post was to show that (at least where I train) there is non of the 'elitist snobbery' (or whatever it was called) to be seen. Just a good set of people who are mad keen on all things lifting. As you might have figured out from my posts, it's been a very positive experience so far. So much so that I'm going to enter my first Crossfit competition to represent!
macrothIcon...08-08-2012 @ 08:11 
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3368 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
I could tell you were a new convert. Wink It's great that you've had a good experience at your gym. That's the strength of the CF system: you can have no knowledge of and even actively ignore whatever is going on at CFHQ/crossfit.com and still benefit from solid training (if in fact your gym offers solid training) and a supportive local community.
chaosIcon...08-08-2012 @ 09:19 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
I put a decent picture of some lovely ladies on here pages and pages ago yet you all chose to ignore it and continue discussing crossfit. My conclusion and proof is in this thread is that it is truly gay!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions