lol!!!!!
JabbaIcon...04-06-2012 @ 10:38 
and the winning number is... 88!
Member 647, 2048 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 152.5, DL 242.5
617.5 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
shanejer said:LOL

sure it didn't read woman?

Sure it didn't mean pre-pubescent schoolgirl?

The women on here wouldn't have broken sweat on the events.
slimsimIcon...04-06-2012 @ 10:46 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 04.06.2012 @ 10:51 AM by slimsim
kirkynick said:
What did the organiser say when you did a runner?

I've got no idea, however I can imagine it was along the lines of 'f**king bas***d thinks he's better than us, the big f**king muscly bas***d. Well he can f**k off with his 250kg deadlift. He wasn't strong enough to win our fence post squat. The c**t!!!'

Or words to that effect!!! Grin
MarkIcon...04-06-2012 @ 11:01 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Excellent thread, especially with Chris's story as well Grin
JabbaIcon...04-06-2012 @ 11:07 
and the winning number is... 88!
Member 647, 2048 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 152.5, DL 242.5
617.5 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
I've got no idea, however I can imagine it was along the lines of 'f**king bas***d thinks he's better than us, the shortarsed f**king bas***d. Well he can f**k off with his 250kg deadlift and his offer to bribe me with a blow job. He wasn't tall enough to reach our fence post squat! The c**t!!!'
Or words to that effect!!! Grin

Fixed that for ya.
chrisjenkinsIcon...05-06-2012 @ 17:30 
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
slimsim said:Yes, I know you've all (well, Dave at least) have been wondering if I survived this experience, whether I made the weight, whether I broke myself at the comp or whether I came away with the muller, so I thought I better explain what's happened since I last posted.

Well, I woke up at 5:15am on the Saturday morning and weighted 84.1kg. I jogged to the local ASDA to buy my rehydration drinks, wrapped up in about 6 layers, plus a beanie hat and by the time it got to 9am I decided to pop down to the gym to get weighed in. I knew at this point I'd still be a little over but the guy organising the comp said he'd let me get away with being a 1-2lbs over 13st.

Drove down, still in 6-layers, still with clingfilm wrapped around me, car heater on full blast, sweating my tits off! Got their and spoke to the guy organising it. Asked if I could weigh in to which he replied "well, you're in the 13st class aren't you?" I explained that I might still be a lb or two over, not eaten, not drink blah blah blah. "don't worry mate, you're 13st mate, nudge nudge". Errr, ok!

So went back home to get some food and more importantly fluids in. Decided for my own piece of mind to weigh myself. 83.5kg, so I'd lost 4.5kg in 24hrs and still had an hour before the comp to lose more had I needed to. Got some gatorade and diarolyte down me, conscious not to take in too much too quickly and then made my way down to the ready. I was ready......

So, I got back to the venue and was the first one there. Started to warm up a little with 60kg on the squat. Was feeling ridiculously weak at this point, however, as the fluid was seeping back into my body I started moving a bit better.

Bear in mind the events were down as tyre flipping, barrel loading, car pull, sled drag, bench press (ok, so it was a gym strongman comp) and a "fence post" squat whatever that was........well, I was about to find out!

Still no-one seemed to have turned up so, along with Jabba who came down to cheer me along, I went outside to see loaded onto 2 builders trestles was a concrete fence post with some foam wrapped around it. It weighed 50kg apparently. I'd say closer to 30kg!!! You had to hold it across your body in a zercher fashion before squatting up and down as many times as possible in a minute. The point of reference for depth was that it had to touch the trestles on each rep. It was a whole 8 inches of movement each rep at the most.

I MANAGED 72 REPS IN 60 f**kING SECONDS!!! One guy who was 10st did 77!

At this point I told the organiser that this wasn't quite what I was expecting and f**ked off to the Junction for a training sesh!

Could I have stuck it out in the hope that the other events would be better?

Well, I'd seen the barrels and the heaviest was 57kg loaded to about 48" and the lightest was about 35kg to be loaded to about 36". The tyres looked like they were from a 3.5tonne wagon (no joke) and were 2 tyres tied together by some rope and the sled had 80kg on it. I wasn't confident things were going to improve, in fact they may have gotten worse.

So, what have I learned from this experience?

1) I can't just wrap up to start sweating. I need to move.
2) Once I start sweating it's easy for me to keep sweating with minimal effort
3) From my training at the Junction the weight loss had knocked the s**t out of me (but that could also have been due to 3hrs sleep and being severely disillusioned about my wasted efforts)
4) Next time I read the words "STRONGMAN COMPETITION" I'll ask a few more questions about the weight involved!!!

And there we have it. 24hrs of wasted effort, but at least I know how I fare if trying to cut in the future. I actually see it as a very valuable learning experience, just for the wrong occasion......a very wrong occasion.

Well done on the effort bro, not easy and it takes balls to cut an compete Wink

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions