Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMikhail Koklyaev Returning to Weightlifting

Mikhail Koklyaev Returning to Weightlifting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

LOL
A nice guy an a great strength athlete !
All sounds very serious really, and intially I think he just wants to lift big weights and it is a great inspiration and tale to the sport...

Only time will tell but if he is training the snatch and clean and jerk it makes sense to put it togther in a competition, for the spectators and fans if nothing else

This to me isn't an announcement of his end to strongman and regression to weightlifting, but if it is to happen we will know sooner rather than later imo
Col_Austin said:Not a strange decision. Currently he's a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Good luck to him.

having announced he will do it, I think he probably will though. doesnt strike me as someone who will say they will do something and then not do it...
MarkClegg said:Did i ever tell anyone this piece of knowledge ..

I lifting in the same Olympic Weightlifting Championships as Koklyaev.

Bulgaria 1998 Junior World Championships

Kev Stuart 56kg Class 25th Place.

Mark Clegg 77kg Class 28th Place.

Mikhail Koklyaev 105+ Class 4th Place "Show Off".

Another Northern Sugden show off!!!

He probably trained really hard and lifted big weights in the competition too, this is also frowned upon !
Col_Austin said:Not a strange decision. Currently he's a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Good luck to him.

A very good Jack though!
Col_Austin
mikehowarth said:
A very good Jack though!

Absolutely, but unlike Pudz and Big Z, he's not dominant in anything.
Col_Austin said:
Absolutely, but unlike Pudz and Big Z, he's not dominant in anything.

Wasn't he something like 8 times Russian SHW weightlifting champion? Podium finish in WSM. A tad better than a jack of all trades surely?
MrSmall
Few podiums at Arnold's..
Few podiums at IFSA world champs..

He's awesome really.

Pretty sure this doesn't mean he WON'T do strongman though, any time I've seen him report some of his training online its very olympic lifter style, 5 days a week its 100% olympic lifting, not sure when he does events.
Col_Austin
Post Edited: 23.09.2010 @ 12:00 PM by Col_Austin
Wigan said:
Wasn't he something like 8 times Russian SHW weightlifting champion? Podium finish in WSM. A tad better than a jack of all trades surely?

It wasn't a criticism. His all round potential as a strength athlete is probably better than anyone around right now, but I imagine he'd quite like to start winning World titles. Maybe he thinks he has a chance of doing that in weightlifting.
Col_Austin said:
It wasn't a criticism. His all round potential as a strength athlete is probably better than anyone around right now, but I imagine he'd quite like to start winning World titles. Maybe he thinks he has a chance of doing that in weightlifting.

Agreed, I'm sure he would like nothing more than a world title. I think his heart is still in weightlifting, maybe he will still keep his hand in on the Strongman but I dont see how that would work to be honest. Like you've said, good luck to him.
Wigan said:
Agreed, I'm sure he would like nothing more than a world title. I think his heart is still in weightlifting, maybe he will still keep his hand in on the Strongman but I dont see how that would work to be honest. Like you've said, good luck to him.

I think he has got more than his hand in strongman and is keeping his hand in weightlifting. His WSM placing you can compare to an olympic medal in my opinion and as for a title... He deserves the recognition he has and that is worthy of world champion status but without the silverwear (although his CV reads better than most world champion olympic weightlifters)

However if he wants medals then he will seek trophies but imo it won't increase the respect he has from me as he is a fantastic strength athlete and alround inspiration

Given his training methods he never left weightlifting honestly...And up to now this as not an anouncement of his return to weightlifting at the sacrifice of his other achievements
Time to play it safe I guess. couldn't cut it in WSM. good luck to the lad.
Icepick said:Time to play it safe I guess. couldn't cut it in WSM. good luck to the lad.

what do you mean couldn't cut it in WSM? did he not place third? and has he not had podium finishes this year in the strongman champions league? has he not also had podium finishes at IFSA comps?

i think he has for you to say he couldn't cut it if a little off. it like saying you can cut it at national level powerlifting or regionals if you changed from powerlifting to snooker.

so i think that comment is harsh
Thing said:
what do you mean couldn't cut it in WSM? did he not place third? and has he not had podium finishes this year in the strongman champions league? has he not also had podium finishes at IFSA comps?
i think he has for you to say he couldn't cut it if a little off. it like saying you can cut it at national level powerlifting or regionals if you changed from powerlifting to snooker.
so i think that comment is harsh

Well I know he has a lot of fanboys on the forum, but I can assure you that history won't remember 3rd place.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMikhail Koklyaev Returning to Weightlifting
Return to top View Desktop Site