REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 299 guests

uk strongman-north event 2010

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

colinjIcon...30-08-2010 @ 20:37 
the one with a meathead gym in Burnley
Member 420, 209 posts
Good day today and was pleased with my performance. The resetting of machines was quick and the helpers, scorers as always were very friendly. Some great performances from lots of guys and in general the atmosphere was good.

I do not like to moan, however I am only saying what a lot of people thought..... were the rules the same for everyone?!!
just one example of this was on the STRICT viking press. not going to grumble too much on this until I see the DVD.

Great to see the guys again.
Colin.
Big_GrayIcon...30-08-2010 @ 20:41 
another lover of conans wheel
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
colinj said:Good day today and was pleased with my performance. The resetting of machines was quick and the helpers, scorers as always were very friendly. Some great performances from lots of guys and in general the atmosphere was good.

I do not like to moan, however I am only saying what a lot of people thought..... were the rules the same for everyone?!!
just one example of this was on the STRICT viking press. not going to grumble too much on this until I see the DVD.

Great to see the guys again.
Colin.

have to agree with colin on this i had 4 reps dissallowed which was the difference between 5th n 2nd, but some1 was push pressing nearly every rep n got good lift every time n every 1 commented on it.
BigTIcon...30-08-2010 @ 21:07 
Red Bull is banned in netball
Member 799, 1484 posts
Well done guys; sounds like it was a great day overall. Going to def do this next year.

Colin: Well done mate, you must be well happy overall with this.

Gray: Like you said, you have only been doing it a few months and have already come on along way. This year is about gaining experience, next year will be arse kicking time!

Wayne: Sorry to hear you are not happy with how it went. You are a beast and I know you will be back. We all have the occassional comp that sucks, I know you will be kicking arse again soon.
shawnIcon...30-08-2010 @ 21:38 
aka. the skinny scouser
Member 228, 1443 posts
SQ 140, BP 140, DL 260
540.0 kgs @ 109kgs UnEq
Poped down for last few events, looked a good day, as colin sas, quick resetting and events moved along at a decent pace. Good looking crowd too.

Must be looking so so different these days, seen Millsy and JC and both just walked right past me. Lol, need more bodyweight.

So wanted to join in,
siovrhylIcon...30-08-2010 @ 22:21 
Wales strongest man 2012
Member 548, 1197 posts
SQ 300, BP 195, DL 360
855.0 kgs @ 128kgs Eq
my comp write up
as has been said in previous posts the day ran really smoothly, the crew worked really hard resetting very quickly i was also impressed by the guy on the mic thought he did really well.
as for the events 1st up was the truck pull, got it moving really quickly but i hit the incline an i just lost all power in my legs got about 10.5m and came 8th Unhappy .
next up was the deadlift medley, 250kg axle went up easy 270kg again flew up the first van went up after a bit of a fumble with the straps I ran out of time with the 2nd van by the time i'd put the straps on but i did the 3 in the quickest time so came 5th
next up was the conans, well f**k knows wat happened here i picked it up and it felt light so i went off quite quick with it, then after a few metres i went really dizzy and dropped it I really thought i was gonna pass out!anyway came 2nd last on this event
after the break was the viking press, I wasn't looking forward to this event as pressing has never been a real strong point for me, but it felt really light i banged out 12 reps and stopped for a rest but i stopped in the bottom position and held it too low and couldn't get another rep out, if it was a push press i'd have had no problem and could have carried on and got another 3+ reps.
next event was probably the most brutal event i've seen at a strongman comp the car walk 390kg i think the first 5 competitors hadn't even been able to clear the start line. I was 9th out and the distance to beat was 9m, well i picked it up and thought i may as well give up now, it was so awkward. Well anyway i carried on an managed to get about 5m before i realised the back of the car was dragging on the ground which was making it harder i adjusted my straps and it went ok i got the next 5m done but i was done in. I got a distance of just over 10m it was enough to take the lead but it was short lived the next competitor went 14m then colin mark and ed finished the course so 5th place
last event was the stones my favourite event an one i was banking on for some good points i flew round the course in a good time but stopped to re tacky before the last stone, looking back now i don't think i needed to an lost myself valuable seconds came 4th in this event which gave me 6th overall.
I was pretty pleased with my placing as there was a strong field there today but i learned some valuable lessons which i'll try to change for the future, I
would like to say well done to all the guys who competed today some really gutsy performances
markpIcon...30-08-2010 @ 22:46 
UKStrongmanNorth organiser
Member 341, 114 posts
just got back in after having some thing to eat can i just say a big thamk to all of the people that have competed over the last to days i wil try and get all the times and placings sorted and posted over the next few days
kingham22Icon...31-08-2010 @ 08:37 
my face was on fire
Member 494, 2394 posts
SQ 250, BP 150, DL 320
720.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
my write up from my journal good day cracking bunch of competitors and organisers/spotters/setters/ scorers

Event 1 12.5 tonne truck pull (up an incline)

went out 10th noticed some strong lads struggled alot with this. chose to just keep low and pump away with legs. got to 20cm from finish and the truck stopped due to the incline. battled on but really it was a battle to not let the truck role back. 19.80meters (mark felix only managed 19.90 so very happy with my performance on this) JOINT 2ND PLACE

Event 2 deadlift medley

first three weights were easy the thin handles on the first car felt like they where going to brake my fingers or rip a callous so f**ked about with straps. 2nd car i got myself in to a s**t postion and carried on trying to pull what a knob, took a few seconds put feet forward and nailed it. 4TH PLACE

Event 3 300kg conans wheel

flew round twice hit a bump or something and the bar moved forward a little, so it put loads of strain on my biceps took it another half then put it down. it felt very light up till the bump 3RD PLACE

at this point i was buzzing as i was in 3rd place then:

Event 4 viking press big 200kg log

we were informed a couple of minutes before we went out that this would be a strict press event. this f**ked me over a little but hey ho same for everyone or was it . being long armed and a weak presser i rely heavily on leg drive for overhead. so i only managed 8 reps 7TH PLACE I THINK

EVENT 5 CAR WALK 390KG
think i did 7 meters did alot of wobbling around probably walked 2meters backwards as well. it was the pickups that f**ked me on this
tbh after the vikingpress i couldnt be bothered to check my placing as i knew i had lost afew places, and was a bit disheartened

Event 6 stones
i had a knightmare tacking up it just would not stick tomy arms or hands i have never had that before and was begining to stress right out.
nailed first 4 fast then tried to retacky my arms but just couldnt lap the last stone

came 5TH overall
colinjIcon...31-08-2010 @ 13:15 
Member 420, 209 posts
BigT said:Well done guys; sounds like it was a great day overall. Going to def do this next year.

Colin: Well done mate, you must be well happy overall with this.

yes was very pleased with my performance. And I was actually lighter than I was at the NEC or the qualifiers! ...being referred to as the small guy does nothing for my ego though! Happy
Big_GrayIcon...31-08-2010 @ 17:41 
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
colinj said:
yes was very pleased with my performance. And I was actually lighter than I was at the NEC or the qualifiers! ...being referred to as the small guy does nothing for my ego though! Happy

i heard the guy say that a couple of times bout u n thought bet col appreciates that not, lol. u did the business tho mate n its called strongman not big man.

tho i didnt mind all the people asking me for photos with my top off after the show Grin
Martin1956Icon...31-08-2010 @ 19:16 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7745 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
colinj said:

Sorry about that Colin - it was meant as a compliment, doing better than guys several stones heavier, but I'll remember that for next time. For what it's worth, I felt like a midget amongst you guys.
colinjIcon...31-08-2010 @ 21:12 
Member 420, 209 posts
Martin1956 said:
Sorry about that Colin - it was meant as a compliment, doing better than guys several stones heavier, but I'll remember that for next time. For what it's worth, I felt like a midget amongst you guys.

HA dont be silly, It is a compliment and to be fair it is true! (i dont mean true about being stronger) I mean true that i am smaller!! As long as I finish on the podium you can call me what you like! Grin
rudiganIcon...31-08-2010 @ 21:26 
Member 1625, 26 posts
terryhollands said:Congrats to one of my training partners Will Egan for winning the novice!

the winner of the novice looked like a big fat salami sausage
Big_GrayIcon...31-08-2010 @ 21:33 
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
rudigan said:
the winner of the novice looked like a big fat salami sausage

brilliant comment that, not. i watched the novice n some decent lads in it n respectable weights. physique means f**k all in strongman
rudiganIcon...31-08-2010 @ 21:37 
Member 1625, 26 posts
dont get me wrong gray he was good but looked like a sausage.
JamesHIcon...31-08-2010 @ 22:52 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
rudigan said:dont get me wrong gray he was good but looked like a sausage.

I don't think anyone is getting you wrong.

Anything else you need to share with us about this competition?

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions