Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBeer kegs

Beer kegs

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I f**king hate beer kegs.
i raped it with a grinder in the end cut a flap in it and mig welded it shut again Happy easy in the end Tongue

also cuddles i hate beer kegs! big awkward f**ks
ok , im resurrecting this coz i need to open a keg ...

this keg seems to have had Peroni in it .... thats a wa**ers drink by all accounts ... anyhoo ...

borrowed it off cleggy , very kind .... already de-pressurised , unscrewd the bit you can see but its being held back by the rod inside ...what next ?

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/uploads/misc/73661274196351.jpg
You should be able to knock the valve thing inside Boar. That's what my bro did to mine after I spent ages trying to pull it out. Mines a 46litre keg and weighs about 12kg empty, so full of water it would only weigh 58kg I think. I'm gonna put 3 bags of sand in hopefully (via a homemade funnel) and it should weigh 80 odd.
Cuddles said:I f**king hate beer kegs.

Me too , I prefer cans.
Post Edited: 18.05.2010 @ 17:07 PM by Boar
mmm , i was hoping not to use violence against it as its not mine ...but i may have to ..i have an angle grinder ... i could cut a small square out and then seal it back up
Boar did my link not help you?
no mate ...its for another type of keg hole !!
is there a spring with a ball bearing holding it back?
if it is a spring its a f**king strong one... its more of a plate than a ball
ive had a closer look aand i can poke the plate back in about a half inch ...
after watching endless youtube videos and reading online instructions i used brute force,

just pulled the rubber valve out, sat a chisel on top of the valve and milled it with the sledge hammer, 2 go's and in all the bits went, rinsed it out and filled it, valve and pipe still inside

got a few kegs and now i'm making a stone loading platform with 2 of them
found a keg in the middle of the pavement on the way to work this morning, what would be a good starting weight for a bit of loading and general running round?

Also think its still quite full what would be the best way of depressurising it with normal tools.
I think you need to push the valve on the top down first to get pressure out.
Boar said:ive had a closer look aand i can poke the plate back in about a half inch ...

f**kin Hell Boar ! Its NOT a Clitoris JUST SMASH THAT MUTHER f**kER OFF !

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBeer kegs
Return to top View Desktop Site