MrSmall said:
Do many Sugden guys go there?

Just me!!
Beard_Of_IronIcon...15-01-2010 @ 17:53 
Head of Department, Ministry of Beards
Member 580, 2634 posts
SQ 210, BP 115, DL 266
591.0 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
I'd be up for coming to Hercules if there will be Sugdenites present! I live in Rayleigh, about an hour away.
adamkeepIcon...15-01-2010 @ 20:54 
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Hey Adam, come to Hercules Gym in Colchester.

Where is that at? I will totally come out!
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:23 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22057 posts
I've just read your PM, Adam.

The address of the gym is - Colne Bank Avenue, Colchester, CO1 1UU. Parking can be a problem. Just about the ONLY legitimate place to park is in a lay-by just up the road from the gym, and it's sometimes full!

There are only a very small number of us that are into strongman. I usually train Monday mornings and either Thursday or Friday morning, although work often gets in the way. We have some strongman kit.

Come and show me how weak I am!! I'm a mediocre u105 competitor. I've seen your journal, and you're in a different league!
adamkeepIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:29 
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've just read your PM, Adam.

The address of the gym is - Colne Bank Avenue, Colchester, CO1 1UU. Parking can be a problem. Just about the ONLY legitimate place to park is in a lay-by just up the road from the gym, and it's sometimes full!

There are only a very small number of us that are into strongman. I usually train Monday mornings and either Thursday or Friday morning, although work often gets in the way. We have some strongman kit.

Come and show me how weak I am!! I'm a mediocre u105 competitor. I've seen your journal, and you're in a different league!

Haha! Thanks man. I will try and make it out there one of these dayse. It will be tough though due to work. Weekends are best for me.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:34 
Member 400, 22057 posts
adamkeep said:
Weekends are best for me.

Weekends are very awkward for me at the moment, although some lads do SOMETIMES have events sessions on Saturdays.
Beard_Of_IronIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:45 
Head of Department, Ministry of Beards
Member 580, 2634 posts
SQ 210, BP 115, DL 266
591.0 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
hey Wayne, got your PM. I'll definitely be coming along sometime soon! My hamstring is bothering me at the moment but when that's up to speed I can aim to get up there at least once a week.

Be great to train with strong guys, training alone sucks!!
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:52 
Member 400, 22057 posts
Beard_Of_Iron said:
I'll definitely be coming along sometime soon!

That'll be good.

How bizarre that we're discussing this in a thread about a 53 stone man Grin
NamonsterIcon...15-01-2010 @ 21:53 
always trolling for a reaction
Member 753, 1280 posts
In the end of the day the guy's a fat c**t. Although he got himself there it must be pretty f**ked living life like that so let's not get annoyed at him but do continue to poke fun at him.
goodwinmIcon...16-01-2010 @ 07:22 
a PB is a PB !
Member 539, 1086 posts
Namonster said:Although he got himself there it must be pretty f**ked living life like that so let's not get annoyed at him but do continue to poke fun at him.

Can we not be/do both? Grin
NamonsterIcon...16-01-2010 @ 10:39 
always trolling for a reaction
Member 753, 1280 posts
goodwinm said:
Can we not be/do both? Grin

Hmmmm it's like watching Big Brother (although I must stress that I don't; it's gay). You can gladly watch a bunch of losers and knobs in a house and laugh at how sad they are but when you get annoyed at them for being losers and knobs then you've stooped. Similar to watching Eastenders etc.
little_aIcon...18-01-2010 @ 14:40 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Weight Watchers clinic floor collapses under dieters
The floor of a Weight Watchers clinic in Sweden collapsed beneath a group of 20 members of the weight loss programme who were gathered for a meeting.

Published: 7:35PM GMT 14 Jan 2010

Photo: CORBIS As the dieters queued to see how many pounds they had shed, the floor beneath them in the clinic in Växjö, in south-central Sweden, began to rumble, according to a report in The Local, Sweden's English-language newspaper.

"We suddenly heard a huge thud; we almost thought it was an earthquake and everything flew up in the air.
"The floor collapsed in one corner of the room and along the walls," one Weight Watchers participant told the Smålandsposten newspaper.

Soon, the fault lines spread around the room, and other sections of the floor gave way.

Luckily, all of the dieters escaped uninjured and managed to move the scales to the corridor, which was not damaged in the accident, and were able to complete their weekly weigh in, although several members needed a little time to 'clean up' their sudden weight loss.

The cause of the floor's collapse remains under investigation.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions