Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIce Baths

Ice Baths

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I'm sure there's a thread about these but I couldn't find it.

Whens the best time to have one ? I'm thinking of trying one now which is about 3 -4 hrs after training. Should I wait till later / tomorrow ?

How long do you stay in it ? or should I say 'try' to stay in it.
i just had one !!

feel all nice and fuzzy now !!

(i didnt have any ice ,so it was just very cold water)

go-on give it a go !!

i was in for about 10 mins ..
i had one ! it shrunk my nuts !
i had one ! it shrunk my nuts !
Cheers lads I'll report back !
I reckon contrast showers would be better.
IainKendrick said:

oh, ere we go doctor southern jessey kenders ....

however , they sound better than a cold bath
straight after a workout i find best. a cold shower is not cold enougth you need ice in it and a lot. ive had so many after strongman training you body gets used to them. i find if i miss out on them my body is sire the next day a lot more
fatter_tomorrow
hows the knee coming along nathan?
Post Edited: 02.08.2009 @ 19:09 PM by nathan
fatter_tomorrow said:

had my mri scan yesterday morning. got ligment damage they reakon just waiting for clarification from mri scan. f**king 260 quid it cost the robbing bas***ds. lol
cant go privite all the way though cause i payed to have my hernia done privite. so will see how much it is privite but aslong as i have got the mri which takes time out the way the rest should be a breeze. aint trained for 2 weeks. but enjoyed the time off to be honest and eating like normal people not every 3 hours. will be a body builder for a few weeks and then back to othe grind house

you cool mate? bet your family are well chufffed with the paper and swining etc
Boar said:
IainKendrick said:

oh, ere we go doctor southern jessey kenders ....

however , they sound better than a cold bath

Its the contrast between hot and cold that dose the real trick. Ice bath followed by sauna and repeat would be the real deal!

If it's an injury try ice massage followed by a very hot towel etc.
fatter_tomorrow
nathan said:
fatter_tomorrow said:

had my mri scan yesterday morning. got ligment damage they reakon just waiting for clarification from mri scan. f**king 260 quid it cost the robbing bas***ds. lol
cant go privite all the way though cause i payed to have my hernia done privite. so will see how much it is privite but aslong as i have got the mri which takes time out the way the rest should be a breeze. aint trained for 2 weeks. but enjoyed the time off to be honest and eating like normal people not every 3 hours. will be a body builder for a few weeks and then back to othe grind house

well atleast you know what it is now, but £260 f**king hell!! hope you can go private, nhs is wank! and maybe you needed the time off....natures way of forcing you lol. hope you recover well and quick!!

and yea they're pretty chuffed, i got the news coming tomorrow but i dont what to do it, just want to get on with training and get ready for swindon novice!! supose once more wont hurt though.
fatter_tomorrow said:
nathan said:
fatter_tomorrow said:

well atleast you know what it is now, but £260 f**king hell!! hope you can go private, nhs is wank! and maybe you needed the time off....natures way of forcing you lol. hope you recover well and quick!!

and yea they're pretty chuffed, i got the news coming tomorrow but i dont what to do it, just want to get on with training and get ready for swindon novice!! supose once more wont hurt though.

mate enjoy the lime light. sometimes people can do stuff and not get recognised so i would take it all with arms wide open hahah
Well due to a technical hitch my water tubs hadn't frozen right up and were just forming ice so they olny served to make my cold bath a bit colder rather than icey.

It was still pretty f**king cold but I stayed in ten minutes easily enough,. TBH I dont feel much diffent.

I'll have to try Ian's suggestion next time.

I think I need more than a ice bath anyway. I'm bent into a kind of S shape Unhappy
IainKendrick said:

any excuse to run round the changing area naked

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIce Baths
Return to top View Desktop Site