REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → A Hebridean Diary

A Hebridean Diary

12345678910 ... ... 198199200201202203204205206207208

Martin1956Icon...08-06-2026 @ 02:17 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Good work at the comp Happy


Cheers Wayne, appreciated. Happy
Martin1956Icon...08-06-2026 @ 02:18 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
b15ape1 said:
With you Martin, totally understandable!!


Thanks Andy, and for the ongoing support. Happy
Martin1956Icon...09-06-2026 @ 22:13 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Tuesday Bench

Thick red band today, adds 25 to 30 at lockout. Hoping to get at least 90.

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
Band on
Bar for 6
30 for 5
40 for 4
50 for 3
60 for 2
70 for 1
80 for 1
90 for 1
95 for 1
Finish

The plan was not to finish there, but to drop 20 and do 3 sets of 5. But it wasn't just fatigue today, I could feel myself falling asleep so I had no choice but to leave it. So, strength endurance less than useless, but quite happy with one rep strength. Hopefully a one off, with better days ahead.
Martin1956Icon...12-06-2026 @ 23:06 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Friday Bench

After the awful session on Tuesday, I went again with the thick red band, to try and complete what I couldn't last time. Band adds 25 to 30 at lockout.

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
Band on
Bar for 6
30 for 5
40 for 4
50 for 3
60 for 2
70 for 1
80 for 1
90 for 1
95 for 1
75 for 5
75 for 5
75 for 5
65 for 8
60 for 10
Finish

Did it! Got every rep. Every last rep was right on my limit, so got the numbers bang on. May have been more than 95 there, but that can wait until next session with this band. Next time, thin red band. 105 top number would be nice. Fatigue has totally gone. But for how long...?
b15ape1Icon...13-06-2026 @ 17:04 
Avatar
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 2077 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
Well done pal great session Wink
Martin1956Icon...16-06-2026 @ 21:01 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
b15ape1 said:Well done pal great session Wink


Thanks Andy. Happy
Martin1956Icon...16-06-2026 @ 21:14 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Tuesday Bench

Planned to train at 3, but just wasn't up for it. Ended up having an involuntary nap just after washing my pre workout supps down with an energy drink! Eventually got to the garage about 6.30. Thin red band today, adds 15 to 20 at lockout. Planned to just go up to a top single if I didn't improve. 105 was the target, but tbh I'll take 100.

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
Band on
30 for 6
40 for 5
50 for 4
60 for 3
70 for 2
80 for 1
90 for 1
100 for 1 - really easy
105 for 1
85 for 5
85 for 5
85 for 5
75 for 8
70 for 10
Finish

Really pleased, all things considered. For context, 105 was my opener at the recent Scottish Championships, and was, briefly, a Scottish M4 record. Without the band, of course. Surprised I haven't lost strength coming of creatine but it seems to be holding. I've gone back on Athanase, so maybe that's compensating?

A session without the band on Friday. The target will be 115, then drop 20 for sets of 5.

Then a strength test next Tuesday before my latest operation, which is on Thursday 25th.
b15ape1Icon...16-06-2026 @ 22:28 
Avatar
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 2077 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
Great volume again Fletty, sessions like that make all the difference Wink
Martin1956Icon...21-06-2026 @ 01:25 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
b15ape1 said:Great volume again Fletty, sessions like that make all the difference Wink

Thanks Andy, they certainly do!
Martin1956Icon...21-06-2026 @ 01:33 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Saturday Bench

A day late, as I attended a funeral on Friday afternoon. No band today, 115 and sets of 5 with 95 was the target.

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
40 for 6
50 for 5
60 for 4
70 for 3
80 for 2
90 for 1
100 for 1
110 for 1
115 for 1
95 for 5
Finish.

Everything moved well enough, but it just felt heavy. Hit 115, then first set with 95 for 5 and I was done. Twenty minutes later, I was fast asleep o0n the chair, so that explains the fatigue. I think the World Cup is playing havoc with my sleeping patterns.

Strength test on Tuesday. It would be good if 120 was still there. Based on today, it should be.
Martin1956Icon...21-06-2026 @ 01:34 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Saturday Bench

A day late, as I attended a funeral on Friday afternoon. No band today, 115 and sets of 5 with 95 was the target.

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
40 for 6
50 for 5
60 for 4
70 for 3
80 for 2
90 for 1
100 for 1
110 for 1
115 for 1
95 for 5
Finish.

Everything moved well enough, but it just felt heavy. Hit 115, then first set with 95 for 5 and I was done. Twenty minutes later, I was fast asleep o0n the chair, so that explains the fatigue. I think the World Cup is playing havoc with my sleeping patterns.

Strength test on Tuesday. It would be good if 120 was still there. Based on today, it should be.
jtIcon...21-06-2026 @ 08:55 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 8075 posts
If the world cup was in Australia would you watch it live?

Good stuff with the 115 and smash the 120!

The ashes ruin me every 4 years.
Martin1956Icon...23-06-2026 @ 11:23 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
jt said:If the world cup was in Australia would you watch it live?

Good stuff with the 115 and smash the 120!

The ashes ruin me every 4 years.


It's not, lol and never will be. I recall watching much of the Sydney Olympics live, but maybe that's a false memory and I watched highlights?

Thanks, give it my best shot. Happy
Martin1956Icon...23-06-2026 @ 17:47 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Tuesday Bench.

Strength test at the end of this wee training block. I very much doubted if I would see 120 again without creatine, but recent sessions were encouraging, so that was the target. I'll either get it or I won't...

Bar for 10 x 3 sets
40 for 6
50 for 5
60 for 4
70 for 3
80 for 2
90 for 1
100 for 1
110 for 1
120 for 1 - it's never easy, but it was never not getting lifted
110 for 2
100 for 4
90 for 6
Finish

Wanted another couple of volume sets, but I ran out of time and energy at pretty much the same time. There was probably a wee bit more than 120 there...

Off for my operation in Inverness on Thursday. Hopefully back training next Tuesday having lost next to no strength.
marcIcon...26-06-2026 @ 19:54 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2536 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Still strong lad

12345678910 ... ... 198199200201202203204205206207208

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → A Hebridean Diary
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions