12345678910 ... ... 198199200201202203204205206207208
| Martin1956 | ... | 13-08-2026 @ 00:21 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | b15ape1 said:Well done Fletty, a wins a win Cheers mate. | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 13-08-2026 @ 00:21 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | marc said:120 is big well done. P.s. what is rain? It's what flooded the garden lol. | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 13-08-2026 @ 00:46 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | Post Edited: 13.08.2026 @ 00:47 AM by Martin1956 Wednesday BenchA day late. I had my renal consultation yesterday afternoon, of which more later. Then, on a whim, I drove down to Harris to listen to a Q&A with First Minister John Sweinney. Every sixth session, I do a strength test where I test my current max to competition standards, or as close as I can. This was that session. On the face of it, it's the easiest of the six, as there are no down sets. But loading the bar with the calibrated plates is a workout in itself! Trained at 5 so I could be done for the eclipse. Fatigued throughout, nearly called it off. Bar for 10 x 3 sets 40 for 6 60 for 4 80 for 2 90 for 1 100 for 1 110 for 1 120 for 1. The 120 would probably have passed in competition, but maybe the touch was a bit brief. I'll take it. No more there though. I would have liked 125, but too fatigued. By the evening, I felt fine. I'm thinking of switching to evening workouts, but then if I do stuff through the day, I'll likely be tired then too... The renal session informed me that my kidney function was at 18%. No prospect of it getting better, but opportunities to stop it getting worse. It dropped from 23 to 18 during the period when I was on creatine, and has been stable since I stopped. That tells its own story... Health before a few extra kilos. My blood pressure is also under better control. I was 151/69 yesterday, in the doctor's the week before 134/76. Contrast that with 200/85 12 months ago. It's come down since I started augmenting my prescribed medication (which was doing f**k all on it's own) but still the medic poo poo'd it. Why do they do that? High blood pressure happens when the body stops producing nitric oxide, and studies show that stuff like L Arginine, Beetroot and L Citrulline helps produce nitric oxide. I get they don't prescribe it, but not why they can't acknowledge it. Also sorted out my bladder treatments, and I should be starting chemo in the next couple of weeks. | ||
| jt | ... | 13-08-2026 @ 22:38 | |
old age traveller Member 332, 8075 posts | great stuff to hit 120 and I hope all the medical stuff hits the spot. | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 14-08-2026 @ 01:31 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | jt said:great stuff to hit 120 and I hope all the medical stuff hits the spot. Thanks Jason. Clinging on... | ||
| marc | ... | 15-08-2026 @ 12:19 | |
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine Member 84, 2536 posts SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq | Keep going fletty nice 120 | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 15-08-2026 @ 21:32 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | marc said:Keep going fletty nice 120 Thanks. That nearly rhymes. ???? | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 18-08-2026 @ 20:12 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | Tuesday Bench I've been thinking of changing my days back to Monday and Thursday, but the fatigue yesterday wrecked me. A bit better today, but I still fell asleep in the afternoon and didn't start until nearly 7. It soon became clear that I wasn't going to manage a complete workout, so I just focused on getting my top single. Black band today, adds 55 to 60 at lockout, target was 82.5, had the biscuits on the inside throughout. Bar for 10 x 3 sets Band on Bar for 6 32.5 for 5 42.5 for 4 52.5 for 3 62.5 for 2 72.5 for 1 82.5 for 1 Finish Disappointed not to do more, but pleased to get 82.5. | ||
| b15ape1 | ... | 19-08-2026 @ 20:58 | |
British bum sex champ Member 450, 2077 posts SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290817.5 kgs @ 150kgs Eq | Bugger me i like a snooze myself these days Fletty....Im sure my sofa calls me over subconsciously | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 22-08-2026 @ 20:14 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | b15ape1 said:Bugger me i like a snooze myself these days Fletty....Im sure my sofa calls me over subconsciously | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 22-08-2026 @ 20:35 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | A bit late Thursday Bench Not really a work out, but I lay awake on Tuesday night wondering if I could bench the bar with both the black and green bands, and maybe more, so Bar for 10 x 3 sets Black band on Bar for 6 30 for 4 40 for 2 Weight off, green band added Bar for 1 40 for 1 Finish Stupid, but an itch that needed scratching, thought my right arm was going to snap at one point. Friday Bench. Green band, the target was 92.5 Bar for 10 x 3 sets Green band on (adds 35 to 40 at lockout) Bar for 6 32.5 for 5 42.5 for 4 52.5 for 3 62.5 for 2 72.5 for 1 82.5 for 1 92,5 - fail Finish, nothing left The session was fitted in between fatigue and my Friday music session, so all a bit rushed. The 82.5 was completely untroubled, but couldn't lock out 10 kilos more. I'll try it again next session... | ||
| marc | ... | 22-08-2026 @ 20:36 | |
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine Member 84, 2536 posts SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq | Double bands wow gteat work | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 23-08-2026 @ 01:00 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | marc said:Double bands wow gteat work Or daft... | ||
| Martin1956 | ... | 29-08-2026 @ 22:42 | |
Old Age Presser Member 75, 8170 posts SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq | Saturday Bench Haven't trained this week. Had a slight strain in my forearm that needed a few days rest. I think as a result of the double band session. Plus, had quite bad fatigue on some days, and had things to do and places to be. Planned to train at 5.30, but around then I dozed off, so didn't train till 7.30. But I'd eaten for an earlier time, so knew the energty wouldn't be there for a full session. So the aim was simple. Get the green band monkey off my back. It buried me last time. But I was rushing.. Bar for 10 x 3 sets Green band on (adds 35 to 40) Bar for 6 32.5 for 5 42.5 for 4 52.5 for 3 62,5 for 2 72.5 for 1 82.5 for 1 92.5 for 1 - yesssss Finish After the 82.5, I honestly didn't think 92.5 was there. But it was, just, and I celebrated as if Trump had died. Onwards... | ||
| jt | ... | 29-08-2026 @ 22:46 | |
old age traveller Member 332, 8075 posts | Good stuff Martin, I tried the band set up that you do a few times and always felt it gave me more elbow grief than other methods. | ||
12345678910 ... ... 198199200201202203204205206207208