Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTraining with Big Z - 50 Minute Interview in the Gym.

Training with Big Z - 50 Minute Interview in the Gym.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

luki said:Who's the Georgian he mentions at 49mins ish?

Janashia, came 4th at worlds
BrenWad
AdamT said:Z uses slin too. Look at his face at WSM 15.

No doubt, but he hasn't used it to put on insane weight in a short period of time like Hall and Co.
Mikeneto said:I reckon that was filmed just before the ultimate strongman world championship.

He still seems uncertain with his injury and plans to be 170-175kg for Arnold's. Doubt he will be a contender there.

Z, lalas, Radz kieliskowski, Thor all need to get that heavy log and Shaw to fail it for him to compete I reckon.

Filmed on the 2nd December, so just over a week before the Ultimate Strongman World Champs
LaTuta
Looks like 190kg for 2 reps shoulderpress?
60kg's away from his personal best.
PaulSavage
Good to finally see some proper training footage of the big z. Looks jacked.
Draken
PaulSavage said:Good to finally see some proper training footage of the big z. Looks jacked.

Agreed. He looks way stronger and bigger in this film than in all the photos and selfies he uploads to IG.
LaTuta said:Looks like 190kg for 2 reps shoulderpress?
60kg's away from his personal best.

There is no way Z ever put 250kg
He struggled to bench that!!
Draken
I've always thought Big Z to be a little bit ... retarded, because that's how he seems when he speaks english. He seems a bit brighter speaking his native language.

But ... he claims to be eating 300 gram carbs a day, and then the fat of 400 gram salmon, 50 gram nuts and one avocado. How was he maintaining 175 kg + with that diet?

FAT_SAM said:
It's sitting down, with back support, and done in the smith machine.

To me, it doesn't seem impossible that he has done 250 kg that way.
FAT_SAM said:

Take a look at unit94, his bench is poor, but his overhead is amazing.
When Rade Savic was benching 300kg paused, his best on smith for shoulders was 220kg.

Z never pressed 300 bench but Im sure he can do 220 for reps on smith.

Shoulder pressing and benching are two different lifts.

If Z does 190x2 on smith and week after fails 167 axle, what could best shape Z who strict presses 208 axle for a double can do on smith. Probably 250 if we do the math right.
I remember he said after ASM 14 his best result on smith was 250x2.

The way he presses is amazing, wide grip, wide open elbows, no back involved, only traps and rear delts.
LaTuta
He pressed that 250 x 2 no question about that.
LaTuta
drex50 said:
The way he presses is amazing, wide grip, wide open elbows, no back involved, only traps and rear delts.

Why is that amazing? I press exact the same way because thats the way i can overhead press the most.
Is this more impressive?
My bench also lacks in comparison to my strict overhead.
LaTuta
drex50 said:

Why is that amazing? I press exact the same way because thats the way i can overhead press the most.
Is this more impressive?
BrenWad
LaTuta said:
Is this more impressive?

My bench is poor compared to overhead.
I've heard Z doesn't really train bench. I ain't ever doubting anything Z has done overhead, 250 double on a smith is completely believable

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTraining with Big Z - 50 Minute Interview in the Gym.
Return to top View Desktop Site