REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 140 guests
You are here: HomeForumDraken → View All Posts

View All Posts: Draken

» Impossible to build muscle after 35 or harder? (Go to post)07-09-2017 @ 00:12 
It's almost too late not to start strength training and building muscle, so hurry the f' up!
» Finding money on the floor (Go to post)05-09-2017 @ 02:07 
The highest amount I've found at once is about 50 pounds or 63 dollars.
» Game of Thrones (Go to post)27-08-2017 @ 15:45 
slimsim said:
If the fit blonde you're talking about is Brienne of Tarth then you need to reevaluate your idea of what constitutes 'fit'!
Google the name and figure out for yourself which fit blonde he's talking about.
» Game of Thrones (Go to post)27-08-2017 @ 15:44 
hardcheese said:Supposedly they lopped his head of and sent the skull Dorne to appease the other lot. That being true the indication being he now doesn't have a head and that's why he doesn't take off his armour which should cut down on Thor voice acting. - apologies anyone who doesn't watch Thrones.

Spoiler above
Errr.. nope. Gregor still has his head and it has not been sent to Dorne. Lol.
» Ilyin 170 / 215... (Go to post)07-08-2017 @ 06:34 
Billytheold said:Are you allowed straps? How does it help?

Obviously it helps in the same way they normally help - with the grip, as there's no magic
change because the sport is called weightlifting. But no, it's not allowed.

Thanks to hook grip, which is used by virtually everyone, the grip is very rarely (never?) the limiting factor. It's hard on the thumbs, though, so people use straps while training, so the straps take the damage instead of the thumbs.
» Which strongman, PL:er or OL:er would win a street fight without ... (Go to post)07-07-2017 @ 17:02 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
It was Austin (under the name 'polkovnikostin'), and all I know is Andy challenged him to say it to his face.

I can't find it. Is it gone/deleted?
» Which strongman, PL:er or OL:er would win a street fight without ... (Go to post)07-07-2017 @ 17:02 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
It was Austin (under the name 'polkovnikostin'), and all I know is Andy challenged him to say it to his face.

I can't find it. Is it gone/deleted?
» Which strongman, PL:er or OL:er would win a street fight without ... (Go to post)07-07-2017 @ 12:21 
I forgot Eddie Hall. He hasn't got the height, but his freakish strength, weight and aggressivity could make up for that.

I though of Konstantinovs as well. He really looks like a bad guy. But he's at least 100 lbs short.
» Which strongman, PL:er or OL:er would win a street fight without ... (Go to post)06-07-2017 @ 16:40 
Post Edited: 06.07.2017 @ 16:40 PM by Draken
... any rules at all except no biting, no clawing and no scratching. They can stomp eachother et cetera, which is forbidden in UFC (today there's almost this equality sign between UFC and MMA, however that's not the case). And no weight classes. Free for all! The best fighter overall.

It's just like an old school MMA fight, with the difference that they fight for their lives, which means that strategy goes right out the window. I'm making a point of this because I don't want any "walk around waiting for the right time to strike, and then someone winning on points. It's just to the death. Raw and brutal.

Dead or alive makes no difference, as everyone fights in their prime.

Anyways: what do you think, seriously?

I think we have to look for Strongmen. OLers aren't strong enough - they are more into power and explosivity than raw, brute strength. PLers train too few events, and lack arms, upper back etc. Most PLers train arms and upper back, yes: but strongmen compete with them. Plus Strongman is more overall than PLing, and they possess higher endurance.

I think Brian Shaw would win. He's topping both strength, weight and height. Z isn't tall enough. Perhaps Hafthor could take Shaw - he's taller, but Shaw is heavier (206 vs 200 according to 1st google result).

Or perhaps Poundstone! He's "only" 155 kg, meaning he's got more endurance than the rest. While they are struggling, breathing to stay awake, he has some power left. But I don't think he will win.

Cyplenkov has a phenomenal grip/hand/arm strength, which can be very effective. However: mr Shaw is too big.

Shaw will win ... or maybe Hafthor. Hafthor is younger, taller and probably has more endurance. I would like to see Z or perhaps Koklyaev win, but that won't happen.

Who would do best respectively worsT, compared to their placement in Strongman? E g if someone who places 1 in every Strongman contest is a terrible fighter.

Best: Pudzianowski or Kazmaier.

Why? They are fighters. Wildcard Mikhail Koklyaev. I don't know why. He's not aggressive. But he has that (I imagine) power of being able to struggle on no matter how injured he is.

Worst: I hate to say it, but big Z.

He's too slow (he lifts to "feel the muscle" rather than as fast as possible) and just does not seem to have "it". He's not aggressive. He's my fav Strongman, but he's no fighter.

What do you think?
» Would you want 1 vs 1-events back to WSM and other Strongman competitions? (Go to post)20-06-2017 @ 20:26 
I'm (trying to) refering to arm-wrestling, sumo-wrestling et cetera. Where the two strongmen face eachother instead of facing an object.

I remember, not so many years ago, there was a 1vs1-pull in some competition. I recall watching Koklyaev doing this on YT, but I can't find the video now.

A few examples of what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qCBkXrb8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHm5XeN-dQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X34KkUlCAI

I think it would be awesome to have these kind of events back. To face Another man's strength directly instead of indirectly, is - according to me - a good way of measuring the two men's strength. Except for perhaps arm wrestling, because it's just too much about technique.

What do you guys Think?
» Former World's Strongest Man Magnus Samuelsson still looks pretty strong (Go to post)17-06-2017 @ 18:27 
Samuelsson isn't cheat curling those 140 x 4. He starts the movement with primarily the bicep, but then has to lean back because if he didn't, he would fall forward down on to the floor.

It doesn't matter if he could curl 500 kg; he would still be leaning back at 140.
» Drug free and disillusionment (Go to post)16-06-2017 @ 16:28 
Boar said:I was thinking, should I just go 'on' full time and enjoy training harder ,training more frequently ... recovering faster , being more muscular... more confidence

or stay natural and slowly grind out the sessions , be more tired and carry more body fat but still get stronger

I chose the latter

I guess that people who are 'on' full time just want to believe staying on for life is not risky as that's the path they have to go down due to the choices they make in their 20's+30's (nothing aimed at vinny directly)

who needs more risk that is already out there ? and who would take a TRT dose anyways ? I don't know what it is but I'm guessing it would be the same as having a 1mm/250mg jab of sust every 3 weeks ?

a couple of years ago I had a blood test and the doc said my test levels were normal

**please note, I'm not TRT expert and I would think under the guidance of a doctor/clinic it would be fairly safe , but not without risk
250 mg e3w seems very Little, at least compared to that gelly thingy people use.

Alot of jelly-people use 50 mg eod, which equals 350 mg ew, BUT I'm not sure of the bioavailability of testosterone taken via that ROA.

350 mg high class testosterone per week is actually a fairly good starter's cycle ...
» Drug free and disillusionment (Go to post)16-06-2017 @ 16:17 
Post Edited: 16.06.2017 @ 16:18 PM by Draken
jedi said:Just to throw something in to this from a slightly different angle: I'm surely not the only one here who is lifetime drug-free but lifts in a tested fed?
What do you mean, "but"? One should think that EVERY lifetime drug-free athlete lifts in a tested fed. Why would they compete against the PED-people in the non-tested feds?
» Drug free and disillusionment (Go to post)16-06-2017 @ 16:15 
AMH_Power said:
I get this, I do. But it's intentionally cheating; that's the difference. Drugs are what they are, and are a part of some sports. But until there is an absolute zero tolerance view on it in drug free sport, it won't be drug free.
Average joe will risk a ban, but not prison. Fraud is fraud. Or, in its place a lawfully enforceable fine. If I can be made to pay for a parking ticket as part of a contract I never signed, I'm sure these cheating low lifes can be made to pay if they do sign on competition entry.

Do you want strongman/PL to be drug free?

Do you really wanna se 360 kg deadlifts instead of 460? 170 kg logs instead of 220 kg?

I don't. I want them to lift as much as possible.
» Former World's Strongest Man Magnus Samuelsson still looks pretty strong (Go to post)15-06-2017 @ 23:51 
dannyboy73 said:My mate just showed me a pic he took of Mr Magnus on his phone...

He was crushing a can of coke...and the can looked like it was half the size of his hand...the guy has giant powerful mits.

I bet the man could curl more than 140. Back in the 80s most of the gym were curling 60-100k. as Wayne has said.

Could you perhaps link it?

You are here: HomeForumDraken → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions