You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitsquashed disc

squashed disc

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

DrDIcon...12-11-2015 @ 10:49 
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
I'm coming back from a T-spine disc problem/injury. Well it's kind of still there but am finding ways to train around it. I haven't had an MRI as GP's advise was to stop lifting heavy, was going to get a private MRI but started to see some recovery after 6 months of pain so haven't bothered. Believed to be a damaged / bulging disc at T5.

Would recommend not doing any specific programming and just going by feel in terms of frequency and loading. When I start back squatting and deadlifting 7 weeks ago (after pretty much 6 months off them) I could only squat once a week, and have limited deadlift volume massively.

I also use lighter weight speed work to tick over when it's sore. I even did things like 100 singles with 100kg on deadlift just to keep things ticking over and to keep some sort of technique.
HUGE_GUYIcon...01-06-2016 @ 09:07 
I might destroy the planet
Member 2745, 803 posts
So half a year later your squats and deads are back up.
What did you do for rehab and do you still get pain?

I've had pain in the same area since using an awkward box for squats a few months back, then something popped in that area while doing hang cleans last month. Now i can barely lift 100kg.
JackRevansIcon...01-06-2016 @ 11:49 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
I spent a good few months training like a bro, not squatting or deadlifting or really training legs at all.

When I started lifting properly again, I basically completely changed the way I squat. It's now much more focussed on spinal stabilization and activating the correct muscles and stuff. I watched pretty much all of Chris duffins YouTube videos and then applied it to myself and just like magic my injury was a lot more manageable.

Squat depth was sacrificed.
StevenFattyIcon...01-06-2016 @ 12:39 
My name is Steven , I am a fatty.
Member 6048, 393 posts
JackRevans said:I spent a good few months training like a bro, not squatting or deadlifting or really training legs at all.

When I started lifting properly again, I basically completely changed the way I squat. It's now much more focussed on spinal stabilization and activating the correct muscles and stuff. I watched pretty much all of Chris duffins YouTube videos and then applied it to myself and just like magic my injury was a lot more manageable.

Squat depth was sacrificed.

Good for you mate. I hope you have many years of squatting ahead of you.

I got taught how to squat properly a number of years back, but I've seen those Chris Duffin videos and his way is more or less exactly as I was shown. I went from believing I had some physical impediment which prevented me from squatting without constant back injury, to being able to perform the lift quite well, within the space of a couple of sessions.

I am not exactly injury free: lower back is a big iffy, shoulder is impinged, mind is disarranged, and when I pushed for a medical diagnosis on my knees, the doctor told me they are cream knackered. Yet I can now squat pain free, and I am more flexible than I have been for years - albeit still with a need for more improvement.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitsquashed disc
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions