Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld's Strongest Man 2017

World's Strongest Man 2017

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I wonder what weights/increments will be used.
luki
Post Edited: 27.05.2017 @ 18:16 PM by luki
What's in the container on the Viking Press+weight? I can't tell on my tiny phone screenHappy
dannyboy73
Thor is only 3 points below Shaw with 3 possible wins/ 2nds left to go.

Shaw will be nervous with losing the lead.

I'm actually very hopeful of a Thor/Hall top 2.

What happened to Jena? He appears to have gone to piffle. Has he got the squits or something???

FAT_SAM said:I'm gonna call both Ed and Thor to beat Shaw on deads

Thor won't have given up yet with 2 of his best events to come!
AdamT
I understand guys want the local guy to win.

But do you guys hate Shaw? Or is he just dominant? Can't remember Z getting so much people wanting him to fail.

Is Shaw a dick in real life? Always thought he was a likeable guy myself, though haven't met him.

Shaw has never gotten much love on this forum.
for me its just that shaw has won it a bunch of times and a new guy makes it more interesting, HE GREEDY
AdamT
Boar said:for me its just that shaw has won it a bunch of times and a new guy makes it more interesting, HE GREEDY

That's a fair point Boar. Perhaps many are the same. I like the big f**ker, so don't mind him winning. Don't particularly care who wins that much, suppose it would be huge for a local guy to win.

If it were Terry, or Loz, or Hicks I would prefer it. Ed's persona isn't my cup of tea, but he's a fantastic strongman. If he wins, fair play.
billynomates
Post Edited: 27.05.2017 @ 21:54 PM by billynomates
Thor must be getting very p'd off making podium every year and never winning.
AdamT
billynomates said:Thor must be getting very p'd off making podium every year and never winning.

He hasn't lost yet.
AdamT said:I understand guys want the local guy to win.

But do you guys hate Shaw? Or is he just dominant? Can't remember Z getting so much people wanting him to fail.

Is Shaw a dick in real life? Always thought he was a likeable guy myself, though haven't met him.

Shaw has never gotten much love on this forum.

Shaw is immense, and he is a winner... BUT Ed is our most likely contender to win, and I want to see Ed win for his healths sake.
billynomates
AdamT said:
He hasn't lost yet.

True dat, but the wise folk of sugden seem to have written him off and they are rarely wrong.
If Thor wins truck pull & stones and does decent in deadlift, does he still need EdShaw to perform mediocrely in those events to have a chance? I am poor at maths
Happy
billynomates
Caron has a big deadlift. He might shake things up in that event, rattle some cages.
Is multiply allowed for the squats? Someone on reddit reckons its looks like Shaw was wearing a multiply suit
billynomates said:
True dat, but the wise folk of sugden seem to have written him off and they are rarely wrong.
If Thor wins truck pull & stones and does decent in deadlift, does he still need EdShaw to perform mediocrely in those events to have a chance? I am poor at maths
Happy

If thor wins both those events he still needs Ed to drop points, even then if shaw takes 2nd to him he'd still win the overall.
Even if he wins 2 of the remaining 3 events (entirely possible), he still needs a bit of luck to take the win, thats why its hard to see.
Nimble said:Is multiply allowed for the squats? Someone on reddit reckons its looks like Shaw was wearing a multiply suit

Single ply only I think
dannyboy73
This is about the short of it.

Looking at what we know with the guys abilities and events left I would say the odds are in favour of Shaw at this point.

However, I'm behind Thor and Ed. Ed has unbelievable will power reminds me of JPS in many ways.

Also, I=if Ed wins...interest in this country will rise and that's what I'm really interested in. I want strength sports to the masses.

Come on Ed, you got this son.

KevC86 said:
If thor wins both those events he still needs Ed to drop points, even then if shaw takes 2nd to him he'd still win the overall.
Even if he wins 2 of the remaining 3 events (entirely possible), he still needs a bit of luck to take the win, thats why its hard to see.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWorld's Strongest Man 2017
Return to top View Desktop Site