REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 111 guests

Tobys training journal, v2.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678

WiegieboardIcon...05-01-2011 @ 01:13 
Avatar
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11341 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Another strong session today Toby. Hope your immune system is healing up well from Chrimbo.

Very strong dead. Nice work Happy
TobyIcon...05-01-2011 @ 22:39 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Wiegieboard said:Another strong session today Toby. Hope your immune system is healing up well from Chrimbo.

Very strong dead. Nice work Happy


thanks, it was a nice first session back. Hope i can pull it without the suit in a few weeks! I feel a lot better now, i can breathe properly again at last.

today:
Bench
1 x 5 20kg
1 x 5 60kg
1 x 5 80kg
1 x 3 100kg
1 x 1 120kg
1 x 1 140kg 3board shirt on
1 x 1 160kg 2board
1 x 1 180kg 1board
2 x F 210kg - felt a bit off today, i think it will go in a few weeks. First session in the shirt in a long time, so i wasnt 100% on the line and everything.

Incline bench
1 x 5 60kg
1 x 5 80kg
1 x 3 90kg
1 x 2 100kg
1 x 1 110kg
5 x 3 90kg

finished off with some lats, triceps and rear delts.
TobyIcon...06-01-2011 @ 19:18 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Squat High bar
1 x 5 20kg
1 x 5 40kg
1 x 3 60kg
1 x 3 80kg
1 x 1 100kg
1 x 1 110kg
1 x 1 120kg
1 x 1 130kg
1 x 1 140kg belt on
1 x 1 150kg
1 x 1 160kg

1 x 3 100kg
1 x 2 110kg
1 x 1 120kg
1 x 1 130kg
5 x 1 140kg
1 x 1 140kg beltless 10 second eccentric

SLDL
2 x 3 70kg
2 x 3 90kg
1 x 5 70kg

finished off with some hamstring curls
TobyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 19:20 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Yesterday:

limited time so only did deadlifts. worked up to an easy and fast 250, 265+ is there soon i think

Today:
Bench
1 x 10 50kg
1 x 5 80kg
1 x 1 100kg
1 x 1 120kg
1 x 1 140kg 3board
1 x 1 160kg 2board

shirt slipped badly, lost quite a lot of fat recently and i dont think it fits properly any more!

Took shirt off and did some incline dumbbells then loads of back work. good session in the end but i think i am going to need a new shirt very soon
likesadeadkfIcon...10-01-2011 @ 19:28 
Member 1384, 483 posts
SQ 210, BP 140, DL 275
625.0 kgs @ 97kgs UnEq
I thought you looked like youd lost a bit of weight in Sams video. Was this intentional? Decent benching anyway. Going to have to have a go at beating your 260 deadlift in a few weeks i think Grin
TobyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 19:36 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Post Edited: 10.01.2011 @ 19:37 PM by Toby
what video? i weighed 139 yesterday.

it wont be 260 for long, 270+ soon.
DuncanIcon...10-01-2011 @ 19:46 
Avatar
deadlift 300kg conventional ? never gonna happen
Member 414, 1127 posts
SQ 275, BP 187.5, DL 317.5
780.0 kgs @ 115kgs Eq
You seem to have improved your lifts tons in the last few months, what have you done?

Any videos?
TobyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 20:35 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Duncan said:You seem to have improved your lifts tons in the last few months, what have you done?

Any videos?


No videos, might get some soon via Sam if i go for a new deadlift pb or something soon.

Changed training style to something based around prilphen's table, loads of perfect form stuff and working differnet tempos. Learned to use the shirt properly and the squat was to BPC standard with single ply suit and 2.5m knee wraps, so added a fair amount over my old IPF deapth one. Didnt train conventional dead for a while and going back to it i have made great progress over the last few weeks - allmost like its a new lift again.

was phasing in equipment for comp buildup but i am reconsidering it now as i have dropped quite a lot of weight and it doesnt fit tight enough to give me much, think i will compete in knee wraps for squat and only use the suit for deads where being looser seems to help me as i can breathe and get a better setup while still getting a fair amount of pop from the floor.
DuncanIcon...10-01-2011 @ 20:43 
Avatar
deadlift 300kg conventional ? never gonna happen
Member 414, 1127 posts
SQ 275, BP 187.5, DL 317.5
780.0 kgs @ 115kgs Eq
Toby said:
No videos, might get some soon via Sam if i go for a new deadlift pb or something soon.
Changed training style to something based around prilphen's table, loads of perfect form stuff and working differnet tempos. Learned to use the shirt properly and the squat was to BPC standard with single ply suit and 2.5m knee wraps, so added a fair amount over my old IPF deapth one. Didnt train conventional dead for a while and going back to it i have made great progress over the last few weeks - allmost like its a new lift again.
was phasing in equipment for comp buildup but i am reconsidering it now as i have dropped quite a lot of weight and it doesnt fit tight enough to give me much, think i will compete in knee wraps for squat and only use the suit for deads where being looser seems to help me as i can breathe and get a better setup while still getting a fair amount of pop from the floor.


Why are you squatting to "BPC depth," do you not think it's better to squat deep?..
likesadeadkfIcon...10-01-2011 @ 20:59 
Member 1384, 483 posts
SQ 210, BP 140, DL 275
625.0 kgs @ 97kgs UnEq
Toby said:what video? i weighed 139 yesterday.

it wont be 260 for long, 270+ soon.


The one of the 260kg squat. It was yesterday.
TobyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 21:03 
Avatar
Member 887, 337 posts
SQ 0, BP 207.25, DL 0
207.3 kgs @ 132.5kgs Eq
Duncan said:
Why are you squatting to "BPC depth," do you not think it's better to squat deep?..


I train raw deep. My comp squat is to the rules of the federation i compete in.
BigKenIcon...10-01-2011 @ 21:06 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
BPC is drug free yeah?
BigKenIcon...10-01-2011 @ 21:07 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
BTW, not trying to insinuate anything, just trying to figure out if you're in with Bolton etc.

Progress is looking good mate.
DuncanIcon...10-01-2011 @ 21:32 
Avatar
deadlift 300kg conventional ? never gonna happen
Member 414, 1127 posts
SQ 275, BP 187.5, DL 317.5
780.0 kgs @ 115kgs Eq
Post Edited: 10.01.2011 @ 21:45 PM by Duncan
Toby said:
I train raw deep. My comp squat is to the rules of the federation i compete in.


Do you not feel it sort of "cheapens" your squat though?

BPC rules: the lifter must bend the knees and lower the body until the top surface of the legs at the hip joint are lower than the top of knees.

Theres no such thing as "IPF Depth," just loose judging.
WiegieboardIcon...10-01-2011 @ 23:20 
Avatar
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11341 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 10.01.2011 @ 23:28 PM by Wiegieboard
Well done with the weightloss Toby. Are you thinking of dropping a category eventually or are you gonna stay in with the bigboys?
Bloody hell Toby I just realised that was you in Sams vid. You really are looking trim man!

12345678

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions