Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitThings you prefer to do with your non-dominant hand

Things you prefer to do with your non-dominant hand

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

CAJ said:Thought it was normal for the non dominant hand to be supinated/underhand one?

It is for me too. Hmmm...
JamieG said:
CAJ said:Thought it was normal for the non dominant hand to be supinated/underhand one?

Me too
That was my grip of choice too. My left arm turns (supinates?) easier.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:That was my grip of choice too. My left arm turns (supinates?) easier.

Me too. In fact I actually have a problem with external rotation on the right shoulder, poasibly a pec minor tightness from too many right handed activities.
matthewvc said:i'm leftie. however, with piano (classically trained for years) find right hand is better at playing quick melodic bits than left...
for example - Liszt etude #3 (la campanella) has a brutal fast right hand jump all over the place motif that i can do 'ok'
otoh - Chopin opus 66 (fantasie-impromptu) has a rapid arpeggio part in left hand that is more difficult for me.

This is a natural result of years of practice where your right hand did most of the melodic work. I would think most amateur pianists are in the same boat, whether they are right or left handed.
JohnGym said:
JamieG said:

Me too

I used to supinate my left (non dom) hand. Then I read somewhere, a year or two ago I think, that I should do the opposite. Now I supinate my right hand. Can't say that I've seen a huge difference.
I go non dominant underhand too but with the paltry weight I deadlift I might as well go double over.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitThings you prefer to do with your non-dominant hand
Return to top View Desktop Site