Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSquat challenge

Squat challenge

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Chris, I haven't watched the vid, but with a 372.5 equipped PB, 190 must be an absolute doddle weight for you??

I only squat raw, so don't really know any different, but I reckon I'd do approx 6 reps (to full depth).
Actually Don`t listen to me i think i`m very depressed - Sort of like a Jack Dee charecter But more Drunk ... Carry on ..
IainKendrick said:Well it's 5kg less, I am wearing a belt and it's not a full ROM lol

.... but it's the closest I am gona be bothered to get to this challenege any time soon so there ya go..

...185x10 @90kg

is there a dog in the gym in this vid? Grin
MarkClegg said:Not a pop at all BUT why the f**k someone would film the bottom half of their body to post on YouTube is beyond me ? Alot do it ..

Because my private camera man was busy that day so had to just make do Grin
Will- yes lol Thats Daisy the rotty. We also have Russell whose some bread of bull terrier and Gilbert the raven.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Chris, I haven't watched the vid, but with a 372.5 equipped PB, 190 must be an absolute doddle weight for you??

I only squat raw, so don't really know any different, but I reckon I'd do approx 6 reps (to full depth).

Aye equipped with double ply suit and wraps

He probably squats about 260-80 belt only (correct me if I'm wrong Chris)
JC said:
He probably squats about 260-80 belt only (correct me if I'm wrong Chris)

100Kg extra from kit??
Post Edited: 22.07.2010 @ 16:13 PM by JC
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
100Kg extra from kit??

Double ply suit, plus possibly briefs and wraps too.......possibly
I did 160 x 14 maybe 3 or 4 years ago when I was going through a phase of squatting for higher reps. I'd say that's my best ever repping performance. My legs are stronger now than they were then, but they are currently accustomed to very low reps.
That first vid off that matt dude, he only does 9 reps not 10??
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
100Kg extra from kit??

A smaller lifter should be able to get close to that, yeah (big men tend not to be able to use kit as tight, coz they stop being able to get down). I think the difference in Joe B's PBs is about 90kg @ 90, and that's in single ply kit.

Of course, you can't just put it on and get that - and their raw lifts would be much higher than they are if they focused on training for them.
Post Edited: 22.07.2010 @ 16:48 PM by Thing
pipe dream for me just now 190 x for max reps beltless
JC said:
Chris' challenge is no belt/wraps....so completely raw (I think, anyway)

mine were naked repsWink
The WR Clean and Jerk at 94 kg is 227.5 kg...

Just saying Happy
Post Edited: 22.07.2010 @ 17:07 PM by chrisjenkins
My canvas suit is a hand me down from Adam Brooks who had it custom made to his body. The canvas suits give massive carry over but I get nothing compared to my American friends as the suit does not fit me correctly around the thigh Happy I would have to train for a raw pb, apples and oranges but I'm sure I could get over 600 pound for reps with a bit of effort. I havent tried to max out without a suit or wraps so I will try a max attempt near the Olympic Dragons 2 and give an honest answer. When I squated 370kg at the WPC worlds I would have said there was atleast 15kgs more, honestly I will try and peak as I would for a normal show and see what I get. I think JC is not far wrong. Cheers for the support Wayne mate

Thing it will be yours if you keep thinking it!!!

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSquat challenge
Return to top View Desktop Site