Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionNew meal

New meal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

well, i did buy 4kg of pasteurised egg whites off a jew the other day so may as well give it a shot pal!! spose the nutritional breakdown will be pretty bob on as well
not my invention but the cheapest and most disgusting meal i had was a tuna/raw oats shake.
Eat the whole egg:

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/whole-eggs-or-egg-whites.html
minotaurJoe said:well, i did buy 4kg of pasteurised egg whites off a jew

? am I missing something?
JamesH said:
? am I missing something?

Ha ha no mate!! You may poss have seen it, it's a kosher shop in cheetham hill they sponsor one of the IFBB guys I think, but basically they get bottles of pasteurised egg whites in at £2.75 a kilo from France. Somewhat of a bargain some may say considering that a full section of eggs costs as much and prob has less than a kilo of White in it and its consistency will be rancid whereas this is consistent. The guy who sold me it is the great grandson of someone who survived the titanic sinking !!!
minotaurJoe said:
quote me if im wrong but think cholesterol and lipids are different things, cos your cholesterol can go up without being fat, whereas lipids are purely regarding fats. cholesterol is just a molecule which embeds itself in the hydro-phospholipid bi-layer surrounding the cells in the body whereas fat is either stored in fat storage cells or as stated previously, it goes on to make the cell membrane. also cholesterol creates a plaque in the arteries whereas fat furs them up, so it has the same effect but its sedimentation is different.
as for you Niall - it sounds f**king disgusting!!!!

By 'lipids' I mean general blood lipids. It's just terminology for lipoproteins (cholesterols, triglycerides), FAs. I'm not so sure atherogenesis is as quite so simple (or accurate) as you describe.
SMed said:
By 'lipids' I mean general blood lipids. It's just terminology for lipoproteins (cholesterols, triglycerides), FAs. I'm not so sure atherogenesis is as quite so simple (or accurate) as you describe.

I thought lipids was specific to a particular group of nutrients which have a similar chemical complexion being hydro carbons is it?? And the variants was dependent on the number of carbon - carbon bonds therein?? Been a while since I studied it so may be wrong but always thought cholesterol was in a league of it's own. As for atherogenesis pretty sure it is that simple. As with a blocked sink, the more dense particles in the suspension attaches to the side and as the suspension continues to flow past it, because it's obstructed it continues to accumulate mass in the form of a sediment until it's either cleared or blocks. Who knows I poss am wrong!!
minotaurJoe said:
I thought lipids was specific to a particular group of nutrients which have a similar chemical complexion being hydro carbons is it?? And the variants was dependent on the number of carbon - carbon bonds therein?? Been a while since I studied it so may be wrong but always thought cholesterol was in a league of it's own. As for atherogenesis pretty sure it is that simple. As with a blocked sink, the more dense particles in the suspension attaches to the side and as the suspension continues to flow past it, because it's obstructed it continues to accumulate mass in the form of a sediment until it's either cleared or blocks. Who knows I poss am wrong!!

When medics refer to 'blood lipids' the generally refer to THIS.

That blocked sink analogy isn't exactly accurate. Even though cholesterol is found in plaques, plaques aren't formed just because cholesterol is present. There are many running theories into all the possible mechanisms, but nothing is definitive and there is quite a bit of dispute.
Ahhhh ... Bloody biology tutors!!!! Told me that lipids mainly concerned fats. Cheers for correcting me!
I have four eggs every morning for breaky in a omelette with cheese ham and onions, I feel less bloated now I have eggs rather then oats, I think too much of anythin will kill ya even to much oxygen or water can kill, Happy all I know is eggs are s**t hot for pro and are yummy yummy for my tummy,
I've tried it and it works!!!!! Just try mask the flavour a little with honey or sugaD
bigmattE
I read a medical article about how cholestral levels in food does not increase your bodies own levels. Yes I did spell it wrong.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionNew meal
Return to top View Desktop Site