Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHitting a bloke with no arms.

Hitting a bloke with no arms.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Macredev
Post Edited: 05.10.2009 @ 18:49 PM by Macredev
Fun on BOB ( the body opponent bag), I'm no boxer but love doing this for the heart and lungsHappy A couple of vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReDeV7
fatter_tomorrow
Post Edited: 04.10.2009 @ 21:52 PM by fatter_tomorrow
haha seems like a great idea for cardio and got a left hook like the hitman hatton aswell lol.
Macredev
Haha, could do with a few pointers to get the most out of the "BOB" work ( any boxers on here?). I'll know i'm back to decent fitness when i can go all out for 5 x 2 minute rounds again
Those look like skills aquired from years down barnsley taaaaaaawnnnnn on a friday night?

Or a 5-0 boy lol
MrSmall
Macredev said:Haha, could do with a few pointers to get the most out of the "BOB" work ( any boxers on here?). I'll know i'm back to decent fitness when i can go all out for 5 x 2 minute rounds again

What do you want, technique pointers or ideas for conditioning?
nice combinations !!

bob has a nice torso though , id wouldnt kick him out of bed !!

Macredev
MrSmall said:
What do you want, technique pointers or ideas for conditioning?

A lil of both mate.
MrSmall
Post Edited: 05.10.2009 @ 21:22 PM by MrSmall
When you're throwing punches keep the other hand on your chin, keep your chin tucked regardless of where you're looking, don't lean forward too much when you're twisting/weaving, and when you finish your shots pull your hands back to your guard quickly, don't just let them float back.

For conditioning, you could do tabata bursts (20s work, 10s rest x 8) of jab-right hand combinations as fast as possible. Or 1 minute power punches, 1 minute speedy combinations, 30 sec power, 30 sec flurry, 1 minute rest, etc. That sort of thing.
Macredev
Post Edited: 05.10.2009 @ 22:08 PM by Macredev
MrSmall said:When you're throwing punches keep the other hand on your chin, keep your chin tucked regardless of where you're looking, don't lean forward too much when you're twisting/weaving, and when you finish your shots pull your hands back to your guard quickly, don't just let them float back.

For conditioning, you could do tabata bursts (20s work, 10s rest x 8) of jab-right hand combinations as fast as possible. Or 1 minute power punches, 1 minute speedy combinations, 30 sec power, 30 sec flurry, 1 minute rest, etc. That sort of thing.

Cheers for the reply,appreciate it. I'm more into the all out, 30 seconds to a minute power rounds than a steady 3 minute jab, jab, cross etc.
Cheers pal.
Are you boxing as well as your weight training?
lil_lee
smallsy can do what ever he wants.... thats how he rolls!

iv heard through reuters hes going to try out extreme knitting soon!

i had a crack at the boxing lark... picked up the skipping rather well but the heart and lungs just didnt play ball!
MrSmall
Macredev said:
Cheers for the reply,appreciate it. I'm more into the all out, 30 seconds to a minute power rounds than a steady 3 minute jab, jab, cross etc.
Cheers pal.
Are you boxing as well as your weight training?

Yes! Need a bus pass nowadays though so just trying to stay in shape for next season.

I didn't mean "steady pace 1-1-2", I meant, straight punches for 30 seconds, body punches 30 seconds, etc etc, there's nothing "steady" in boxing mate Grin

Anything else let me know glad to help.

Lee - my girlfriend knits quite well, I'll leave that to her Grin
Smallers has quite a following in the neighbourhood at home. Small children stop and stare as he beats on the bag hung up by the washing line. :|
Beard_Of_Iron said:Smallers has quite a following in the neighbourhood at home. Small children stop and stare as he beats on the bag hung up by the washing line. :|

that's no way to talk about the local prossy
I used to do boxing and youve godda love it !

coz sparring murders you to death x 3 and getting hit on the nose hurts and i never 'got used to it'

if anyone goes to a boxing gym to do the training 'but not spar' ..be ready ! thats like going to adders and not wanting to max out on your virgin session !

i think smalls was a technical consultant on 3 of the 6 rocky films no ?
Thing said:
that's no way to talk about the local prossy

LOL

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHitting a bloke with no arms.
Return to top View Desktop Site